3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Hufschmid 18th Anniversary Competition, Win a pair of Custom built pickups
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 28 2014, 11:56 AM
Learning Rock Star
Not a final take, just work in progress:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 28 2014, 05:59 PM
GMC:er
I got a few HUFSCHMID picks a bit back and gave them a try smile.gif They are very unique and each has a very high degree of craftsmanship as one would expect smile.gif They are worth a try and make a great addition to any pick collection. Here is a picture of two of them with two dunlop picks for size comparison. They run a bit large in some units and some folks with smaller hands might need to get smaller huf picks which are also available. These run around $25 each so they aren't cheap but each so well made you might want to frame it smile.gif

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 28 2014, 06:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 28 2014, 11:56 AM) *

That sounds promising smile.gif
the new guitar is sounding nice. you put some inlays on it, was it a bit weird to play without them?

I'd like to be able to play an 8 string rolleyes.gif maybe next year I'll try one.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 29 2014, 07:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 28 2014, 10:56 AM) *

Hey mate smile.gif As our friend bleez said, this sounds promising but I'd work a bit on the strong tones of the take, as the direction dictated by all the 'out notes' is a bit blurry. What do I mean? I'd work a bit on implementing more consonant melodies based on notes belonging to the scale on which the track is based and sprinkling the out sounding notes here and there, just to spice things up smile.gif At this moment, it's a bit TOO spicy biggrin.gif

That's my opinion tho wink.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 29 2014, 07:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for the comments, Cosmin. Taking them with me to my girlfriend's place along with my guitar and I'll see what I can come up with in these last minutes.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 29 2014, 07:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Aug 29 2014, 06:22 AM) *
Thanks for the comments, Cosmin. Taking them with me to my girlfriend's place along with my guitar and I'll see what I can come up with in these last minutes.

Best of luck matey! Share a new recording with me, if you need any other suggestions or thoughts - I'm glad to help out wink.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Aug 31 2014, 07:41 PM

This post has been edited by Mertay: Aug 31 2014, 09:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 1 2014, 11:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mertay @ Aug 31 2014, 06:41 PM) *

Hey mate, I just listened to your take and I must say that your alternate picking skills look menacing! As a general observation, I would focus on tying things up a bit and also on direction. What do I mean?

- it sounds like the long note lines are somehow not fluidly going into the shreddy parts and viceversa
- there are spots in which it seems like the improvisation is not sure about where the melody will go, it's a bit static

If you manage to work on developing these aspects, your playing will surely be at a higher level - you have the techniques out of what I see and hear, but now it's time to put them to work at a different level wink.gif I'd be happy to help out with expanding your phrasing abilities and musical vocabulary if you wish, so please let me know and we can start right away smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 1 2014, 11:48 AM
Thanks! smile.gif

Yeah I did have problems with the middle part, wanted to keep things cool there and create sort of an explosion on the last part but seems kept things too weak. Should have abandoned the harmonics idea instead of forcing it to make it fit...

And thanks a lot for the help offer, will definitely keep in mind! smile.gif will move to a new house in a month or so thats why I can't commit to a new program but after that, I'm very motivated to make more recorded jams (with video or not).

Oh and this was my first competition entry ever! don't know why I didn't start before (besides the ones with online voting, I hate that voting system), its really helped finally getting over the summer mood biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Sep 1 2014, 11:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 2 2014, 10:09 AM
Instructor
Hey mate wink.gif

Take your time and when you are ready, let me know and we ca begin - you have great technical skills which need to be put to work, so I think we can work together nicely and about competitions - get into as many of them as possible smile.gif The idea is to get creative and meet people - winning, well, the more you do it, the more you raise your chances wink.gif That's how I look at it anyway.

Darius - how does the competition entries look like so far - have you guys already had an overview on the takes? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 2 2014, 10:09 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 29 2014, 01:06 PM
Instructor
Guys and Girls! I wanna thank You all for a great activity in the competition and bringing so many different colors to it. It was very hard to choose the winners and there were maaaany entries that coudl easily be on those 3 places but that's the bad thing about competitions...the choice that is never truly objective and based mostly on a taste of judges. Simon, Rizal and Rizky won but all Your takes where worth something more than just a huge Thank You! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 29 2014, 03:44 PM
Instructor
Hey D-man! I've witnessed a lot of great entries on this one and I think that these contests are really a great opportunity. People should regard them not as a competition with others, but as a competition with themselves in coming up with something as amazing as possible smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 1 2014, 09:54 AM
Instructor
Pretty good point Cosmin smile.gif Yeah....competition with yourself is the target. Trying too pull of the best You can out of Your playing smile.gif I've always threated competition like an opportunity to meet some new players and show myslef to the world. You know....people are never searching for new players by typing "player I do know and i would like to listen to" in YT search bar smile.gif but participants usually take a lot of time on listening to other contestans and that's how we create some cool, new, virtual friendships smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd April 2024 - 10:07 AM