2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Problems With The New Player
Tosi
Nov 17 2008, 01:15 PM
GMC:er
Hello everyone !

I have a Problem with the new Videoplayer the Sound is balking . What can I do?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 17 2008, 01:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tosi @ Nov 17 2008, 01:15 PM) *
Hello everyone !

I have a Problem with the new Videoplayer the Sound is balking . What can I do?

Clips are bigger,need more time to buffer.
Press pause until video is fully buffered and then press play,helps? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 17 2008, 01:22 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Let the video pre load longer, also you can try clicking on the players interface (down there where play button is) with your right mouse click and going to quality > low selection for flash...That won't affect quality of video but will boost your performance so sound shouldn't be cracking..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 17 2008, 02:30 PM
I too am having problems with the new player. Choppy video and sound. I tried adjusting the settings to a lower quality but with the same results. I'm using the very latest version of the flash player in Firefox 3.0.3. Please help!!

tommyboy

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 17 2008, 02:39 PM
QUOTE (tommyboy @ Nov 17 2008, 02:30 PM) *
I too am having problems with the new player. Choppy video and sound. I tried adjusting the settings to a lower quality but with the same results. I'm using the very latest version of the flash player in Firefox 3.0.3. Please help!!

tommyboy

Have you left the player to buffer the video completely ? Does it still sound choppy ? You need to adjust the settings to low on the players bar, not the video itself..So you can click under the PLAY video button on the player itself (red frame) with your right mouse click and choose quality > low...That should improve the performance greatly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nazgul
Nov 17 2008, 02:42 PM
I also find it slightly annoying that if I go back from "Feedback" to "Lesson", the video always has to load again. That didn't happen with the old player, did it?

--------------------
Chuck Norris rules!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 17 2008, 02:52 PM
QUOTE (Nazgul @ Nov 17 2008, 02:42 PM) *
I also find it slightly annoying that if I go back from "Feedback" to "Lesson", the video always has to load again. That didn't happen with the old player, did it?

You mean when you post a feedback , lesson player restarts ?? That happened with the old player, exactly the same..

--------------------

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 17 2008, 03:00 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Nov 17 2008, 07:39 AM) *
Have you left the player to buffer the video completely ? Does it still sound choppy ? You need to adjust the settings to low on the players bar, not the video itself..So you can click under the PLAY video button on the player itself (red frame) with your right mouse click and choose quality > low...That should improve the performance greatly.

Hi,

First I have a very high speed connection and the buffer is way ahead of the current playing position. Secondly, I've tried adjusting the settings. All this does is speed up or slow down the choppiness. blink.gif I hope this can be solved otherwise I'm not going to be able to use any of the new lessons!! That would suck!

tommyboy

P.S. If it helps I can view other high def videos on other sites. So I'm thinking it's something native to this player on this site.

This post has been edited by tommyboy: Nov 17 2008, 03:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Nov 17 2008, 03:09 PM
i found the old player more helpful. Now i have to w8 1min before i can watch a lesson (buffring)

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 17 2008, 03:16 PM
Ok, just trying get to the bottom of this problem. I was looking at the gear section of the forum and someone was having trouble viewing Kris's 101 lessons. So I though I'd take a look. I don't have quite the same problem as him but the sound part of the videos are just fine. However, the video plays slow and choppy even after the full file has downloaded. Don't know if this is related or not. Just trying to help figure this out.

tommyboy

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 17 2008, 03:22 PM
Video is incredible now. No problems here for me. Runs like a dream smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Nov 17 2008, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I'm having some problems with the sound too even though I let the video load entirely before I try to play it.

/Firefox 2.0.0.18

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 17 2008, 04:12 PM
GMC Founder
This help section might help!

--------------------

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 17 2008, 04:43 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 17 2008, 09:12 AM) *
This help section might help!

I appreciate all the suggestions. However, nothing I do changes a thing. I'm not running a old system and I'm running Linux not windows, I have a Nivida video card as I built my system for Photoshop. I have a gig of ram and like I said before my connection is very fast. So I have real troubles believing it's my computer. Especially since others are having the same problem. I can dual boot my computer and I tried it in Windows XP thinking it might be something with Linux. However, same exact thing. I think theres more to this than just a couple of settings. mad.gif

It's like the frame refresh rate is skipping! This effects both the sound and video.

tommyboy

This post has been edited by tommyboy: Nov 17 2008, 04:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nazgul
Nov 17 2008, 06:57 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Nov 17 2008, 02:52 PM) *
You mean when you post a feedback , lesson player restarts ?? That happened with the old player, exactly the same..

No, I didn't mean that. wink.gif I mean it has to load the video again, unlike the old player.

--------------------
Chuck Norris rules!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 17 2008, 09:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I am having the same problem as Tommyboy. I have a pretty strong computer...3.4 ghz P4 dual core, 2 gig ram, 2x512 megs graphics cards etc. The videos play terrible...and I also have a very fast internet connection, cable modem. I let the videos completely load...and they still play choppy. I tried all the settings adjustments that Kris suggested...no luck either.

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 17 2008, 09:44 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Nov 17 2008, 11:40 PM) *
I am having the same problem as Tommyboy. I have a pretty strong computer...3.4 ghz P4 dual core, 2 gig ram, 2x512 megs graphics cards etc. The videos play terrible...and I also have a very fast internet connection, cable modem. I let the videos completely load...and they still play choppy. I tried all the settings adjustments that Kris suggested...no luck either.

Do you have other softwares or web browser tabs open? I get the same problem if I have a lot of things going on at the same time (and I do have good connection and powerful computer).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 17 2008, 09:48 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 17 2008, 03:44 PM) *
Do you have other softwares or web browser tabs open? I get the same problem if I have a lot of things going on at the same time (and I do have good connection and powerful computer).

No...this is the only thing running, and no other tabs or windows open. I even let Ivan's Rockabilly lesson load for 5 full minutes while I did something else. When I came back to the computer it was fully loaded, and still ran very choppy.

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Nov 17 2008, 09:51 PM

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
JVM
Nov 17 2008, 10:10 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm also having problems with it. I have a strong computer built for games, a fast connection and I don't have stuff running in the background or anything. The player firstly takes longer to load than is acceptable, IMO. It's not really that bad, but what we've gained with this new player is offset by it's performance. When it finally loads, it plays fine for me, though.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Nov 18 2008, 01:58 AM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Nov 17 2008, 02:40 PM) *

I don't know if I should be happy about this but I'm so glad to see other's are having the same problem. I was starting to think age is catching up to me. If your computer is having trouble then there's something more to all this. Personally, I don't see why there was a need for a change. The videos as they were had more than enough clarity to get the info across. In fact, I don't see any difference other than the video is a bit larger. Not worth the hassle if everyone can't partake if you ask me. But what do I know, I'm a old has been. huh.gif

tommyboy

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:35 AM