Alternate Picking 16th Triplets
Quattroste
Mar 26 2008, 03:32 PM
GMC:er
Hi All,

I am currently doing the Beginner Solo in D lesson and I have the first part OK but once I get to the Alternate picking 16th triplets I just can't move my fingers fast enough.

How do you get your fingers to move this fast. Is there an exercise? I have been using a metronome but at this rate it'll be 2010 before I can manage the necessary speed. One other thing is that I am 37 so am I trying to do this at a bit of a late stage in life?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

QS.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Bacchus 04G Studio QM : Tokai LS200 and ES100 : Patrick Eggle Berlin : Washburn Acoustic.

Amps:
Mesa Boogie LSS 1 x 12 combo : Roland Cube 30 : Mongo 2 x 10 Cab

Effects:
TC Electroinic G-Major : Vox Big Ben Overdrive : Vox Wah : Akai Headrush.

Pity I'm so crap.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 26 2008, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Quattroste @ Mar 26 2008, 03:32 PM) *
Hi All,

I am currently doing the Beginner Solo in D lesson and I have the first part OK but once I get to the Alternate picking 16th triplets I just can't move my fingers fast enough.

How do you get your fingers to move this fast. Is there an exercise? I have been using a metronome but at this rate it'll be 2010 before I can manage the necessary speed. One other thing is that I am 37 so am I trying to do this at a bit of a late stage in life?

QS.

Practse it slow with a metronome and build speed a little at the time and eventually you can play it at full speed but dont ruch it and make sure yo are playing it clean

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 26 2008, 03:44 PM
your not trying it at a too late stage of your life... it just takes time, but if it takes till 2010 my bet would go you practiced something wrong

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 26 2008, 03:45 PM
QUOTE (Quattroste @ Mar 26 2008, 03:32 PM) *
Hi All,

QS.

Well, there are many exercises you can do...

Practicing this exercise really helps your Alternate picking and fingering

*the Dark note is the note on which the metronome click comes

E|----------------------------------------------------1--2--3--2--3-4----------------------------
B|------------------------------------------1--2--3-----------------------2--3--4----------------
G|--------------------------------1--2--3-------------------------------------------2--3--4-----
D|----------------------1--2--3------------------------------------------------------------------etc
A|------------1--2--3-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
E|--1--2--3----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead of 1--2--3 you also need to practice 1--3--4 / 1--2--4 / 1--3--5

I can make up endless exercises but i'm to lazy to type them all laugh.gif

Anways, you can practice every partern which you can think of !! Just check out all 3 note per string Ap stuff on this great site! And remember to start slowly and gradually build up smile.gif

Hope this helps a bit tongue.gif

Mark.

+Quote Post
Quattroste
Mar 26 2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks All. Yeah I guess its practise practise practise then. I was hoping there would some quick method but no, no cheating allowed wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Bacchus 04G Studio QM : Tokai LS200 and ES100 : Patrick Eggle Berlin : Washburn Acoustic.

Amps:

Effects:

Pity I'm so crap.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 27 2008, 12:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Quattroste @ Mar 26 2008, 03:50 PM) *
Thanks All. Yeah I guess its practise practise practise then. I was hoping there would some quick method but no, no cheating allowed wink.gif

No cheating or overnight progress,it's just pure practicing. smile.gif

However I'd like to encourage you to share your take(mp3 or video) on this lesson with us,
that way we could give you even more advices.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 27 2008, 01:11 AM
Instructor
DOn't worry you're not too old. That would be an excuse to not practice. You have to say to yourself "I'm young and heatlhy in I wanna play those triplets!" biggrin.gif

Right, when you do that, start off by practicing real slowly those triplets, and work your way to the top. The moment you start to make mistakes stop. Practicing sloppy is not an option. COntinue later or tomorrow. It will come much sooner that you think.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Quattroste
Mar 27 2008, 11:46 AM
WOW. This is great. I wasn't aware that the instructors would answer me too. What a fantastic site this is.

Muris. If you want me to record an MP3 and include it in the thread(if that's possible) I would have no problem but as mentioned I only get to the Triplets and have not gone further so it would be a short mp3.

Ivan. "I'm young and heatlhy and I wanna play those triplets!" Thanks biggrin.gif This will be my chant as I practise.

--------------------
Guitars:

Amps:

Effects:

Pity I'm so crap.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:29 AM