4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Ben's Guitars
Ben Higgins
Jun 11 2012, 01:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Jun 11 2012, 01:22 PM) *
Woah !! You have radiators in England. tongue.gif

Just kidding !

Nice axe and good looking thru-neck. But that cable output is in weird place. blink.gif

What are the pick-ups ?

The pickups are just factory standard Epiphone ones I guess smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 27 2012, 11:15 AM
GMC:er
The head stock looks a lot like the CAPARISON stocks I"ve seen, which are spiff! Yours is reversed of course wink.gif
Did you pattern it after a Caparison?
How much of this did you hand build? Are you a Luthier as well? For the headstock did you start with a standard neck and power saw or with a chunk of raw rood? Great finish too! Is the finish on the neck and body yours as well?
Attached Image

QUOTE (metaldan @ Jan 26 2012, 03:44 PM) *
I custom designed my own headstock but I prefer a traditional 'soloist' shape. Whacky shapes aren't my thing, ya dig? hahah.

You're dad and I have something in common... here is the axe I just built... I am working on her twin now smile.gif

She has different pickups and I've added a sustainer/eq unit instead of a tone knob... but she's getting worked on because I didn't drill the holes for the bridge right and had some tuning stability issues. Once she's back together I'll take new pics.

Hope you don't mind if I show ya...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 27 2012, 11:20 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2012, 02:49 PM
Instructor
A little bit off topic but, I got my hands on a Caparison Horus...man what an Axe biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 27 2012, 04:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 27 2012, 02:49 PM) *
A little bit off topic but, I got my hands on a Caparison Horus...man what an Axe biggrin.gif

Niiiice, was that a recent purchase ? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2012, 10:48 PM
Instructor
Ah, no smile.gif it belongs to a good friend of mine biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 28 2012, 11:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 27 2012, 10:48 PM) *
Ah, no smile.gif it belongs to a good friend of mine biggrin.gif

Oh I see.... cheating on your PRS with another guitar.... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 30 2012, 03:32 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 28 2012, 06:18 AM) *

I've been cheating on my Ibanez with Minarik and ESP. Such Mistresses! Time consuming, twitchy, and unpredictable but when they do behave it somehow makes it worth it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 30 2012, 07:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 28 2012, 10:18 AM) *

It's good to keep the competition alive between the women from time to time laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 30 2012, 09:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 30 2012, 07:56 AM) *
It's good to keep the competition alive between the women from time to time laugh.gif

Haha, you wild, wild guys ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:41 PM