My Introduction, Noob to guitarmasterclass
masternev
Jan 6 2015, 05:46 PM
GMC:er
Hi All

Have been playing guitar since I was 18 now 33. Played in bands back in SA. One day I got stuck in a loop... then I found freelicks.net by Kristofer Dahl got the cd and checked out some of his awesome vids. Kristofer Dahl site, which is now down got me to sign up with Guitarmasterclass.net smile.gif

Thanks to Kristofer Dahl my guitar riffs and chops have improved a allot! Now without a band, and mostly play solo with my Boss RC2 Loop station, mostly play my own stuff and have now decided to do covers music. I like to play anything and everything or i try to anyway...My playing style tends to lean to Metal to Hard Rock to soft Rock....depending in what mood i am in.. Recently started to learn a bit more of the blues...and always busy working on bettering my soloing.

My gear:
Marshall Amp MG50DFX
Ibanez RG420EX
Modified elcheepo Squire strat smile.gif
RC 2 Loopstation
Boss ME 50
Digi-tech The weapon
Pod.2.0

Good to be onboard...

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Jan 6 2015, 05:51 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Welcome Masternev!
See you around smile.gif Also this place is awesome biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2015, 05:56 PM
Instructor
Hi Masternev! Welcome to GMC! It's cool to know that Kristofer's works and lessons have been a great influence and motivation for your playing. I'm curious about your playing and bands. Do you have some stuff to check?

And also, what about your guitar practice, how do you organize time and what things are you planning to work during the next weeks?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
masternev
Jan 6 2015, 06:35 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 6 2015, 04:56 PM) *
Hi Masternev! Welcome to GMC! It's cool to know that Kristofer's works and lessons have been a great influence and motivation for your playing. I'm curious about your playing and bands. Do you have some stuff to check?

And also, what about your guitar practice, how do you organize time and what things are you planning to work during the next weeks?

Hi Gabriel

Thanks for the reply!

Funny you should ask cause I am busy making a list of stuff to work on. Your In Flames Style is on my list to practice. smile.gif

Live in London now moved here from South Africa, My old band " Scars of Mind" we were a four piece band doing our own music. I played rhythm and Lead guitar back then this was around 2007. Since then I have played with some people in London but nothing serious or seemed to stick. Because of work commitment I sort of stopped playing actively and just played solo..at home.

I have never stopped playing but did not make enough time to practice.Because of that I am a bit rusty and slow. But have been working the last month for 3 hours a night to get my fingers back in action and strong and fluent...hard work but has to be done to improve...

I am working on random stuff at the moment..some licks exercises from Michael Angelo speed kills some stuff from Kristopher and just general technique exercises to get my fingers working...After all the warm and scales I tend to practice different rhythm guitar technique and record to loop station and then solo over what ever rhythm I have recorded.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 6 2015, 06:54 PM
GMC Founder
Wow I don't know what to say wub.gif wub.gif

I am really glad you introduced yourself here! Were you ever active on the old freelicks forum?

It sure sounds like you keep yourself busy now, that's a good way avoid getting 'stuck in the loop' again!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 6 2015, 07:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (masternev @ Jan 6 2015, 02:35 PM) *
Hi Gabriel

Thanks for the reply!

Funny you should ask cause I am busy making a list of stuff to work on. Your In Flames Style is on my list to practice. smile.gif

Live in London now moved here from South Africa, My old band " Scars of Mind" we were a four piece band doing our own music. I played rhythm and Lead guitar back then this was around 2007. Since then I have played with some people in London but nothing serious or seemed to stick. Because of work commitment I sort of stopped playing actively and just played solo..at home.

I have never stopped playing but did not make enough time to practice.Because of that I am a bit rusty and slow. But have been working the last month for 3 hours a night to get my fingers back in action and strong and fluent...hard work but has to be done to improve...

I am working on random stuff at the moment..some licks exercises from Michael Angelo speed kills some stuff from Kristopher and just general technique exercises to get my fingers working...After all the warm and scales I tend to practice different rhythm guitar technique and record to loop station and then solo over what ever rhythm I have recorded.

hehehe we are connected! Great to know that you are writing down your plan. I find really useful to have a notepad where I write my guitar goals and things to work and do during the week. I organize my guitar routines, and time in general in order to achieve my weekly goals. This way of organizing keeps me going forward and doing the things that I plan and want to do.

