How Much Did Technology Helped Youq, in learning to play
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 29 2011, 10:01 AM
Instructor
Today, technology and gear is everywhere.. Industry is so developed, you can be sure to find anything you want, and then some. So many gadgets, so many functions..

So I wanted to ask you guys, did you ever feel that there is too much gear available, that is becoming consumerism?

How much did technology actually helped you in developing your playing?
or another similar question: How much did it make it harder for you?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 29 2011, 02:50 PM
Instructor
Good question Ivan smile.gif

Having such huge choice of gear can make it difficult to narrow down your search for your personal sound.. but variety can only be a good thing. As for actual playing itself, I definitely think it's been a benefit to me as I've been able to pick up loads of licks much easier on the internet. And not only that, just having Youtube at our fingertips means we can search up any guitarist for reference, if we want to figure out a lick or just look at how they do something etc smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 29 2011, 03:25 PM
GMC:er
I have to agree with Ben here. Technology has been a major miracle for me and for artists/musicians in general IMHO. This web site is a good example of technology bringing folks together to learn/share/play music. The "Web" itself Is the culmination of the "Basic Research" funded by the United States Military that became "DARPA NET" which later became the Internet. On top of that layer, you have Tim Berners Lee from C.E.R.N (Particle Physics Lab in Geneva) who single handedly invented the first Web Server and the first Web Browser. Put those things together, and you have what we call "The Web".

From there, we move to Streaming Video/Audio, etc. and bingo! Guitar Instructors from all over planet Earth together in one spot sharing the gift of music smile.gif Brilliant.

On a personal level, technology was of enormous help. The democratization of recording gear due to the rise of the personal computer and the resulting elimination of the Barrier To Entry that used to exist between musicians and being able to record/distribute/promote their music, is simply gone.

God Bless the World Wide Web smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 29 2011, 03:25 PM

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 29 2011, 04:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Yup, I gotta agree with Ben as well. There are so many choices out there. I want a room full of equipment (amps, guitars, pedals, etc.) I'd be in there for weeks, just let me rent it out, I'll be there trying out gear to find what I like. Hahaha It's overwhelming, but it's cool nonetheless. Before I joined GMC, I used YouTube for my teachings. I still do, but not as much since I have GMC. smile.gif I can instantly Google something too.

But yes, I'd say that all the choices could become an overwhelming hindrance, in a way.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:32 AM