Best Megadeth Line Up?
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 4 2010, 12:33 PM
GMC Founder
One of my favorite metal bands for sure!

I liked them the most when they had the "Marty" line up:
Dave Mustaine (Vocals), Dave Ellefson ( Bass), Marty Friedman (Guitar), Nick Menza (Drums),

But then I think Chris Poland has done some awesome stuff with the band as well.

Don't miss today's awesome Marty lesson by Zsolt!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Karl-ss
Nov 4 2010, 02:30 PM
GMC:er
The Marty lineup is awesome but I reeeally like the most recent incarnation of the band.
Dave Mustaine (Guitar/vocals), Dave Ellefson (Bass), Chris Broderick (Lead guitar), Shawn Drover (Drums)

I know the Rust In Peace era created some of their greatest songs. But Broderick is just such a insane guitarist.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Nov 5 2010, 07:44 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Agree with you, Kris, that's my favorite lineup, too! Broderick is awesome, but can't reach the heights of Marty, since he's an alien biggrin.gif Just listen to his solos on every Megadeth song.... XD

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
newguyatgmc
Nov 5 2010, 08:14 PM
GMC:er
+1 for Marty Line up....

But, I really like this guy Chris Broderick...he makes me not miss marty because he nails every marty solo in live gigs....I have seen him live ..he plays all the songs the way they are supposed to be played

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 11 2010, 07:28 PM
Instructor
Excellent topic Kris.. as always you know how to get us scratching our heads !!!

I'd have to agree and say the Marty / Menza era ! But the Peace Sells lineup comes a very close second. Poland is incredible and Gar Samuelson is the best drummer they ever had in my humble opinion. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 14 2010, 06:41 PM
Instructor
I also think they were awesome in that line up. First album that this line up produced was RIP, this explains it. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:08 PM