3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Death - Human
FretDancer69
Dec 28 2007, 02:03 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Dec 27 2007, 06:23 PM) *
Cause of the vocals, right? I found that the more you listen to vocals like that the more you will aquire a taste for them. Several months ago I couldn't stand any screaming or growling, but now I really love it. Still can't take the sensless yelling that lots of hardcore bands use, though...

yeah, cause of the vocals. and Guess what, i just checked the link provided by Uncreator to check out the song and i just couldn't stand the vocals, i had to close the window sad.gif

I see what you mean, but im not sure if i want to get used to them ... unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 28 2007, 03:39 AM
Thats how I felt at first, I mean they seriously made me want to put a bullet through my head. laugh.gif But I think it really just clicked with me a couple weeks ago when I heard a Nile song. Get used to them dude; your missing out on a ton of awesome music if you don't biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 28 2007, 03:46 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I remember when i went through this stage, when i first heard Death metal about 5 or 6 years ago, my first thought was "I WISH I WAS DEAD!!!"

But seriously, after listening to it for awhile, you begin to realize why it is so good, why people love it so much, just give it a try.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 28 2007, 03:50 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 27 2007, 08:46 PM) *
I remember when i went through this stage, when i first heard Death metal about 5 or 6 years ago, my first thought was "I WISH I WAS DEAD!!!"

But seriously, after listening to it for awhile, you begin to realize why it is so good, why people love it so much, just give it a try.

yeah i mean, i know some got really awesome riff and kickass solos but the vocals drive me crazy!! sad.gif I hope i can get used to it... or how about Instrumental Death Metal tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 28 2007, 04:09 AM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Dec 27 2007, 06:23 PM) *
Cause of the vocals, right? I found that the more you listen to vocals like that the more you will aquire a taste for them. Several months ago I couldn't stand any screaming or growling, but now I really love it. Still can't take the sensless yelling that lots of hardcore bands use, though...

I guess I could develop also develop a taste for cat vomit if I worked on it. I know my dog considers it delicious.

maybe its just me, but listening to some guys spout sophomoric lyrics about how depressing life is, in a harsh growl, is not my cup of tea. Perhaps a frontal lobotomy would help me understand.

The guitar of some of these bands can really be decent. I will grant that.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 28 2007, 04:32 AM
Are you talking about Death Metal or Hardcore?

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 28 2007, 04:43 AM
^^ Sounds like someone got confused on whats "hardcore" (trendy music of today) and death metal.

For the people that doesn't like death metal, its really understandable. Most people never liked it at first. Its an extreme form of music. Best thing to do is to try and get used to the vocals by finding a band you like musically. If that never happened then move along to another genre.

Death is actually the easiest band to start out in death metal because Chuck's voice is not really deep like Erik Lindmark (Deeds Of Flesh) or Frank Mullen (Suffocation) or even Corpesgrinder (Cannibal Corpse).

This post has been edited by VinceG: Dec 28 2007, 04:45 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 28 2007, 04:45 AM
Opeth seems to be the band of choice for people to ease themselves into nowadays, i think thats a good place to start because Mikael Akerfeldt mixes clean vocals as well wink.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 28 2007, 04:47 AM
Yea, I could agree with Opeth. Now that I think about it, Opeth has been getting some fresh fans for the last year or two. I've been seeing them being mentioned more and more on some non metal forums.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Dec 28 2007, 04:48 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Dec 28 2007, 02:08 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Dec 27 2007, 09:43 PM) *
^^ Sounds like someone got confused on whats "hardcore" (trendy music of today) and death metal.

Oh, I thought that hardcore was the stuff where they just scream the entire time. Not in a death metal way, where you can still understand it, or at least I can most of the time; but just senslessly screaming, with no rhyme or reason. Could you please tell me wat genres I have mixed up biggrin.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 28 2007, 02:15 PM
What people call "Hardcore" now, with the senseless screaming shouldnt really rightfully be called Hardcore.

The term Hardcore goes back to the late 70's, im gonna say 1976, because thats when Black Flag formed (or atleast i think it is), when bands like Black Flag, Minor Threat, and Bad Brains formed to create Hardcore Punk, which later became just "Hardcore".

Thats what Hardcore really is, or atleast to me.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 30 2007, 07:49 AM
Yep, Hardcore Punks rising fame was in the late 70's early 80's. Bands like MDC, Wasted Youth, The Exploited etc. Yes on most things, Hardcore does sound like nonsense yelling but it suites the music right for the angsty Reagan's youth of the 80's. It has that play as fast as you can kind of attitude that prolonged the birth of crossover and thrash.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 3 2008, 03:10 PM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Dec 28 2007, 02:50 AM) *
yeah i mean, i know some got really awesome riff and kickass solos but the vocals drive me crazy!! sad.gif I hope i can get used to it... or how about Instrumental Death Metal tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Enjoy instrumental Death Metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BUuskF7sYg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgTS8_F74Xk

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 3 2008, 04:08 PM
Voice of the soul is too beautiful! smile.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 3 2008, 09:26 PM
Heres an instrumental tech death band. Sleep Terror

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...riendID=5102355

This post has been edited by VinceG: Jan 3 2008, 09:26 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 3 2008, 10:08 PM
Sleep Terror is good, awesome riffs and some mindblowing solo's!

+Quote Post
Owen
Jan 4 2008, 12:23 AM
Instrumental death metal?

Thats no good!

No!

What we really want is that throat scraping, larynx wrenching, grinding growl from the bowels of hell!

Yes!

So we can cram our selfs into tin can sized spaces and flail our head and arms wildly, so what about the RSI, so what about that litre of Guiness you just drank, so what about the vocalists churning repitoire of satanic screeches! We live for the violence of the pit, the stench of body odour as we slam ourselves together in the wall of death as the music comes crashing down on our very souls!

Or alternatively you could just take a chill pill and listen to some of the blluuuues brother.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 4 2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah, instrumental metal does sound kind of boring....

Like those smileys, Owen tongue.gif

--------------------

Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Ibanez RG2550e

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 4 2008, 12:28 AM
Owen you baffle me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Owen
Jan 4 2008, 12:33 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 3 2008, 03:28 PM) *
Owen you baffle me laugh.gif

Glad I did, I had so much fun writing it. laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:00 PM