David Wallimann
Feb 15 2008, 04:55 AM
Instructor
Wow!
This guy is impressive!
Do you think it's real or sped up?

Youtube link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 15 2008, 05:11 AM
GMC:er
I think this one is the fastest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGjDdfT8Ppg...feature=related

tongue.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Feb 15 2008, 05:28 AM
It's fast but... it's pretty much the worst guitar playing I've ever heard (the fast part, I mean, the rest sounds alright.) biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Feb 15 2008, 05:29 AM

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Feb 15 2008, 05:35 AM
heres some fast pickin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Wbb8r8PUs&NR=1

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iron King
Feb 15 2008, 08:27 AM
well it sounded like crap but it was extremely fast...

that being said, everybody knows that the fastest guitarist alive is Skwisgaar Skwigelf

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 15 2008, 08:41 AM
Instructor
Those guys are really fast guitar players, but it's not the most important. I prefer having a good vibrato than being able to play 60 notes per second tongue.gif
Of course it's important have a good technique but not spend all time in technique wink.gif Music is not gym

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 15 2008, 09:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Feb 15 2008, 05:35 AM) *

Beside the fact that he is trying to do a world record, i think his invention to fuel is labtop with liquor is much more impressive .. smile.gif
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 15 2008, 10:08 AM
Instructor
This "fastest" playing is all cool but can any of those guys play something that makes sense and sounds good? I doubt that...

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 15 2008, 10:13 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Feb 15 2008, 08:41 AM) *
Those guys are really fast guitar players, but it's not the most important. I prefer having a good vibrato than being able to play 60 notes per second tongue.gif
Of course it's important have a good technique but not spend all time in technique wink.gif Music is not gym

Haha Juan, 60 notes per second .. that would be very very very fast...

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 15 2008, 10:15 AM
QUOTE (visi0n @ Feb 15 2008, 09:13 AM) *
Haha Juan, 60 notes per second .. that would be very very very fast...

I'd be happy if I could manage 6 notes per second biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Feb 15 2008, 10:17 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 15 2008, 10:41 PM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Feb 15 2008, 01:41 AM) *

Couldnt agree more man.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
stratman33
Feb 15 2008, 10:48 PM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Feb 14 2008, 11:35 PM) *

ya ive seen that before, pretty crazy blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 15 2008, 10:50 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
There becomes a point where something is fast to the point where all melody is lost and the notes blur, Michael Angelo Batio, Rusty Cooley, John Petrucci, Jason Becker, are some of the few people i know who have approached the 35-40 nps thing.

What makes these players so great is that they can not only maintain these speeds, but keep a melody going.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 15 2008, 10:52 PM
Get to da Chopper!
i wonder if this one is sped up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28abpbNwZlU...feature=related

...... dry.gif

Im not sure if theres any point of that speed- tho john petrucci finds many uses for speed biggrin.gif

- he plays way cleaner to, you can hear every note...this just sound like a blur

This post has been edited by DeepRoots: Feb 15 2008, 10:53 PM

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 15 2008, 11:12 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 15 2008, 10:52 PM) *
i wonder if this one is sped up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28abpbNwZlU...feature=related

...... dry.gif

Im not sure if theres any point of that speed- tho john petrucci finds many uses for speed biggrin.gif

- he plays way cleaner to, you can hear every note...this just sound like a blur

I can't believe I watched all of it. Sloppy as fook.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 15 2008, 11:21 PM
Hey guys, I stole the audio from the youtube video and slowed this guy down in reaper to about half the rate he was at, I had to notch it up a few semitones to get the audio to shine through.

I wouldnt say he was doing 60 nps, it all seems a bit random to me, no like super defined pattern, theres a bit of an idea and stronger sound on the high strings, he's really quite fast but I'd also say sloppy, but I'll let you all have a listen and make your own minds up.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  slowed.mp3 ( 1.59MB ) Number of downloads: 134

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 15 2008, 11:37 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I trust the guy with the clock and the liquor just because he's got a clock... and liquor.

+Quote Post
bsamn
Feb 16 2008, 12:19 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 15 2008, 11:37 PM) *
I trust the guy with the clock and the liquor just because he's got a clock... and liquor.

laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Feb 16 2008, 01:01 AM

My first impression of him was "if I showed that to someone unfamiliar with shred, and said this guy was just making a joke video, he can't play guitar at all, I expect they would believe it".

I knew it was crap, I can tell easily, but just for kicks, I cleaned it up a bit (the hum) and slowed it down to 20% of his recorded speed.

I have two observations:

1) It is garbage, just listen. And yes, if you listen to someone really good like Gilbert or Batio slowed down, they still sound musical, clean. Even listen to Muris in his Gilbert 2 lesson, which is at 150bpm. Slowed down, you hear he is still precise with his note groups. This guy just is playing garbage, but it is like a V8 engine that has some screwed up cylinders. If you rev it fast enough, you can't hear the garbage distinctly anymore, it is going to fast.

2) Even then, if you listen, it does not sound very fast here. Now according to him it should be over 10 notes per second, which is like 150bpm 16th notes, which is pretty fast. But he sounds slow at 20%, much slower. Why? He is not hitting all those notes, just some of them, most he just passes over, only a fraction of them sound out.

What amazes me, is how anyone can be impressed with this. But I figure, the universe has hundreds of billions of galaxies, each with hundreds of billions of stars, and it is 15 billion years old, and heck, according to M theory there may be an infinite number of universes, so one has to figure in all that time and space, sentient beings can think quite a few things that I find hard to understand.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  fastCrapSlowedDown_20pct.mp3 ( 1.16MB ) Number of downloads: 114

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 16 2008, 01:11 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
+1 fkalich. Also as Warhol had it everyone now gets there 15 minutes. Everyone - regardless of ability, talent, effort rolleyes.gif .

'Come the day, come the hour
Come the power and the Glory...'

Sadly no longer - we all get our 15...

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:19 AM