Feel free to share with me some videos or audios of you practicing if you would like some feedback or comments.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jan 6 2015, 08:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Masternev! Welcome to the site!
See you around the forum smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 6 2015, 09:12 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC Masternev! smile.gif

Great to hear you enjoy exploring different genres of music and that you are focusing on blues now.
Here is a cool blues guide if you need any structure/theory help when tackling this genre. I personally find blues and country guitar so refreshing sounding. Blues can really help you improve soloing and dynamics and what you learn easily translates to other genres, even metal.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
masternev
Jan 6 2015, 10:37 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 6 2015, 05:54 PM) *
Wow I don't know what to say wub.gif wub.gif

I am really glad you introduced yourself here! Were you ever active on the old freelicks forum?

It sure sounds like you keep yourself busy now, that's a good way avoid getting 'stuck in the loop' again!

Ahoi! Mr Kristofer!

Glad to see you are still around! I was never active on the freelicks site...I knew to little back then..smile.gif

Loved your videos the funny and the serious ones.. it inspired me to practice more smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 6 2015, 11:00 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (masternev @ Jan 6 2015, 10:37 PM) *
Loved your videos the funny and the serious ones.. it inspired me to practice more smile.gif

Great, that was my intention wink.gif Working on a new one in this very minute, it's a serious one...Seriously!

--------------------

+Quote Post
masternev
Jan 6 2015, 11:43 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 6 2015, 10:00 PM) *
Great, that was my intention wink.gif Working on a new one in this very minute, it's a serious one...Seriously!

Haha smile.gif sounds good cant wait to see it!

Thanks for all the reply's Guys,

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 6 2015, 08:12 PM) *

Great to hear you enjoy exploring different genres of music and that you are focusing on blues now.
Here is a cool blues guide if you need any structure/theory help when tackling this genre. I personally find blues and country guitar so refreshing sounding. Blues can really help you improve soloing and dynamics and what you learn easily translates to other genres, even metal.

Thanks Bogdan

I will check it out!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 7 2015, 01:43 AM
WELCOME!! Mr DAHL is a Brilliant, Crazy, Intense, Humorous guy and he has chops for days!!!!!!! I"m Todd and I teach weekend vid chats here smile.gif Jump in to all the lessons and chats!!!!!!

+Quote Post
masternev
Jan 7 2015, 02:44 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 6 2015, 08:12 PM) *

Thanks Bogdan

The blues guide will come in very handy. I will have to make some time to spend just on theory. I know some theory stuff but I am know wizard with theory. Most of my theory comes from what sounds good and what does not... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2015, 06:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (masternev @ Jan 7 2015, 10:44 AM) *
Thanks Bogdan

The blues guide will come in very handy. I will have to make some time to spend just on theory. I know some theory stuff but I am know wizard with theory. Most of my theory comes from what sounds good and what does not... smile.gif

Even knowing all the theory in the planet, you should keep on thinking like that. Trust in your ear and always play what sounds good for you, even if it is theoretically wrong. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 9 2015, 01:45 AM
Todd here again smile.gif Just noticed you have a IBANEZ RG420EX!!!! COOL!!!!

I've always wanted one actually and I bought one on ebay but it was cracked @ the nut by the time it got to me sad.gif Post some pics of yours? Love to see!!

QUOTE (masternev @ Jan 6 2015, 12:46 PM) *
Hi All

Have been playing guitar since I was 18 now 33. Played in bands back in SA. One day I got stuck in a loop... then I found freelicks.net by Kristofer Dahl got the cd and checked out some of his awesome vids. Kristofer Dahl site, which is now down got me to sign up with Guitarmasterclass.net smile.gif

Thanks to Kristofer Dahl my guitar riffs and chops have improved a allot! Now without a band, and mostly play solo with my Boss RC2 Loop station, mostly play my own stuff and have now decided to do covers music. I like to play anything and everything or i try to anyway...My playing style tends to lean to Metal to Hard Rock to soft Rock....depending in what mood i am in.. Recently started to learn a bit more of the blues...and always busy working on bettering my soloing.

My gear:
Marshall Amp MG50DFX
Ibanez RG420EX
Modified elcheepo Squire strat smile.gif
RC 2 Loopstation
Boss ME 50
Digi-tech The weapon
Pod.2.0

Good to be onboard...

Cheers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:29 PM