> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Vince09's Music Workouts, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 9 2014, 04:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vince09 @ Jul 9 2014, 12:35 PM) *
Ok Gab sad.gif Back to the same old problems.I will work harder

Don't worry! You just have to concentrate on this things. Playing blues licks tight over metronome is a very tricky thing, I would recommend you to use drum loops to make the job easier at first.

For bending, if you work on this exercise 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the night everyday, the problem will disappear and you will become great at bending!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jul 9 2014, 06:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thank you! smile.gif I included that bending exercise in my daily routine,I do it 30 minutes everyday.I wanna know what you think about this kind of muting in the link bellow biggrin.gif

AlternatePicking part 1.2

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 10 2014, 01:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vince09 @ Jul 9 2014, 02:11 PM) *
Thank you! smile.gif I included that bending exercise in my daily routine,I do it 30 minutes everyday.I wanna know what you think about this kind of muting in the link bellow biggrin.gif

AlternatePicking part 1.2

Well, the clean sound can confuse a bit but it seems that you are muting too much the string so you have more pick sound than "note". I would try to do less strength with the right hand or move it closer to the bridge to have more defined notes. Please try it and share a new video.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jul 10 2014, 09:28 PM
I set the Gain setting on my amp to 50%,I hope now it's better.I barelly touch the strings with my right hand and I can't go closer to the bridge,I am almost puting my hand on the bridge and it's not a comfortable position on a Fender bridge smile.gif

AlternatePick part 1.3

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 11 2014, 12:19 AM
Instructor
Hi Vince! It's better but I would still experimenting because the notes could still sound clearer. I notice that your right hand can be even closer to the bridge, try it! just a bit and share the recording with me to see if it sounds better.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jul 15 2014, 05:42 PM
Hi Gab!Here is a another recording...I hope it's better now smile.gif

AlternatePicking part 1

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 15 2014, 10:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vince09 @ Jul 15 2014, 01:42 PM) *
Hi Gab!Here is a another recording...I hope it's better now smile.gif

AlternatePicking part 1

yeah mate! It's much better! Is it possible to try this with distortion?

Practicing clean is very good for precision but using distortion is also good to be sure of the tone that you get and that you are muting the extra noises that appear when you have too much drive.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jul 16 2014, 04:12 PM
Hellow again Gab!Here is another attempt from me biggrin.gif

Alternate Picking part 1

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2014, 09:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vince09 @ Jul 16 2014, 12:12 PM) *
Hellow again Gab!Here is another attempt from me biggrin.gif

Alternate Picking part 1

Hi Vince, the sound that you are getting is better and now I can focus on details. The things that you have to focus now are timing and accentuation when you play alternate picking with palm muting. You seem to play softer when you play the muted sections and I don't note the small accentuation that you should give to the first of each 4 16th notes. I can also notice that your playing isn't tight in these parts.

The best way to improve this would be to isolate the palm muting parts and practice them as a loop over metronome or drumm loop focusing on sound, timing and accentuation.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Aug 1 2014, 05:47 PM
Hi Gab!Here is the video we talked about.Sorry but after I shot the video I noticed the level of distorsion is low.

Alternate Picking

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2014, 08:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince, I think that your right hand could be more relaxed while you play this exercise but the motion seem to be right as well as the sound that you are getting. However I recommend you to use your guitar less inclined while you practice, to avoid an extra inclination of your right hand. Do you understand what I mean?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Aug 1 2014, 09:23 PM
Hey Hey Gab smile.gif I am not used to this right hand motion and I can't be relaxed at the moment...I guess it will take more practice biggrin.gif The guitar position is also something I got to pay attention ...normally I try to keep it paralel to my body but it slips into that position wich is comfortable in some way laugh.gif I think practicing on a chair would be much better for my guitar position....

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2014, 11:03 PM
Instructor
Yes! You have to avoid practicing for long periods with that guitar position because it's very different to the one that you'll have when you play live, standing up. Practicing some minutes standing up could also be helpful since you will notice that it feel different than playing sitting on a chair. Use both ways but avoid your bed, it's even not healthy for your back.

What about the blues dynamics lesson and your bending technique? Have you been working on it? Did you notice any improvements?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Aug 1 2014, 11:43 PM
Then first thing in the morning is to go buy a nice chair and a extra guitar strap for playing while standing up....The blues dinamics is going well but I didn't want to post any videos untill I am comfortable in playing those licks cause I want them to be perfect smile.gif Ben's string bending exercise is really great,it's amazing how practicing 30 minutes everyday can improve so fast your bending technique cool.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 2 2014, 01:03 AM) *
Yes! You have to avoid practicing for long periods with that guitar position because it's very different to the one that you'll have when you play live, standing up. Practicing some minutes standing up could also be helpful since you will notice that it feel different than playing sitting on a chair. Use both ways but avoid your bed, it's even not healthy for your back.

What about the blues dynamics lesson and your bending technique? Have you been working on it? Did you notice any improvements?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 2 2014, 03:53 PM
Instructor
Everything sounds fantastic man. Getting a new chair specially for this means that you are giving a big importance to your guitar practice and that's very inspiring mate. Great decision!

In this video you will maybe get ideas on what things you should have in mind when you choose a chair for guitar practice:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Aug 4 2014, 09:25 PM
Thank you Gab!In the end I got a bar chair wich you can adjust your height and also at the midle it has a footrest.Unfortunetly you can't find a chair that gets closer to the professional chair that I saw in your video.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 2 2014, 05:53 PM) *
Everything sounds fantastic man. Getting a new chair specially for this means that you are giving a big importance to your guitar practice and that's very inspiring mate. Great decision!

In this video you will maybe get ideas on what things you should have in mind when you choose a chair for guitar practice:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 4 2014, 11:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vince09 @ Aug 4 2014, 05:25 PM) *
Thank you Gab!In the end I got a bar chair wich you can adjust your height and also at the midle it has a footrest.Unfortunetly you can't find a chair that gets closer to the professional chair that I saw in your video.

Sounds good mate! Well done, I'll be waiting for your new videos. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 11 2014, 04:25 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! How are you?

You asked me via PM to start some ear training. The first task is simple, please share here 5 songs that you like and that you've never learnt to play.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Aug 11 2014, 09:45 PM
Hey Gab!Thanks for hearing my call for help laugh.gif I am fine and willing to learn more biggrin.gif
I know that the songs I like are not easy but I definetly want to learn them.Here we go:
John Mayer-Slow dancing in a burning room
John Mayer-Waiting for the world to change acoustic
Gary Moore-still got the blues
Nirvana-The man who sold the world
George Harrison-Got my mind set on you

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 11 2014, 06:25 PM) *
Hi mate! How are you?

You asked me via PM to start some ear training. The first task is simple, please share here 5 songs that you like and that you've never learnt to play.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 12 2014, 01:39 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, that's a very cool list! The reason why we need a trained ear is because our ear is the responsible of connecting our mind, our creativity with our fingers and guitar. Improvisation, composition, rhythm, bending, dynamics, vibrato, everything depends on what your ear captures and send to your mind, and how your mind decrypts it.

Let's start with this song that is the easier from the list. I shared a youtube link where you can't see kurt playing. biggrin.gif

There are two tricks that you can use to learn the song. The first one can be found explained on parts 5 and 6 of this lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Riffs-Ear-Training/

It includes a nice assignment that you can also try try.

The other trick that you can use is the software slow downer that allows you to slow the tempo of the songs without altering the key. It's a great tool for learning tricky parts but you can also use it for starting.

What do you say? Are you in?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:54 AM