Two New Guitars
vikingraider1
Jul 7 2008, 07:36 PM
GMC:er
I've been doing some wheeling and dealing and I've bought myself two new guitars. AWashburn Idol and a Schecter C-1 Stealth.

The Schecter C-1 Stealth is a very nice guitar and is very similar to my Schecter C-1 Blackjack except that it has a Seymour Duncan Distortion pickup in the neck. I've strung it with baritone strings and tuned it down to D and its really sounds the business, great for heavy riffing.

The Washburn is absolutely amazing for the price. Its all mahogany, with Seymour Duncan Custom Custom and '59 pickups. Its got Grover tuners and is finished in matt black paint which not only makes the neck really fast, it also looks good. Its light as a feather and has great sustain and sounds similar to a Gibson SG. In fact it also looks and feels like an SG too. I'd never really bothered with Washburn until I bought this guitar and I'm really glad that I did. I'm gigging it for the first time this Saturday.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Washburn USA Custom Shop Idol, Washburn WI65 Idol, Washburn WI64 Idol, Schecter C-1 Exotic, Schecter C-1 Stealth, Washburn WI66ANC Nick Catanese Signature, 1980s Burny Les Paul, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Peavey 5150 MKI Combo, Marshall DSL 201, Morely Mark Tremonti Wah, Decimater Noise Gate, Zoom G2 1.u, Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster,
Basses:
Fender Jazz Bass, Fender Precision, Warwick Corvette 5 String
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 7 2008, 07:43 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Nice guitars! I think that Washburn especially is good bang for the buck, but 59's huh`, the version I've seen comes with EMG 81/85 and it's only a tad more expensive than the Zakk Wylde EMG set and that's the main reason I've been browsing it. For the pickups.

EDIT: I checked the Washburn homepage and there's a big load of guitars so I guess only a few were brought to the swedish market.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jul 7 2008, 07:50 PM

+Quote Post
vikingraider1
Jul 7 2008, 07:47 PM
GMC:er
I've got an ESP LTD EX-400 with EMGs and really wanted to try out the Seymour Duncan Custom Custom pickups which I'm glad to say are really sweet sounding.

--------------------
My Gear
Washburn USA Custom Shop Idol, Washburn WI65 Idol, Washburn WI64 Idol, Schecter C-1 Exotic, Schecter C-1 Stealth, Washburn WI66ANC Nick Catanese Signature, 1980s Burny Les Paul, Peavey Wolfgang Standard, Peavey 5150 MKI Combo, Marshall DSL 201, Morely Mark Tremonti Wah, Decimater Noise Gate, Zoom G2 1.u, Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster,
Basses:
Fender Jazz Bass, Fender Precision, Warwick Corvette 5 String

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 7 2008, 08:53 PM
Instructor
Mean guitars mate, congratulations smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:45 AM