Boss Gt100, is it good ?
fzalfa
Jul 20 2015, 11:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi

i have buyed a boss gt100 , to replace all my mess (computer, FA-66 + guitar rig)

i do a try during some weeks, to see if i prefere it than my previous config.

what is your advices about this multi effet board ? good ? bad ?

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 20 2015, 11:23 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jul 20 2015, 10:03 PM) *

Congrats! smile.gif

Never used the unit, the only negative things I read about boss processors in general is that the menu's can be complicated for some. I don't expect it to be so hard for you since you're experienced but do keep the manual around as it probably offers as much or even more than Guitar rig.

As for using it as a soundcard, I'd expect your fa-66 would have lesser latency and provide recordings better than 44.1khz but this is pure technical side of the story. So if you find youself working faster with it then no problem.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jul 20 2015, 11:56 PM
Learning Roadie
hi

in fact of latency, i can go down to 8ms for the GT100 and 11ms with the FA (at 48000)

i can combine both , in this idea , the main goal is to have a mobile config to play ouside, i plan to play with people now, so i cannot move aways with laptop, fa66, bulb preamp etc.... too much stuff to move.

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 21 2015, 12:09 AM
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jul 20 2015, 10:56 PM) *
i plan to play with people now,

That was the exact reason why I bought my processor many many years ago (and still have it!) smile.gif

The gt100's latency is good but I'd expect a firewire soundcard to be much faster, you could check if there are any updates for that soundcard when you have the time.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 21 2015, 12:10 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jul 21 2015, 12:16 AM
Learning Roadie
i do not have upgrade for the FA-66, only the lastest drivers intalled.

seem to sound good this GT, but need to learn how to use it.....

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jul 23 2015, 07:39 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
The gt100 and 500x are very similar. I've heard that a lot of people like the boss modeling a little better, but some like the line 6, it's kind of a toss up. The reason why I chose the line 6 is very simple, I like the pods foot switches better, I think there that close that something so simple would make up my mind.

PS. THE BOSS is missing a connection that the line 6 has. Can't remember what is was but you can see for yourself when you do a comparison of the I/O

This post has been edited by dcz702: Jul 23 2015, 07:42 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 24 2015, 04:56 AM
Very nice unit smile.gif Especially for FX. IT's like you bought every boss stomp box ever made and stuffed it on one pedal board which is great smile.gif Does really well on clean/mid gain/rock gain sounds. It doesn't really "DJENT" but that's not your playing style so it's probably perfect for you as it's like guitar rig in a box! Very flexible and with expression pedal!

If you outgrow the amp models at some point, you can a nice tube amp and use the FOUR CABLE METHOD and use the gt100 as a pedal board for fx. It really does make an amazing replacement for hundreds of pedals!!

quote name='fzalfa' date='Jul 20 2015, 06:03 PM' post='715548']
Hi

i have buyed a boss gt100 , to replace all my mess (computer, FA-66 + guitar rig)

i do a try during some weeks, to see if i prefere it than my previous config.

what is your advices about this multi effet board ? good ? bad ?

Laurent
[/quote]

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 24 2015, 05:03 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:00 PM