3.4 Collab Final Mix
Siggum
Aug 26 2008, 11:11 PM
GMC:er
First of all i wanna thank everyone who participated in my first collab, it was a pleasure listening to all of your takes, and i certainly didnt expect this many entries smile.gif

Because of the ammount of takes the comments will be relatively short. Also keep in mind that i am no master or expert on guitar, theese are just my personal view on your takes and i might not know how long everyone of you has been playing.

Due to the length of the track, ive written the time of your solo, just in case your too lazy to liste to the whole track to get to your take tongue.gif

Sorry for the massive file size, its worth downloading though smile.gif

number of participants : 24

Here is the final mix : Attached File  3.4_Collab_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 38MB ) Number of downloads: 473

Smells
0.0-0.43

Your tone and phrasing is great and i love the arpeggiatted run near the end. I also think its great the way you build the solo slow in the beginning and add more power and notes later to make it rise with the track.

Tjchep

0.43-1.23

Nice take man, The start of solo is not as dedicated as the end where you really seem to know what to play. I've always said that you have a great vibrato, and i like the way you used it here, not too much but you spiced it up in the end wich sounds great.

Muris

1.23-2.06

Beautifull take Muris, i love the phrasing and the melodic runs,they fit the track perfectly. The "whale" like sound is a great touch as well and adds diversity to the solo, just brilliant smile.gif

Wrk

2.06-2.46

I love the first riff you make, very strong and dedicated, also you played one of the most beautifull runs in this collab, with the bend just before the second part of the track. Overall a great solo, with nice phrasing and note choice.

Andrew C.

2.46-3.26

Great solo as well, i love the long note in the beginning, and the way you attack the string to make it more powerfull is great. Great arpeggiated run in the middle as well, adds diversity. I love the way you end the solo as well, very convincing.

USAMAN

3.26-4.08

Very interresting take here, the run you make in the beginning sounds very original and is easy recognizable, something happens with your sound after that, im not sure if its on purpose or not but somehow it still sounds good, overall a great solo.

Caelumamittendum

4.08-4.50

Nice take Cael, i like licks in the beginning, your phrasing is great as well, perhabs your not 100% sure what to play in the second part of the solo but nothing wrong with that, its still a great take. PS. thanks for uploading a video take as well, was fun smile.gif

Iluha

4.50-5.25

Great solo Iluha, you seemed to have many nice ideas here, excellent note choice as well, and the whole solo is well connected from A to B, also you phrased very melodically, wich s great offcourse.

Skennington

5.25-6.08

Smooth tone you used here, works pretty good for this track. I would say you shouldnt be afraid to try and use some vibration here and there, but considering how long you have played i think its a very nice solo, you bend alittle as well, and you make some nice melodic runs.

Bali

6.08-6.50.

Crazy introduction riff, very powerfull but original at the same time. Perhabs your tone is a little sharp, but somehow it fits the way you play. Very interrestering phrasing as well, good job.

Kyldee

6.50-7.31

Very mellow introduction, wich sounds great also your tone is alot more fitting now than in your first takes, i would work alittle but on trying to bend and vibrate to connect your ideas, you hit a wrong note in the end, but its no big deal smile.gif good job overall.

Nemanja

7.31-8.13

It's always a pleasure to listen to your ideas and takes Nemanja, this is great as well i especially like the part where you sing " in this world" it has a very strong effect, perhabs a different melody to line up to the finish could have been used, but thats just a preference, great take mate smile.gif

Bubbalicious

8.13-8.52

Fun little riff in the intro here, however your tone is a little thin, i think it could benefit from a bit of distortion and delay. Your phrasing is pretty good though and i think it would sound even better if you let some of the notes ring out more, to make them breathe.

Henry Dietzel

8.52-9.33

Great take Henry, i love your original ideas, and your excellent rhythmic phrasing. Also your note choice is becoming a trademark of yours by now i think smile.gif, i really like the way you build up the solo near the end with the fast runs, sounds awsome.

Vasilis

9.33-10.14

Really odd intro you make here, but its very catchy at the same time, going a bit out of tune on purpose, very original. Great rhythmic phrasing and note choice as well, i like the build up to the end is very nice as well, but the ending riff itself is a little weak, overall a great take though.

Coffeeman

10.14-10.57

Beautifull take man, your note choice is very good and fits this track perfectly.I like your tone too, your arpeggio run wasnt too strong, but this was overall a great solo with loads of "feel" in it.

Velvet Roger

10.57-11.35

Very soft and mellow introduction, perhabs your tone could use alittle more middle and treble. Some more vibrato at the end of the notes would probably do you good here. Nice melodic runs though, especially in the beginning of the second part of the track you came up with a nice riff, good job.

Dexxter

11.35-12.16

Great solo Dexxter, i like the way you slowly build it up, and then add more in the second part. Some nice rhythmic phrasings ideas here as well, perhabs you could work alittle on

your tone to make it smoother, either by some chorus, or some delay. Great job overall.

Kjutte

12.16-12.55

Awsome solo Kjutte, loads of feeling here very nice. Also i love the way you make the guitar scream, its a bit sad that the last part faded too quick, but untill then you've played a brilliant solo, great job.

