2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Who Would It Be?
rokchik
Oct 8 2007, 02:22 AM
The Dark Canuck
Hey everyone smile.gif

This question was posed to me by a friend and I thought I'd ask you guys:

If you could jam with anyone (individual or Band, living or deceased) but could only play one song....mean I know...who would it be and what song? You can explain why if you wish.

I found this to be a very tough question to answer. So many people to choose from and so many songs to play. But after a very long time I decided:

The Rolling Stones playing Painted Black.

My reason for this was I saw The Stones play last year and they opened their set with this song. When I heard that intro, I, like the 80,000+ people there, went absolutley nuts. Not my favorite Stones song by a long shot but the energy from this song is infectious live.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Oct 8 2007, 02:46 AM
GMC:er
Bjørn Berge - Hmm

Choosing the song was hard, there are so many other great ones, but choosing the artist wasnt hard at all. He kicks ass. I cant play any of his songs yet though.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 8 2007, 03:57 AM
Gilbert- No songs just jam.

Well the reasons for this is that, I cant play any of his songs but we can jam for like 3 min on his muted strings rhythm thing that he does.

By the end of the night, I would like to rob him and just steal his Laney head or PGM or something.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 8 2007, 04:02 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Randy Rhoads and we'd play Bark at the moon. Would be interesting to see what he does with it.

...and now already I feel bad for rejecting my hero, Jake E Lee :-(

+Quote Post
lefty01
Oct 8 2007, 04:06 AM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 7 2007, 07:22 PM) *
Hey everyone smile.gif

If you could jam with anyone (individual or Band, living or deceased) but could only play one song....mean I know...who would it be and what song? You can explain why if you wish.

I found this to be a very tough question to answer. So many people to choose from and so many songs to play. But after a very long time I decided:

My reason for this was I saw The Stones play last year and they opened their set with this song. When I heard that intro, I, like the 80,000+ people there, went absolutley nuts. Not my favorite Stones song by a long shot but the energy from this song is infectious live.

I would like to jam with either you or Muris:)

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Oct 8 2007, 04:22 AM
Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun

That song just seems very open for a lot of creativity

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 8 2007, 04:39 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Dave Gilmour, trading solos on Shine on you Crazy Diamond smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Oct 8 2007, 04:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
Elton John - Your Song

I can just imagine this amazing slow medolic guitar solo in that song.

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 8 2007, 04:46 AM
Instructor
Blind Guardian - Mirror Mirror

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Oct 8 2007, 04:56 AM
Mercenary-Soul Decision

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
Iluha
Oct 8 2007, 05:34 AM
Aerosmith - Don't want to miss a thing

Iv'e been jamming alot over this song lately and I came up with some cool ideas, and this been one of my favourite songs ever since armagedon came out.. forgot which year it was but it's been about a decade.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Oct 8 2007, 06:03 AM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Oct 7 2007, 08:57 PM) *
Gilbert- No songs just jam.

Well the reasons for this is that, I cant play any of his songs but we can jam for like 3 min on his muted strings rhythm thing that he does.

By the end of the night, I would like to rob him and just steal his Laney head or PGM or something.

+1

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 8 2007, 06:10 AM
Learning Tone Master
I want Solo-Battle with mr Wylde (I will be devastated^^)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 8 2007, 09:24 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (lefty01 @ Oct 8 2007, 12:06 AM) *
I would like to jam with either you or Muris:)

ahhhh shucks man....blushing....I'm honored. smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 8 2007, 09:31 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Jam with Iron Maiden, and play "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner".

Who else would it be besides maiden?

+Quote Post
RobM
Oct 8 2007, 09:54 AM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Oct 7 2007, 09:22 PM) *
Hey everyone smile.gif

For me it would be with the Beatles but it would have to be them back when they were popular in the 60's before Yoko Ohno got involved and screwed them up. If not them then it would have to be with Aerosmith; King and Queens(one of my all time favorite songs).

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
swingline
Oct 8 2007, 10:22 AM
Of coarse Dimebag I mean he's my idol. I'd rather play Cowboys, Hollow, or Cemetery Gates.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 8 2007, 11:09 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Playing Cemetary Gates with Dime would be awesome indeed smile.gif

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Oct 8 2007, 11:10 AM
QUOTE (swingline @ Oct 8 2007, 04:22 AM) *
Of coarse Dimebag I mean he's my idol. I'd rather play Cowboys, Hollow, or Cemetery Gates.

Yeah, Hollow or Cemetery Gates for me too.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Oct 8 2007, 03:34 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 8 2007, 05:39 AM) *
Dave Gilmour, trading solos on Shine on you Crazy Diamond smile.gif

+1 biggrin.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:07 PM