2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Yep, Google Is Taking Over The World
Wabba
Aug 13 2009, 07:58 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Interesting, good that someone is fighting against microsoft, cause i really don't like windows-with-all-of-it's-bugs. smile.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 11 2009, 01:09 PM) *
And that is? smile.gif

Probably a non-graphical (Terminal only) OS with all the bugs of windows. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 13 2009, 08:06 PM
Lets go fishing!
Ive just finished a course on the Open Source revolution and learnt all about the Open source movement, key players,and got to use some open source products to complete a project.

This is a great thing for sure. It may only be for note books, but its a sign things are shifting away even further from proprietary business models.

The way we live and do business today if based largley on the merits of the open source revolution (think the web).

You see Microsoft may have the largest share in desktop operating systems, but thats really it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Aug 14 2009, 08:41 PM
GMC:er
I know it's the "in thing" to be a disgruntled Microsoft Windows user, but think about this. Where would we all be today if not for Windows? And please no one chime in with MAC! And if that's the case would MAC be raping us the same Microsoft is raping us today? I'm not a fan of Microsoft but I keep in mind that Wild Willy Gates really put the PC on the map and in the homes of average people.

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Aug 14 2009, 08:46 PM
We would still be using CPM made by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intergalactic_Digital_Research

Because the founder (Gary something) might not have committed suicide. Here's how that happened.

IBM: Hi, is Gary available?
Wife: He's in the hot tub, may I help you?
IBM: We're from IBM, will you sign this nondisclosure agreement?
Wife: I'll have to ask Gary.
Wife: Gary? IBM is here with some agreement I have to sign?
Gary: Busy smoking in my hot tub, don't sign anything.
Wife: I'm afraid I can't sign that.
IBM: k, guess we're headed to albequerque new mexico to talk to some other guy

That other guy was a 19 year old kid in a dirty t-shirt; his name is Bill. The rest, you probably know.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Aug 14 2009, 08:57 PM
Yes. Familiar with the history. So good thing he didn't sign smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Aug 14 2009, 09:02 PM
Instructor
Actually i think the future of OS's in general are going to go the way of the dodo bird.

The link that Nadir posted is just the tip of the iceberg.

AMD recently unveiled plans for the next gen server. And i think that this emerging technology is the wave of the future.

Basically the server will run all the functions of the home based computer online applications. For gamers this is especially useful because that means no more having to constantly upgrade your PC for next gen games.

Imagine being able to play something like Mass Effect on your Iphone, and not the dumbed down version either, but in all its splendor.

With this new technology coming down the pike we can run any OS we want to and still play games and use applications because all the computations will be done server side. And all you have to do is open up a web browser.

Because of this kind of thing too i think Microsoft OS will be hit harder than all the others because of their status in the market today.

I know some people like windows, but for music to be honest if money were not an object i would definatlly get a Mac with a Pro-tools rig. Macs are just better machines and the OS isnt subject to the virus attacks and application crashes that Windows users enjoy smile.gif

Everyone used windows because its what all the application designers make their products for. If more software companies made stuff on and for Mac they would have buried Microsoft a long long time ago.

Honestly being oldschool with computers i wish with all my heart that Commodore would have survived to now. They made bad decisions, with marketing at a crucial time in computer development. If they had survived we would all be using commodore i am sure of it.

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 14 2009, 11:31 PM
OK, I read that article and all I understood was 'Windows', 'Microsoft' and 'Google'!!!!
I didn't understand the rest!!!
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 18 2009, 03:01 PM
Instructor
This is a good move for us users,

I wonder how programs would be affected by this, would they make versions for this new OS?

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Nov 18 2009, 05:17 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 9 2009, 09:43 PM) *
Am I the only one who think Windows and MS rocks? smile.gif

Probably biggrin.gif

I haven't looked at it yet, but until I do it feels like "just yet another linux distro".
But I will check it out to see if they have been inventive

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:41 PM