Wollace

12.55-13.39

Very smooth intro you played here, i like that idea very much, great use of effect, you bend a bit too high on one of thoose notes, however its no big deal.The rest of the solo is pretty solid, good job overall.

Scorpiotic.

13.39-14.19

I think you got some good ideas, but are still a bit unsure on how to excecute them. First i think you should try and hold the notes a bit longer, to tie them together more smoothly, secondly your tone itself could some delay, distortion or even reverb to make it come more alive. The note choice however is pretty good, and like i mentioned in the beginning, its a matter of time because you can express your ideas better.

Kaznie

14.19-15.00

Your progressing alot Kaznie, you came along way since your first collab takes. I like your tone here, and you hit some pretty nice melodies as well, in the second part you seemed to be more focused on what to play and it sounded more dedicated than the first part. Good job overall.

Superize

15.00-15.41

Great introduction, you seem to be very confident in your playing here, and your making some nice little melodic riffs here and there, you were abit more unsecure in the second part of the track, but thats allright i think you did a great job, i know its not the kind of genre you would normally play too.

Patrik Jezierski

15.41- end of track.

What a way to end this collab, this was one of the most powerfull takes. Outstanding phrasing here Patrick,and great control over the instrument. You made some brilliant melodic runs during the last part, awsome tone as well fits this track perfectly. Got Nothing to critize here smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Siggum   3.4 Collab Final Mix   Aug 26 2008, 11:11 PM
- - Bogdan Radovic   Congrats everybody , this was a pleasure to listen...   Aug 26 2008, 11:19 PM
- - wrk   Wao Siggum ... you did an awesome job with this co...   Aug 26 2008, 11:41 PM
- - Dexxter   Good job everyone. Very nice. And thanks for the ...   Aug 26 2008, 11:42 PM
- - Smells   wow huge file! but your right was well worth...   Aug 26 2008, 11:53 PM
- - skennington   Got a few minutes to comment while downloading... ...   Aug 27 2008, 12:09 AM
|- - Andrew Cockburn   Wow, excellent collab everyone! I found this t...   Aug 27 2008, 12:42 AM
|- - Henry Dietzel   QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 26 2008, 07...   Aug 27 2008, 02:50 AM
|- - Velvet Roger   Thanks Siggum for the mixing and the comments, rea...   Aug 27 2008, 07:00 AM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Tjchep   Great collab everyone! Thanks for comments.   Aug 27 2008, 01:37 AM
- - Iluha   Wow, what an incredible collab this turned up... s...   Aug 27 2008, 07:51 AM
- - superize   Thanks for the comment. The last part of the solo ...   Aug 27 2008, 08:52 AM
- - Patrik Jezierski   This was a very powerful collab. Everybody did a r...   Aug 27 2008, 08:56 AM
- - wollace03   thanx to all and especially a special thanx to sig...   Aug 27 2008, 09:30 AM
- - DeepRoots   Awesome collab- great takes everyone My take s...   Aug 27 2008, 09:42 AM
|- - Siggum   QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Aug 27 2008, 10:42 AM)...   Aug 27 2008, 10:12 AM
|- - DeepRoots   QUOTE (Siggum @ Aug 27 2008, 10:12 AM) Up...   Aug 27 2008, 10:38 AM
|- - Siggum   QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Aug 27 2008, 11:38 AM)...   Aug 27 2008, 12:33 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
- - Ivan Milenkovic   Awesome job Siggum, 24 is a lot to mix Great job ...   Aug 27 2008, 10:30 AM
- - kyldeee   Great job on mixing Siggum And thanks for the com...   Aug 27 2008, 12:47 PM
|- - Muris Varajic   Great takes and awesome backing to play over Siggu...   Aug 27 2008, 12:51 PM
nnn
- - Daniel Robinson   Wow, This collab is impressive. I must say that a...   Aug 27 2008, 01:02 PM
- - coffeeman   Awesome collab, Siggum and everyone.   Aug 27 2008, 02:44 PM
- - kaznie_NL   Thnx for your comments and the BT Siggum!   Aug 27 2008, 03:58 PM
- - Kristofer Dahl   WOW this was very tasty - and Sigggum you are the ...   Aug 27 2008, 03:59 PM
- - Bali   Excellent collab everyone!! Great takes an...   Aug 27 2008, 05:19 PM
- - Vasilis   Good job everyone   Aug 27 2008, 05:24 PM
- - kjutte   Thanks for the kind words. I faded it because I mi...   Aug 27 2008, 05:27 PM
- - ItsMe   wow, just great guys   Aug 27 2008, 05:29 PM
- - Siggum   Thanks guys, was a pleasure to mix   Aug 28 2008, 07:10 PM
- - Juan M. Valero   Well, I just want to comment that is an amazing co...   Aug 28 2008, 08:08 PM
|- - wrk   QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 28 2008, 09:0...   Aug 29 2008, 07:05 AM
nnn
- - Lian Gerbino   awesome takes!!! congrats everybody...   Aug 28 2008, 08:09 PM
- - Smells   QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 28 2008, 08:0...   Aug 29 2008, 11:37 AM
- - Juan M. Valero   QUOTE (Smells @ Aug 29 2008, 12:37 PM) Th...   Aug 29 2008, 01:24 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:51 AM