Dumb Question About The Videos
lee
Jul 31 2009, 03:29 AM
GMC:er
HI ALL,

I apologize for the dumb question but here it goes.In the videos as the teacher plays there are notes
in the top corner.These notes are constantly changing.Please someone explain to me what this means.
I expect that its something obvious so try not to laugh.I appreciate any help on the subject.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheKeplerConject...
Jul 31 2009, 03:47 AM
It's usually the name of the chord that the instructor is playing over.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lee
Jul 31 2009, 04:05 AM
QUOTE (TheKeplerConjecture @ Jul 30 2009, 08:47 PM) *
It's usually the name of the chord that the instructor is playing over.

Thanks Kepler

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jul 31 2009, 10:08 AM
Okay... Dude questions like this. I have only one thing to say.

This question would be stupid if you didn't ask it and ONLY then! Not knowing how to benefit from these letters is tremendously much more stupid than asking the question. Don't excuse your stupidity for not knowing everything because there's no need. I mean not knowing something doesn't make you stupid. Not trying to find out may qualify into that category though (some times) and appearently you don't fall into the category of stupid.

This post has been edited by Oxac: Jul 31 2009, 10:10 AM

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 31 2009, 12:23 PM
Instructor
It is not dumb question smile.gif You pay for membership and are entitled to ask any question you want. Thats the way I see it anyways. Also the question you asked (regarding letters on videos) is perfectly valid because if you follow that harmony and analyze melody in relation to it, your lesson experience becomes much richer in my opinion wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 31 2009, 01:16 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (lee @ Jul 31 2009, 05:05 AM) *
Thanks Kepler

Its good that you asked here in the open. Those are chords playing in the backing. I'm sure you are not the only one wondering that.

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 31 2009, 03:41 PM
Instructor
Always feel free to ask when you don't understand something, way to go. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 31 2009, 04:21 PM
Instructor
Whatever you need to ask, please don't hesitate, we are here to help each other out, not bash everybody cause they do not know something that we do.
These letters are usually chords that are within the backing, but on screen text can contain various other info as well, specially in the slow videos (videos that are not the main video in the lesson, marked 1, 2, 3, 4 etc).
If have any more questions please ask, we will gladly help you.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Jul 31 2009, 04:26 PM
QUOTE (Oxac @ Jul 31 2009, 11:08 AM) *

This question would be stupid if you didn't ask it and ONLY then! Not knowing how to benefit from these letters is tremendously much more stupid than asking the question. Don't excuse your stupidity for not knowing everything because there's no need. I mean not knowing something doesn't make you stupid. Not trying to find out may qualify into that category though (some times) and appearently you don't fall into the category of stupid.

How many times did you say "stupid"? biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 31 2009, 08:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chokehold @ Jul 31 2009, 05:26 PM) *

Thats what I've noticed as well, but didn't want to say anything smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
lee
Aug 1 2009, 01:52 AM
QUOTE (Oxac @ Jul 31 2009, 03:08 AM) *

Thanks Oxac I appreciate the kind words.

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jul 31 2009, 05:23 AM) *
It is not dumb question smile.gif You pay for membership and are entitled to ask any question you want. Thats the way I see it anyways. Also the question you asked (regarding letters on videos) is perfectly valid because if you follow that harmony and analyze melody in relation to it, your lesson experience becomes much richer in my opinion wink.gif

Thanks Pedja always a great answer.

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 31 2009, 06:16 AM) *
Its good that you asked here in the open. Those are chords playing in the backing. I'm sure you are not the only one wondering that.

Cheers smile.gif

Thanks Bogdan

QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jul 31 2009, 08:41 AM) *
Always feel free to ask when you don't understand something, way to go. smile.gif

Thanks Muris

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 1 2009, 01:56 AM
Learning Rock Star
There are no dumb questions. Only bumb people who do not ask, and thus make wrong assumptions by themselves =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
lee
Aug 1 2009, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the help everybody. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Oxac
Aug 1 2009, 02:42 AM

You could count them if you like. Do you think you would benefit from it?

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 1 2009, 03:04 AM
Learning Rock Star

Now that's a stupid question wink.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
TheKeplerConject...
Aug 1 2009, 03:11 AM
Yeah, totally. That's definitely not a stupid question at all. I hope I didn't come across as "yeah, that's a stupid question, but here's an answer anyway."

Like everyone else said, it's important to ask questions here. Not only do you get an answer, but you help everyone else that may have been wondering. I don't think that information is written anywhere and i didn't get it right away. But it didn't keep me from learning the lessons. So I just ignored them for a while. But it's so useful... If I found this post, I would have been able to learn from those chord indicators earlier and be ahead of where I am now. So thanks for bringing it up.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:40 PM