Late Presentation, :)
Unleech
Jul 3 2013, 08:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hello everybody,

Better late than never, as we say...
I am on GMC since October 2012, and I didn't present myself. I KNOW, I AM A JERK. First of all I would like to sincerly apologize for that, it got out of my mind totally!

Ok, there...
I am Arthur, I live in Paris, France. I am 23 year old, and currently working.
I have been playing the guitar for... it will be my 7th year in September. Oh god how time is going fast!!

Ok let me introduce how I started guitar. I want to share it because I love that story smile.gif
One day I was at my cousin's, and we got to one of his friend's house. There were two guys, with electric guitars. First time in my life I saw an electric guitar. Before that, it was science fiction for me! They were really of a nice level. And by chance, they played one of my favorite band songs at the time, Children of Bodom. I was littelarly amazed by the performance. Dat sound, dat power. I was astounded by the ability to PRODUCE music. However, I never thinked of starting playing the guitar, because I wasn't felling capable of at all...I wasn't very self confident at that time.
It was a period I started to think about myself a lot, and question my life. It appeared that I hadn't done anything particular in my life. I sucked at school, it didn't interest me. I didn't have any hobby. I was a geek, playing hours a day of massive multiplaying games. All the year long...
One day, maybe after some weeks or months, I had a dream. That dream. In this dream I found a 5€ bill. With it I decided to buy a guitar. I bought one, and it was AWESOME. I can't remember the dream because it was quite a long time ago. However I remember the intensity of the feeling and emotions I had upon awakening. I hadn't thinked of buying a guitar before this dream. When I woke up, I was decided to buy a guitar. My choice was instantaneous upon waking up.
Then in sold my account on that game I was playing, and I could afford a guitar.

This dream and as a consequence my choice of starting playing music has a strong meaning for me. Nothing in life happen randomly to me. I am so glad I took decision. I love music and I love guitar. It has littelarly changed me. I gained a lot of self confidence, I even started working hard at school...

So it's been 7 years, and I am as grateful as before, or even more. I love music more and more. The work/result, the creativity, the uniqueness of ones skill/music is what makes music a drug for me. I think it will be an important part of my life, for the rest of it!

Sorry for the long story but I like it a lot smile.gif

More concretely, I am a huge fan of metal. I love melodical and technical stuff. My main influences or favorite bands are Veil of Maya, Jeff Loomis, gorod, daath, gojira, obscura, opeth, symphony X, periphery... To name a few.
I like also other styles like jazz, fusion, which I love combined with metal.

My playing is quite oriented exclusively metal. I try to reach a certain level of shred. I am happy with my current level, however I have much improvement to make, and I am super-motivated.

I planned objectives, and I try to stick to them, and practice methodically. I am very happy to be part of that community. First there is a very complete set of exercice/licks in every style/technique I will ever need, which is really helpful. Then I like the fact that it is not an impersonnal kind of courses. There is a kind of familly relationship between instructor and student which I appreciate much. You instructors are really here to help and happy to do it, it is a pleasure to come and ask questions. Sincerly.

I started a "private custom course" with Cosmin, and I am very happy with it. Altough it is only the beginning, it helps me keeping my motivation at the highest, and having customed advice is very efficient. Let's keep on ! I'm here bro!

I have had a youtube channel for a while. I like to learn and cover solos. Making videos makes me focus on mastering enough the part to show it to others. It makes me focus on practicing enough, I don't like half-nailed-half-shity cover!
Here it is : https://www.youtube.com/user/Unleech89?feature=vmdshb

I am also into composition for a year. I don't do it a lot since I prefer practicing, in order to reach a level where I'll be able to create what I like. I have composed several songs with a friend of mine, pianist.
Here is our first song: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cdj5455nn2ah61/X...20master%29.mp3
It am quite happy with it, but it was recorded with my old stuff. Digital amp simulation... which sound pretty noisy.

And that one : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ls4zqgtkkd0jwz1/0513%205.mp3
It is only a draft, don't judge the quality of the playing or the sound... I recorded it quickly.

So, there is my "little" presentation.

I am really glad to be part of that community.

Arthur

smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2013, 09:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Unleech! Nice "late" introduction! It's a very cool story and it's also good to know your thoughts about events and decisions in your life. I also think that there are not too many random events in life. You have a good guitar level based on the videos that I could see in your youtube channel. Keep on the good job and let me know if any time you need help from me! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Unleech
Jul 3 2013, 09:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thank you mate, that's really kind. I won't hesitate to let you know if I need help smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 3 2013, 08:16 PM) *
Hi Unleech! Nice "late" introduction! It's a very cool story and it's also good to know your thoughts about events and decisions in your life. I also think that there are not too many random events in life. You have a good guitar level based on the videos that I could see in your youtube channel. Keep on the good job and let me know if any time you need help from me! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 3 2013, 10:08 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Enjoyed reading your introduction - welcome to the community! smile.gif

Love how you had a dream about buying a guitar that motivated you to start playing.
Dreams are powerful, I really like when I have music dreams smile.gif I remember once playing Twist and Shout by the Beatles with a band (not sure which, it might have been THE Beatles hehh). I was playing guitar in my dream and pretty good on it, even though I don't know how to play that song (I'm usually just a bass player). I knew in my dream that I don't know it, but I managed to play it full by ear... It was years ago, still remember it smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Unleech
Jul 3 2013, 11:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hehe yeah I know that feeling of playing guitar during a dream. It is awesome. When it happened I feeled very happy.
I was into lucid dreaming also, the art of controling dreams. So I know the importance of dreams now smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2013, 04:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Unleech @ Jul 3 2013, 05:38 PM) *
Thank you mate, that's really kind. I won't hesitate to let you know if I need help smile.gif

Great! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Blister
Jul 4 2013, 04:47 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Arthur & welcome to the GMC forum! smile.gif Better late than never, right? Thanks for sharing your youtube channel. I enjoyed your playing.

Gary

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2013, 12:22 PM
Instructor
An official Hello King Arthur biggrin.gif I am glad that you are happy about how our work together is progressing! See you around mate!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:54 PM