Boss Os-2 Overdrive/distortion Pedal
Rating 5 V
Lurgen
Jul 22 2007, 10:12 AM
GMC:er
Wiki link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Nov 29 2008, 03:29 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Fender American Vintage 1957 Stratocaster, Fender American Highway One, Maton MS2000 Deluxe
Amps: Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Roland Cube 60, Fender Frontman 25R
Effects: Boss BD-2, OS-2, DD-20, TU-2
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 26 2007, 03:32 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks! smile.gif

Is this the same the orange - legendary - boss distortion pedal ? I am not quite sure about the color on the pics...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
misterj
Jul 26 2007, 03:53 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 26 2007, 03:32 PM) *
Thanks! smile.gif

Is this the same the orange - legendary - boss distortion pedal ? I am not quite sure about the color on the pics...

No, i think the one you are referring to is the DS-2. smile.gif the old standard. i have often been curious aboust this one. might have to pick it up after finally seeing a review!

the post says tu-2 but the pics say os-2.

This post has been edited by misterj: Jul 26 2007, 04:38 PM

+Quote Post
Lurgen
Jul 27 2007, 03:18 AM
The colour is slightly different, the OS-2 is more yellow than the very definitely orange DS-2. I did a quick comparison of pedal vs. image on-screen and the yellow colour is almost exactly right. For reference, the TU-2 tuner pedal beside it is white.

From a functionality perspective, the OS-2 combines the DS-2 features with their other overdrive pedal (not sure of the model number). I doubt the quality is quite as high as the DS-2 distortion, but to my ear it seems awfully close.

The OS-2 (distortion/overdrive combo) costs quite a lot more than the DS-2, so my guess is they've combined the same electronics to create this one.

--------------------
Guitars: Fender American Vintage 1957 Stratocaster, Fender American Highway One, Maton MS2000 Deluxe
Amps: Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Roland Cube 60, Fender Frontman 25R
Effects: Boss BD-2, OS-2, DD-20, TU-2

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 4 2007, 12:40 AM
Good review smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Francis Viviers
Sep 7 2007, 05:33 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 26 2007, 04:32 PM) *
Thanks! smile.gif

That would be either the OD1 or the DS1. Their both awesome!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 7 2007, 06:10 PM
Lets go fishing!
Hey dudes, great reveiw!! I have the Boss MD-2, do you guys think there is much difference between that and this one?

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Francis Viviers
Sep 7 2007, 06:18 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 7 2007, 07:10 PM) *
Hey dudes, great reveiw!! I have the Boss MD-2, do you guys think there is much difference between that and this one?

Yeah dude. Ive played on the MD-2! I reckon its nicer that this one. Its designed for distortion and it sounds killer. This one is a mix of OD and Distortion giving more versatility.But i would stick with yours.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 7 2007, 08:59 PM
Lets go fishing!
thanks for your advice! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 21 2007, 12:31 PM
I actually have a question about this pedal.I see it's overdrive/distortion and i know Boss actually makes a pedal thats just labled distortion.So is this more of a blues or classic rock type of distortion like can it cover really heavy distortion like metal or just more the overdrive type?

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:29 PM