Daylight Dies - Dismantling Devotion, If you read one review, make it this.
The Uncreator
Feb 10 2008, 03:14 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...Devotion_Review

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Apr 5 2009, 06:59 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Feb 10 2008, 01:01 PM
GMC:er
Even though I can't agree on the 10/10 grade, it's a good album, and that was a great review smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Feb 10 2008, 04:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 10 2008, 02:28 PM
Meh, I'd give it 6/10, good skill, but nothing new, no catch or hook for me to seriously get into it. sad.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 10 2008, 03:30 PM
I've always notice the albums i love the most, Im always alone on laugh.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 11 2008, 03:46 AM
I'm sensing a lot of modern day Opeth style here. Don't really know how to take it. If I find it somewhere, I'll give it a listen smile.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Feb 11 2008, 08:49 PM
Listening to them right now on myspace and I'm really impressed so far. I really like the way they incorporated Doom Metal elements in their playing.

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Feb 11 2008, 09:03 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Feb 11 2008, 03:46 AM) *
I'm sensing a lot of modern day Opeth style here. Don't really know how to take it. If I find it somewhere, I'll give it a listen smile.gif

It's closer to Orchid than any other Opeth-album, imo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 11 2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah i thought that as well, I like the Progressive Elements that blend in with the melodic death and doom elements, i think its brilliant, im really hooked on this band smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Feb 11 2008, 10:55 PM
Yeah, it's a great mix, and well.. I'm sure that their upcoming album will be their best, from what I've seen from the studio diary. I'm looking forward to it a lot. (sorry if that's a bit OT..)

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Feb 11 2008, 10:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 29 2008, 11:34 PM
I just listened to this album at least 4 times on repeat today. I'm shocked on how gloomy, depressing this album is. I love this album!!! Thanks Uncreator biggrin.gif ph34r.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 1 2008, 12:24 AM
Your welcome!! smile.gif

The albums is amazing indeed! smile.gif

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 19 2008, 07:13 PM
Wow, i'm hearing the song Lies That Bind on youtube now following your link. And at first i thought ah nothing special but then i think it sounds great. When he starts going into the growling i thought 'wow what a powerful voice' and i rarely say that about anyone. Excepts being of course Opeth, Dream Theater etc

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 19 2008, 08:04 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I've never heard these guys before, so thanks for the great review..
I'm not gonna agree or disagree with the score until I've heard the album at least a few times smile.gif

I'm on my first listen now so I'll let you know tomorrow what I think smile.gif

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 31 2008, 01:15 PM
Instructor
Sound is very good to me, but I can't stand this kind of voice...thanks to God...or I have to buy so many cd!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 31 2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah, Growls take awhile to get used to. But once you do, you never look back smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 31 2008, 07:38 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 31 2008, 04:17 PM) *
Yeah, Growls take awhile to get used to. But once you do, you never look back smile.gif

Thanks to you I got in to growls, it's really something you've got to get used to laugh.gif
It started with amon amarth, then Opeth, then Amorphis and now this ohmy.gif
You've really changed my music taste tongue.gif ( And that's a good thing )

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 1 2008, 04:14 AM
Glad i could be of assistance good man! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Apr 1 2008, 04:21 PM
Singing Instructor
Thanks for review...I don't like this kind of growl too...but not any kind...Anselmo..or Corey Taylor are ones I like...but what I like a bout this two singers is that they can sing as good with their normal voices,and then just switch to growl...
P.s...thanks again TheUncreator for discovering new bands...at list for me smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:14 PM