2 Pages V   1 2 >  
I Produced A Tune For The Wedding!
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 23 2014, 11:33 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! As I said in another thread, I had my girlfriends's sister wedding yesterday. It has been an awesome party! I had a really cool time with family and friends. It has been once of those big parties that you never forget.

My girlfriend and me decided to prepaid a surprise for them. She wrote lyrics and I composed a punk song and invited to many relatives and friends to sing it. One part each other and then a big chorus full of voices.

We also filmed them doing some acting without telling them what we were going to do with the images.

We recorded and filmed everything at home (except the married couple videos).

The lyrics talk about how they met and how we can describe each other in a comic way. The repetitive chorus says, "It's the story of Denice & Juan".

The surprise has been very well received by everybody and the full hall started to applaud in the last chorus. biggrin.gif

Check the video: (I also appear there singing and playing).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 23 2014, 11:40 PM
GMC:er
This is very nice smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 24 2014, 06:53 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
That was awesome Gabriel! What a great contribution and wedding present! So tell us, are you and your girlfriend next to tie the knot? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 24 2014, 07:54 AM
Learning Tone Master

Very nice, Gab! This is an awesome idea for a surprise. I guess the new family was really impressed for such a present.
Rich has right, tell us Gab, you are the next? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 24 2014, 09:31 AM
Instructor
Wow! Gabi! Congrats man smile.gif I think that the most outstanding work, aside from all the producing and arranging, was to get everyone to learn their parts and sing in tune! Was it difficult? I think that it would've been funny as hell to film failed takes or so! biggrin.gif Kudos to you amigo! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Mar 24 2014, 10:54 AM
Hi mate!

Awesome surprise present!!!
This is so nice video with full of good feelings and it's even more valuable after 10 years and later.
Great job by you and your girlsfriend! My respect Gab!

This post has been edited by SlowFingaX: Mar 24 2014, 10:56 AM

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 24 2014, 12:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
What a treasure you gave them Gabe

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 24 2014, 12:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 24 2014, 02:53 AM) *
That was awesome Gabriel! What a great contribution and wedding present! So tell us, are you and your girlfriend next to tie the knot? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Mar 24 2014, 03:54 AM) *
Very nice, Gab! This is an awesome idea for a surprise. I guess the new family was really impressed for such a present.
Rich has right, tell us Gab, you are the next? biggrin.gif

hahah everybody in the family is asking the same thing... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 24 2014, 05:31 AM) *
Wow! Gabi! Congrats man smile.gif I think that the most outstanding work, aside from all the producing and arranging, was to get everyone to learn their parts and sing in tune! Was it difficult? I think that it would've been funny as hell to film failed takes or so! biggrin.gif Kudos to you amigo! biggrin.gif

The recording process has been so enjoyable. Just a few had sung in the past, the other ones were saying... "no, this is impossible, I can't sing". But then we discovered that everybody had some musical ear, everybody could sing in pitch (or very close to pitch). And everybody get back home happy of knowing this. This is the part that I like more of producing. You have the possibility of get the best of people and then they feel happy about it..

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 24 2014, 03:22 PM
What a brilliant present Gab!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 24 2014, 07:42 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Awesome!
Your girlfriend really outshredded you on the guitar hero guitar biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2014, 01:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 24 2014, 03:42 PM) *
Awesome!
Your girlfriend really outshredded you on the guitar hero guitar biggrin.gif

haha yeah! she is faster than me with that guitar! laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 25 2014, 08:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 24 2014, 11:34 AM) *
The recording process has been so enjoyable. Just a few had sung in the past, the other ones were saying... "no, this is impossible, I can't sing". But then we discovered that everybody had some musical ear, everybody could sing in pitch (or very close to pitch). And everybody get back home happy of knowing this. This is the part that I like more of producing. You have the possibility of get the best of people and then they feel happy about it..

Hehe! This is where I wanted to get to biggrin.gif

Usually, people that don't have anything to do with music, other than maybe listening to it, think that they have no musical ear or talent just because they haven't tried it yet. The worst thing is, that the majority is somehow fooled by the society in thinking that they shouldn't even try 'because it's not possible for them' laugh.gif You sir, are a very clever and talented guy, who managed to get the best out these folks! Good going! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 29 2014, 11:51 AM
Learning Roadie
How much autotune was used?

I can hear a little but not as much as I was expecting

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Spock
Mar 29 2014, 12:59 PM
This was an excellent video/song Gab! I know they appreciate it very much and will cherish it forever. That is the best gift anyone could have given them.

+Quote Post
Palacios
Mar 29 2014, 03:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow what a great wedding present. Tell Denice and Juan congratulations. smile.gif

Wow what a great wedding present. Tell Denice and Juan congratulations. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 30 2014, 08:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 29 2014, 10:51 AM) *
How much autotune was used?

I can hear a little but not as much as I was expecting

biggrin.gif the people were singing nicely! Let's not dig into that biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 1 2014, 03:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 30 2014, 04:07 PM) *
biggrin.gif the people were singing nicely! Let's not dig into that biggrin.gif

hahaha sincerely not too much. Everybody could sing in pitch with some little issues that I fixed just because we were hurried and they aren't professionals.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Apr 1 2014, 03:54 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 1 2014, 10:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 1 2014, 02:54 PM) *
hahaha sincerely not too much. Everybody could sing in pitch with some little issues that I fixed just because we were hurried and they aren't professionals.

I think that it would've been a little too much if you would've edited and 'fixed' the pitches so much smile.gif That happy folks vibe would've probably gone away smile.gif I am curious, how much tweaking happens in a major vocalist's recording? Myles Kennedy for instance...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 1 2014, 10:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 1 2014, 06:09 PM) *
I think that it would've been a little too much if you would've edited and 'fixed' the pitches so much smile.gif That happy folks vibe would've probably gone away smile.gif I am curious, how much tweaking happens in a major vocalist's recording? Myles Kennedy for instance...

I think that everything goes through auto tune at that level and in that style just to be sure that it's perfect. Don't you think so?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 2 2014, 07:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 1 2014, 09:15 PM) *
I think that everything goes through auto tune at that level and in that style just to be sure that it's perfect. Don't you think so?

I totally agree, but I would be curious to hear a raw vocal take from one such as Miles smile.gif I'm curious to hear the actual level of awesomeness and than the edited version biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:57 PM