Eletric Drums ?
ruben_mcn
Apr 6 2010, 08:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Does anybody undrstand anything about this ??? I want to buy some eletric drumkit can anybody help me choose ones?? (to me they are all the same thing blink.gif )

[attachment=20564:session_...05jpg_1_.jpg]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Apr 6 2010, 08:18 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
purple hayes
Apr 6 2010, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
If you can afford it, get drums with mesh heads, they feel more realistic and have a better bounce.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 6 2010, 09:28 PM
Learning Roadie
can anybody explain how do these drums work ?? do they have some kind of amplification ??

QUOTE (purple hayes @ Apr 6 2010, 09:10 PM) *
If you can afford it, get drums with mesh heads, they feel more realistic and have a better bounce.

Thanks 4 the Tip smile.gif

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Apr 6 2010, 09:24 PM

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Apr 6 2010, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
When you hit the 'drum' it sends a signal to drum module that plays the sound that you've associated with that 'drum'. Nicer kits will have multiple zones on the drum head (or cymbal) so you can get different sounds from the drum/cymbal. Like playing the bell of a cymbal vs the bow.

This is me playing at set of Rolands. Notice the two different sounds from the same cymbal at :24.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpg_14XGVF4

PS - I'm not a drummer. I know I suck.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 6 2010, 10:42 PM
GMC:er
The new line of roland Edrums sound AMAZING! as in, you dont have to drop $3000 anymore on a good head. I tried the lower end one (the tdx4) and it felt and sounded great for practice.

in fact,

Im buying one very soon, im selling my acoustic kit for it because the acoustic kit is way to loud and not practical for my uses.

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 7 2010, 06:09 AM
You can start with the Roland Td8 or Td 12. These kits are awesome. You'll need only a pair of nice headphones or an amp to get its sound

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 7 2010, 12:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Guys smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 7 2010, 12:37 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I heard this set in action and it works/sounds great:
http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend.co...-Set?sku=444815

I can plug the drums module to any sound speakers system and you will be able to hear your drum playing.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 7 2010, 07:27 PM
I have a similar set that I use as a MIDI controller. Basically, the drums are connected to a drum "Brain" which is connected via MIDI to my Recording Interface (Tascam Fire One) and controls drum sounds via software in Logic or Garage Band. That way, I can use the drums to trigger sounds in various plugins like EZdrummer which has very spiff drum samples.

I think it's a GREAT idea to learn to play drums as a guitar player. Few things will help you with your sense of timing, pace, tempo, and cadence like learning drums. I learned drums, and bass guitar and it seriously helped my guitar playing.

Practice!
Todd

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Apr 7 2010, 07:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 7 2010, 07:27 PM) *
I think it's a GREAT idea to learn to play drums as a guitar player. Few things will help you with your sense of timing, pace, tempo, and cadence like learning drums. I learned drums, and bass guitar and it seriously helped my guitar playing.

And don't forget, it's just a lot of fun to play drums, pretending to be The Rev (A7X) or Neil Peart... biggrin.gif eventhough you may be miles away from those kind of skills. I love the physical part of drumming. I suck at it, but really love to jam along on my Roland, double bass drumming and everything... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 8 2010, 05:09 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 7 2010, 07:27 PM) *
I have a similar set that I use as a MIDI controller. Basically, the drums are connected to a drum "Brain" which is connected via MIDI to my Recording Interface (Tascam Fire One) and controls drum sounds via software in Logic or Garage Band. That way, I can use the drums to trigger sounds in various plugins like EZdrummer which has very spiff drum samples.

Practice!
Todd

Great advices!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 13 2010, 12:50 AM
Instructor
Roland or Yamaha make great kits that are very suitable for practicing. It's best to try them in the store and see how they behave. Try them as much as you can and compare, it will be easier to buy. You need headphones too.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:54 AM