2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Boson's January Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Jan 3 2010, 10:09 PM
Instructor
Hi Tony,

We are continuing with our MTP in January where we left of in December. I hope you had good celebration for new years and extra couple days of, now we are starting with some work. Your 1st assignment will be based on Triads lesson but this time you will do 2nd part of series.

1st assignment and REC :

- Triads in C major scale part 2

- Record video of Triads in C major scale part 2 lesson found HERE
- Use backing track provided in the thread when recording it.
- Try to apply left hand fingerings I applied but stick to right hand fingerings all the way.
- Upload video on Youtube and post it in this thread here.
- When you are done with video, post it in REC part of forum for grading!

Deadline for this assignment is January 10th.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  120bpm_main.mp3 ( 1.1MB ) Number of downloads: 147

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 3 2010, 10:59 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Pedja

Did a quick take of the triads part 2, really suprised at how much easier this was to learn than the first set.

Not quite ready for the REC yet but should be there in a day or two.

Any advice you can give at this stage would be helpful.

I used the piezo pickup on my Brian Moore guitar for this recording, it seemed to fit the piece.

Attached File  triads2_take_1mp3.mp3 ( 899.01K ) Number of downloads: 176

Cheers.

Tony

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 3 2010, 11:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Boson @ Jan 3 2010, 10:59 PM) *
Hi Pedja

Did a quick take of the triads part 2, really suprised at how much easier this was to learn than the first set.

Not quite ready for the REC yet but should be there in a day or two.

Any advice you can give at this stage would be helpful.

I used the piezo pickup on my Brian Moore guitar for this recording, it seemed to fit the piece.

Attached File  triads2_take_1mp3.mp3 ( 899.01K ) Number of downloads: 176

Cheers.

Tony

Hi Tony

This is already coming along I am very happy to hear that. Your fingers already gained more independence from part 1 lesson , this one is naturally going to be easier and so will be the one after I am sure smile.gif
Regarding some things you could improve, number one is playing in time. You always come right before the click, make sure you are more in sync with the actual backing track. You could try playing with actual lesson to get the correct feel in your ears for it. Another useful thing to do is to hold chords longer, make them ring as much as possible try not to cut them off. This is actually what makes the changing in time difficult - holding chords for full value and then just before the next one enters you lift your fingers and go to it!

Let me know if there are more questions, this is definitely going to be good one!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 3 2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks Pedja

That is good advice, I will do my best to follow it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 10 2010, 01:37 PM
Hi Pedja

Quick update, I tried to do REC video yesterday but my computer died! The sound on my laptop has also decided to give up so I am struggling!

Hopefully I will be able to get it done tomorrow when I sort out the computer. The problem is that it wont boot up properly.

Sorry, I should have done it earlier!

Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 10 2010, 04:02 PM
Instructor
No problem Tony. Sort out the computer problem and then get to it. Since this assignment covers 2 things at once we can extend it by couple days. Let me know how situation develops!

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Jan 10 2010, 04:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 12 2010, 12:04 AM
Well computer is now working again! This has meant a reformat and complete reinstall but lost lots of files!

Should be back on track very soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 13 2010, 03:39 PM
Instructor
That is good news Tony. Let me know how the recording is coming. I will wait with more assignments for you, lets finish the 1st one right now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 13 2010, 11:40 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 13 2010, 03:39 PM) *
That is good news Tony. Let me know how the recording is coming. I will wait with more assignments for you, lets finish the 1st one right now.

Sorry Pedja I spoke to soon. Computer problem is still with me! Each time I switch the computer off I loose all data. I then have to reformat and reinstall everything!

I am going to buy a new computer on Sat so if I dont manage a rec take by then I will definately do one at the weekend. Very frustrating!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 14 2010, 01:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Boson @ Jan 13 2010, 11:40 PM) *
Sorry Pedja I spoke to soon. Computer problem is still with me! Each time I switch the computer off I loose all data. I then have to reformat and reinstall everything!

I am going to buy a new computer on Sat so if I dont manage a rec take by then I will definately do one at the weekend. Very frustrating!!

Sorry to hear this Tony. I will post some theory related work for you while you get the computer sorted out for your 2nd assignment.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 14 2010, 01:36 AM
Instructor
Tony we continue with your 2nd assignment for January. This assignment is sort of like an essay or written theory behind your current level of knowledge. This will help me totally understand where you are at right now. I will give you couple of topics from which you can choose one (or more if you want to!) and write me as many things as possible about it. The deadline for this assignment is 17th of January. Here are the topics for your 2nd assignment :

1) Tell me everything you know about major scale. Construction, intervals, harmony and everything else you feel I need to know.
2) Tell me everything you know about cadences in major scale and its modes. Use C major scale for explanations.
3) Tell me everything you know about major scale modes?
4) Tell me everything you know about modal harmony?
5) Tell me everything you know about pentatonic scales?
6) Tell me everything you know about chord tone and tension relationship with harmony ?
7) Tell me everything you know about natural/harmonic/melodic minor scale harmony?
8) Tell me everything you know about natural/harmonic/melodic minor modes and harmony?

Remember, pick one (or more if you can do it by deadline) and write me as much as possible on given subject. I want to read and understand how you approach and understand given material.
Deadline for this assignment is 3 days from now, 17th of January. Let me know if you have any questions!

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 14 2010, 10:43 PM
Hi Pedja

REC take is done, not perfect but hopefully shwing some prgress. If not please feel free to say so.

On to the essays!

Hope you are well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 14 2010, 11:14 PM
Instructor
Hi Tony,

Do you mind posting Youtube link here as well so I could check it out? Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 14 2010, 11:23 PM
Sure,here it is,hope it works

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 14 2010, 11:26 PM
Instructor
This is much better then previous lesson Tony. Way better really. I would give 8 to this but its strong 8 very easily turning into 9. There are some timing problems on last two string sets and the dynamics there were not the same as with the other voicings. Overall this is definitely above passing grade material, good work man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 14 2010, 11:35 PM
Thanks Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 14 2010, 11:54 PM
Instructor
Any time Tony. I look forward to your 2nd assignment work. Hope computer is OK now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 15 2010, 11:53 AM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 14 2010, 11:54 PM) *
Any time Tony. I look forward to your 2nd assignment work. Hope computer is OK now smile.gif

Computer is dead! Getting a new one tomorrow!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 15 2010, 12:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Boson @ Jan 15 2010, 11:53 AM) *
Computer is dead! Getting a new one tomorrow!

Maybe its for the best, good luck with the new one smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 16 2010, 04:04 PM
Hi Pedja

I have just been doing a little reading and work on my "essay".

Being a scientist I am looking for the logic behind note and interval names. I understand that "perfect" intervals have simple ratios between the frequencies or pitch of the two notes. For example a perfect 4th has the ratio 3:4 and a perfect 5th is 2:3.

I cannot find any similar information for intervals that are classed as major or minor. Is there a relationship such as this or is there some other reason.

Sorry if this is a dumb question I am just looking for some logic to the names that are applied.

Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:07 AM