Looking For Some Info...
rokchik
Jun 10 2010, 01:31 AM
The Dark Canuck
Well it's that time again... looking at getting a new guitar smile.gif

This time I'm looking for a new acoustic. Not that there is anything wrong with my current acoustic, but I'm looking for an electric/ acoustic to take to parties and such.

There is a new music shop here in my town... actually it is the only music shop in my town and they are bringing in Tanglewood guitars. I have never heard of this line before and was just wondering if they are worth a look at. I've just started this process and have played a few guitars already but want to take in all my options before making a decision.

Thanking you all in advance smile.gif

rok

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jun 10 2010, 06:24 AM
GMC:er
tanglewood guitars are amazing! you can hardly ever find them in the US, if they ever are on US ebay, they get snatched soooooo fast

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
emirb
Jun 10 2010, 11:24 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
tanglewood is known as a poor mans taylor(martin?) guitar, should count for something smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 10 2010, 02:10 PM
The Dark Canuck
Thanks guys smile.gif I looked at their site last evening and they seem really nice, but looks are one thing sound is another. I noticed Marc that they are only recently being made available in North America. It will be a couple of weeks before I can get my hands on one to play and that will be the ultimate test for sure. I'll let you guys know how things went, I think the shop here is only bringing in low to mid price range but said they could order in if I wanted something a bit more expensive. We'll see how it goes... eyeing a very nice Takamine and a Fender as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 10 2010, 04:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
I think that it is absolutely neccesary to play an accoustic before you buy one - even more than with electric guitars!!
I have tried 200$ accoustics that I loved and i tried 2000$ ones that sounded like garbage... You already know how you want your accoustic to sound like in your head, all you have to to now is go to a store and try out guitars until you find what you like, regardless of brand and price!!!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 10 2010, 08:26 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Definitely in store test will be ultimate decision. I don't have much experience with that brand but from what I can read on internet they should be more then nice. Just remember to try as many guitars in store as you can so that you have a good comparison.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 11 2010, 07:51 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 10 2010, 04:26 PM) *
Definitely in store test will be ultimate decision. I don't have much experience with that brand but from what I can read on internet they should be more then nice. Just remember to try as many guitars in store as you can so that you have a good comparison.

My problem is I only have one guitar store here in town and they don't have a lot of acoustics in... also they are only stocking basically entry level guitars ATM since they just opened. I have to rely on when I can travel to get to another store. Like I said I've played a few already and there were a couple I really liked. I just never heard of Tanglewood before and wasn't sure what they were like. I've read a bit more about them and seen some reviews and they seem like pretty good guitars actually. This is going to be a long process I think, due to lack of availablity for me play different models.

wish me luck smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 12 2010, 05:15 PM
Instructor
Choosing acoustics is not that difficult IF you go frequently into stores and try a lot of them (this is one of my hobbys, guys at the shop hate me biggrin.gif ). After a while you will have pretty good idea what guitar has thin sound, rich sound, smooth sound, more bass, less bass, more dynamics...

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:35 AM