My Band, Ventura Lights...., just released our very first single!
Bear Rose
May 29 2013, 04:28 AM
Beginner Instructor
Whassup everybody!

I know that its been awhile since I've been around, but I wanted to share what I've been extremely busy over the past few months with. My band, Ventura Lights, (formerly the Youtube Band Project) has just released our very first single to the public. It's called "Superheroes" and we're very proud of it!

For those of you who don't know yet, our band was formed by Cobus Potgieter (the most-subscribed to drummer on youtube!) and we got together for 30 days to write and record a full length album. It was intense! The 5 disc box set will be released in August (3 DVDs & 2 CDs).

For "Superheroes" instead of making it available for purchase on iTunes, we decided to release it on youtube and to make it free to download from our website: www.venturalights.com

Anyway, enough about that.....check out this video of our single!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 29 2013, 06:09 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
WOW, This is awesome ! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
May 29 2013, 07:11 AM
GMC:er
Congratulations this sound amazing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 29 2013, 09:15 AM
Instructor
Bear, my man, you guys have ALL you need to make it big! My most sincere congratulations! smile.gif I had no clue you are playing with Cobus biggrin.gif I will share this song on my FB page right now!

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
May 30 2013, 03:25 AM
Beginner Instructor
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 30 2013, 06:04 AM
Super Congrats!!! 80 grand to fund the project is just AWESOME!!!! It's a great example of DIY and the power of Social Media. Sounds great too!

Todd

QUOTE (Bear Rose @ May 28 2013, 11:28 PM) *
Whassup everybody!

I know that its been awhile since I've been around, but I wanted to share what I've been extremely busy over the past few months with. My band, Ventura Lights, (formerly the Youtube Band Project) has just released our very first single to the public. It's called "Superheroes" and we're very proud of it!

For those of you who don't know yet, our band was formed by Cobus Potgieter (the most-subscribed to drummer on youtube!) and we got together for 30 days to write and record a full length album. It was intense! The 5 disc box set will be released in August (3 DVDs & 2 CDs).

For "Superheroes" instead of making it available for purchase on iTunes, we decided to release it on youtube and to make it free to download from our website: www.venturalights.com

Anyway, enough about that.....check out this video of our single!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2013, 04:41 PM
Instructor
This is amazing! Congratulations for this great video, song and project. The overall sound and mix are so top level.
This is VERY inspiring!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 30 2013, 10:55 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

The production sounds amazing. Catchy tune, liked it a lot... congrats Bear!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
May 30 2013, 11:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
sounds awesome dude smile.gif totally agree with the rest of the guys, it's an excellent example of what you can do with talent and social media.
just brilliant.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 1 2013, 12:35 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
That was absolutely awesome Bear! I really enjoyed it! So much for "Beginner's Corner."

laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 1 2013, 10:03 AM
Instructor
All my friends said that this song is awesome! Congrats once again man!

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jun 1 2013, 12:59 PM
Very cool, wish you all the best!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 5 2013, 05:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ May 31 2013, 08:35 PM) *
That was absolutely awesome Bear! I really enjoyed it! So much for "Beginner's Corner."

laugh.gif

hahaha sure! this is what you can become if you follow strictly Bear's series. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MikeyMayhem
Jun 7 2013, 12:20 AM
Greetings Bear. Excellent job on the song!

--------------------

Gear: Ibanez RX-170 Lefty w/ Seymour Duncan Blackout PUs
Ibanez SG Series Lefty Bass
Peavey VK-100 Half Stack
Boss ME-70 Processor
MXR 10-band EQ, Fullbore Metal Distortion, and Classic OD

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:56 AM