> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 5: Staccato Power Chords, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Rhida
Dec 12 2014, 09:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Staccato Power Chords by Ben Higgins

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=53222
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=53309
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=53454
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=53469

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 13 2014, 06:33 AM
Instructor
Hi Rhida!

Great to see that you are slowly adjusting the details that I marked on this one. I notice improvements in timing, sound of chords, and chord changes. This means that you are getting closer to master this cool rhythm. Please keep on this same way in order to make the chord changes sound even smoother and all the chords totally clear, with all notes sounding clean and defined.

Keep on practicing this one every day! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 13 2014, 09:23 AM
Instructor
Howdy Rhida!

Nothing else to add here aside what Gabi has already said - playing this lesson every day while being focused on the details - timing, clean playing and being as in synch with the drums as possible, will bring you to a takethat touches perfection!

All the best and keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 13 2014, 11:11 AM
Instructor
This is the best version yet !

All the little details are coming together now. The chord changes are timed much better and the clarity is getting there. The clarity is still and issue but it's an improvement over previous takes so please keep paying attention to the quality of the sound of your chords.

Strumming hand: From 0:31- 0:34 you need to get more tonal control over the palm muting. Your hand is very relaxed, which is good, but the floppiness of your hand is not allowing you to mute those open E notes in between each chord.

Try focusing on one chord, like the E5 chord and just repeat the muted open E string followed by 2 hits of the E5 power chord and cycle this over and over. Focus on making sure the open E is palm muted and the E5 chord is played with no muting. You can slowly add the other chords after a while but try to focus on the quality of sound again.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 14 2014, 11:10 AM
Instructor
Aside from advices from guys. I've listened and I think that Your type of tone might blurry things up a bit. I mean it's acceptable in case of the color/frequency reponse but somehow I feel like it is not crunchy..if You know what I mean.Maybe it's worth trying to experiment with different type of distortion. The one You use sounds more like vintage big muff type of distortion. a lot of compression and very hard to bring tight palm muted notes. With this kind of drive You could have problems to define if You play correct or the distortion does not allow to make things sound like You want.

I'm just wondering and trying to search for tips that affect the way we play as well smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 14 2014, 02:06 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.75

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:25 PM