2 Pages V   1 2 >  
A Song I Wrote For The Vai Comp Thing, please look
JOhn
Sep 15 2007, 05:25 PM
GMC:er
Heres a video i made for the vai comp, i played it a bit bad but i took it about 10 times and decided i had had enough laugh.gif

Any comment are welcome and vote for me laugh.gif

http://www.lickspace.com/Video/PlayVideo.a...6%2boMJ52an0%3d

edit:
^^^^ i deleted that one because every said it was bad here is my new one

http://www.lickspace.com/Video/PlayVideo.a...&Voted=True

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JOhn: Sep 16 2007, 09:23 AM

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 15 2007, 05:39 PM
The guitar sounded a bit offtune... you had some nice ideas in there, maybe if you give it a few more takes.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
visi0n
Sep 15 2007, 07:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Try to give more vibrato and with more feeling .. i believe the next one you record will be much better smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 15 2007, 08:59 PM
I really like the chord progression. Melodic-wise I think it was really good smile.gif

But, it sounds like your guitar is out of tune and/or your missing some notes. Your vibratos, bends and timing need alot of work. All this will come with years of practicing.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 15 2007, 11:47 PM
Instructor
Must work a bit on it but I gave you 10 tho! wink.gif

This post has been edited by muris: Sep 16 2007, 12:16 AM

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
KRmachine
Sep 16 2007, 12:12 AM
Try to locate where the beat in the song is, and place an accentuated note there, I couldn't really feel any pulse or rythm in this.

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 16 2007, 01:13 AM
This is alot better than this one dude i seen who was supposdly a popluar guitar player there. He was the crappiest. I didnt feel nothin realy like the guy above me. But your doing way better than this dude that thinks he can shred. Out of timing, terrible techinque, no rythem, no backing, no nothing. He was bad. So you still got a decent chance man!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
JOhn
Sep 16 2007, 07:24 AM
iv pretty much deducted that it sucked but i wrote a new one and totally scrapped the old one ill put it up soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Sep 16 2007, 07:49 AM
You also might want to work on your bends a little, make sure that you bend all the way to the correct note.

+Quote Post
JOhn
Sep 16 2007, 09:21 AM
Here is my new one

http://www.lickspace.com/Video/PlayVideo.a...&Voted=True

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 16 2007, 09:39 AM
smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 16 2007, 01:40 PM
This time you'r more in tune, but I think the idea is too simple for that spesific competition.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JOhn
Sep 16 2007, 02:10 PM
i made it simple on purpose. if you look at muris's video it is very complex at cool laugh.gif i could never match that with less than a year of playing so i decided to do something different.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 16 2007, 02:38 PM
QUOTE (JOhn @ Sep 16 2007, 03:10 PM) *
i made it simple on purpose. if you look at muris's video it is very complex at cool laugh.gif i could never match that with less than a year of playing so i decided to do something different.

Well for only under a year of playing, to come up with anything is impressive enough, I could hardly improvise after one year, so props to that smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 16 2007, 03:45 PM
QUOTE (JOhn @ Sep 16 2007, 08:10 AM) *

You need to work on getting the Vai look about you, you know, the self-centered pretentious egotistical look. Try raising your arms in the air, and looking about you, as if you feel everyone around you should prostrate themselves on the ground, like 19th century pigtailed coolie laborers would around the Emperor.

+Quote Post
JOhn
Sep 16 2007, 04:35 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 17 2007, 12:45 AM) *
You need to work on getting the Vai look about you, you know, the self-centered pretentious egotistical look. Try raising your arms in the air, and looking about you, as if you feel everyone around you should prostrate themselves on the ground, like 19th century pigtailed coolie laborers would around the Emperor.

ha ha ha that actually gave me a great idea laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 17 2007, 02:28 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (JOhn @ Sep 16 2007, 10:21 AM) *

It's all good but the timing, I notice your timing got better and better for each video posted but it's still off a bit. That comes with practice, try rehearsing it a few times more before you post it, it should feel so safe when you play it so you don't have to struggle one bit.

I tried to vote but it says "you already voted", but I havn't. Could it be because the link already says "Vote=True"?

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 17 2007, 03:21 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 16 2007, 04:39 AM) *
smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

That's the spirit wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
JOhn
Sep 17 2007, 04:12 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 17 2007, 11:28 AM) *
It's all good but the timing, I notice your timing got better and better for each video posted but it's still off a bit. That comes with practice, try rehearsing it a few times more before you post it, it should feel so safe when you play it so you don't have to struggle one bit.

I tried to vote but it says "you already voted", but I havn't. Could it be because the link already says "Vote=True"?

you can only vote once with one ip i think

And i don't think my timing is off. the video is out of sync a little but i decided it still sounded good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Understudy
Sep 18 2007, 06:38 AM
John I give you an A+ for effort ! You seem a little hesitant as to where you were going from note to note. All of your skills will improve with practice practice practice. Take all of the input here for what it is, opinions that will help you grow into a musician with your own style and sound. I voted for you best of luck !!! If I can suggest going over some of the scale box lessons and hammering them until you can't see straight, those lessons have helped me greatly just over the last week.

--------------------
Guitars Carvin DC-127 Ibanez RG-470
Accoustic Guitar Ovation Celebrity
Amp Marshall VS65R
Recording Gear Tascam Ministudio Porta 02 (Analog 4 track)
Boss DR-220 Dr. Rhythm Digital Drum Machine
Tuner Boss TU-12
Effects pedals Dunlop 535Q CryBaby, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Boss
CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss DD-5 Digital Delay

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:58 PM