Ferocious Imps, DEMO with my band
Dexxter
Nov 25 2010, 12:54 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Hey guys!

My band, Ferocious Imps, has just uploaded our first demo "Midnight's Menace"! Tell me/us what you think biggrin.gif

http://www.myspace.com/ferociousimps

Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FerociousImps biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dexxter: Nov 27 2010, 05:11 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 25 2010, 02:24 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Not bad at all Dexter. smile.gif I think you guys know your style and are in peoples face with it. I think there are some mixing issues that could be better but that will come with the final product, keep rocking man! \m/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 25 2010, 09:23 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Thanks skennington! Agreed on the mixing.. Hopefully it will be better next time!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Nov 25 2010, 09:57 AM
Learning Roadie
I really like the song! the instruments sound really good. But im not really a fan of the vocal parts, well, exept for the part before the solo That sound more dark wink.gif

Really like the solo BTW.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 25 2010, 10:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dexxter @ Nov 25 2010, 12:54 AM) *
Hey guys!

My band, Ferocious Imps, has just uploaded our first demo "Midnight's Menace"! Tell me/us what you think biggrin.gif

http://www.myspace.com/ferociousimps

I think there's some great stuff happening there.. the riffs have a good, Testament feel to them and I'm really impressed with the lead guitar tones as well.. is that you ? You've got good vibrato and I like the way you choke the notes with your pick ! smile.gif

As you've got a naturally clean voice, rather than a harsh voice like Slayer or Evile.. I honestly believe you should create some proper vocal melodies more like Chuck Billy or James Hetfield and earlier Dave Mustaine as your voice would suit that well.. rather than try to do the typical 'thrash vocal approach' if you know what I mean ? Your music's too good to just have the thrash style vox, it deserves the melody to separate it from the other thrash bands. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 26 2010, 02:09 AM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 25 2010, 10:19 AM) *
I think there's some great stuff happening there.. the riffs have a good, Testament feel to them and I'm really impressed with the lead guitar tones as well.. is that you ? You've got good vibrato and I like the way you choke the notes with your pick ! smile.gif

As you've got a naturally clean voice, rather than a harsh voice like Slayer or Evile.. I honestly believe you should create some proper vocal melodies more like Chuck Billy or James Hetfield and earlier Dave Mustaine as your voice would suit that well.. rather than try to do the typical 'thrash vocal approach' if you know what I mean ? Your music's too good to just have the thrash style vox, it deserves the melody to separate it from the other thrash bands. smile.gif

Thanks so much Ben, your post made my day! My intentions are to have a more melodic type of singing, but I'm working on it! And yes, the leads on this song is me, thanks again!

QUOTE (Nielzsz @ Nov 25 2010, 09:57 AM) *
I really like the song! the instruments sound really good. But im not really a fan of the vocal parts, well, exept for the part before the solo That sound more dark wink.gif

Really like the solo BTW.

Thanks a lot Nielz! You're not the only one that thinks the vocals is the weak spot, from the response we have gotten so far

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Nov 26 2010, 02:26 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Probably guitars can sound a bit loud? Vocals seems to be dominating... Drums doesn't sound that powerful.. definitely mixing issue I guess. love the lead parts man.. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 26 2010, 02:37 AM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (maharzan @ Nov 26 2010, 02:26 AM) *
Probably guitars can sound a bit loud? Vocals seems to be dominating... Drums doesn't sound that powerful.. definitely mixing issue I guess. love the lead parts man.. smile.gif

Yep, sorry about that, we'll try to mix better next time! and thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 26 2010, 05:11 PM
Instructor
I like the riffing in here! aggressive!

I don't like the vocals, they should have more attitude to them

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 26 2010, 05:35 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Nov 26 2010, 05:11 PM) *
I like the riffing in here! aggressive!

I don't like the vocals, they should have more attitude to them

Thanks Daniel!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Nov 26 2010, 05:51 PM
GMC:er
good i love the instrumental very thrasy biggrin.gif
but the vocals...its not the fact that he sing bad or good i like his voice !! but its missing something.." that thrash essence"

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 26 2010, 06:37 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Nov 26 2010, 05:51 PM) *
good i love the instrumental very thrasy biggrin.gif
but the vocals...its not the fact that he sing bad or good i like his voice !! but its missing something.." that thrash essence"

Interesting opinion about my vocals smile.gif Thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 28 2010, 08:02 PM
Instructor
Hey man, it sounds great and the demo song is excellent smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Nov 30 2010, 02:49 PM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 28 2010, 08:02 PM) *
Hey man, it sounds great and the demo song is excellent smile.gif

Thanks so much Ivan! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 11:34 AM