How To Play A G On B Chord?
guitargod
Apr 14 2007, 08:13 AM
GMC:er
guys,can someone tell me how exactly to play a G on B chord?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
live everyday of your life like its your last n treasure everything and everyone around you to the fullest!!!
max life!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 14 2007, 05:23 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (guitargod @ Apr 14 2007, 03:13 AM) *
guys,can someone tell me how exactly to play a G on B chord?

I assume that you mean a "slash" chord - usually written as G/B - I think G on B means the same thing.

So what it is, is a regular G Major Chord, but instead of having a G as the bass note you woud use B as the bass note - B is already in the chord (it is the 3rd) so using a different bass note doesn;t change the character of the chord at all, but it makes it sound a little different.

To actually figure out how to play it - an easy way would be to play an open G, but start strumming from the 5th string instead of the 6th.

Another (and probably better) example would be D/F#. Normally, an open D is played with the top 4 strings -the 4th string being the root or D. If you alsoe fret the 6th string at the 2nd fret, you add an F#, and while we are at it, we can play the open A string as well because F# and A are both on the chord of D. If you strum that combination you can use all 6 strings and you are playing a D/F#.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
guitargod
Apr 15 2007, 06:52 AM
GMC:er
andrew, thanks for all your explanation to my questions,i think u explain very well n i am cleared of my questions,thanks a million,take care dude....

--------------------
live everyday of your life like its your last n treasure everything and everyone around you to the fullest!!!
max life!!!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 15 2007, 03:21 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (guitargod @ Apr 15 2007, 01:52 AM) *
andrew, thanks for all your explanation to my questions,i think u explain very well n i am cleared of my questions,thanks a million,take care dude....

No problem, glad to help - keep 'em coming!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:07 PM