> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Sweep Picking, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

George Hlio
Feb 21 2018, 11:10 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Original lesson: Beginner Sweep Picking by Darius Wave

My first time sweep picking ever!!! Hope you like it :)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 22 2018, 12:42 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to REC!! The rec program is great because it gives you at least 3 different critiques each time you make a take!! So here we go!! i gotta say you did quite well here! Your picking and hand synch and string muting is solid. Also your timing is very solid as well. You didn't miss a single note!! The production quality is workable as well. Sometimes we get submissions where we can't hear the backing or we can't see both hands on the player etc. Not so here! Well done.

The only problem I see is that your guitar may be slightly out of intonation. Basically past the 12th fret, things may be a pinch out of tune, even if your guitar shows as perfect on a tuner using open strings. You can adjust this yourself but I would not suggest it if you have never done it before. I'd say try to take it to a luthier if possible and tell him to check the intonation. But that's more about the gear, now about your playing!

Your technique and timing are both solid IMHO, Solid 7 from me!

Todd

QUOTE (George Hlio @ Feb 21 2018, 06:10 PM) *
Original lesson: Beginner Sweep Picking by Darius Wave

My first time sweep picking ever!!!
Hope you like it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2018, 08:34 PM
Instructor
Hi George!

You are doing a great job at GMC! Your take on this lesson is very promising. You can play the whole thing clean, with tight timing and without any relevant issue.

I just feel that some more practice will make you feel more comfortable with the different shapes and your posture and overall feel will be affected, making the final take sound smoother. If you compare your take, the main differences are related to articulation (duration of notes, smoothness) and dynamics (the different intensities used as an expression tool). The more you practice this one, the more you'll be able to add this elements into your playing.

The overall sound is better on this one compared with the other REC takes you've shared.

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 23 2018, 09:15 AM
GMC Founder
Nice!

The biggest problem is still your tuning/ intonation.

Technique wise I think you did well. I can see, by looking at your right hand, that your are a bit tensed though. This will give you unnecessary problems at higher tempos. And there is no reason for you to be tensed when playing slowly - on the contrary, this is when you have time to think about being relaxed / controlling tension.

Remember that your whole upper body should be relaxed - especially your hands/arms/shoulders.

You get a 7 from me. Well done mate - you are doing great.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 23 2018, 03:26 PM
Instructor
I was watching your take a few times and this time you'll get a high grade from me because of two things:

1. Playing sweep picking at slow speeds damands lots of selfcontrol and discipline. You managed to keep sweeping while some people tend to forget and keep picking the regular way (jumping between strings). I will not point your hand tension as a bad thing because for me it doesn't look tensed. It looks solid and prepared for the mechanical process of doing the sweep - calm and patient. At the main task you did more than great job in this one.

2. You play clean and with nice legato execution. Notes are well synced, no noise coming from unwanted strings and no week notes ( at hammer-ons/pull-offs)

Referning to the fact these are sweep, your timing is very descent here.

In general only compaint that covers with guys opinion is the intonation. Never rush the tuning process. Always patiently recheck on frets.

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 26 2018, 09:24 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:18 PM