Real Guitar Combo Vs Virtual Amp + Studio Monitors?
JohnMathew
Nov 17 2020, 04:00 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

I am thinking about renewing some of my gear. I have an old valvestate 100 that is almost dying and was wondering what would be better, buy another combo amp or just go for Studio monitors with a Virtual amp (Stltone in my case).

What do you think guys? Experiences?

P.D. I do not play stage and it is not a problem to plug into my interface instead of my real amp.

Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 17 2020, 04:13 PM
Will you be 'recording' this amp?
If so, a small combo (or head and cab) is a great addition to any recording setup. A mic'd amp can breathe a lot of life into tracks that are primarily ITB.
Almost every amp company currently makes a 5 watt (or even less) amp that you can crank up and is still quiet enough to talk over.

If you'll only use it for practicing and you don't mind plugging into an interface and a computer, then no. Spend your money on more amp sims.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 17 2020, 04:52 PM
Some find it demotivating to turn on a computer, speakers and then an amp sim... For any practice needs yeah software is enough when you have a home studio but rest is personal. There's also the fact that an amp has its fun moments as I though rare open mine for fun.

For amp suggestion, go Katana (if you're into marshall-ish tones). I have a friend who's selling his amp collection, he's only keeping the Katana smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:11 PM