2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Album Out Saturday!
Ben Higgins
Sep 10 2015, 04:34 PM
Instructor
Yep, you read it right - I will be firing out another album this coming Saturday! This one's a completely solo affair - I've done everything on it. The work that Andrea and myself do has a longer period of coming together so, in order to keep the flow and make room for more material, I want to put stuff out closer to writing it.

As a result, I've ended up on a writing spree... it's quite short compared to a "conventional album" - 6 songs clocking in at around 25 minutes but hell, Reign in Blood is only 28 mins approx and that's got more songs!

I'm not sure that I'll go the Buckethead route and release an album a week - that's insane... but there may be more albums now, alongside the work that I do with the Italian Stallion.

Album link

https://benhiggins.bandcamp.com/album/one-s...closer-to-satan

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Sep 12 2015, 09:05 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 10 2015, 04:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
awesome biggrin.gif Totally digging the theme of this cool.gif Look forward to hearing it.
nice one duder.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Sep 10 2015, 05:02 PM
Learning Roadie
wub.gif

You are a machine! Can't wait biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Sep 10 2015, 06:35 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Congrats Ben!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 10 2015, 06:58 PM
Instructor
Thanks dudes, must be something I ate!

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 10 2015, 08:58 PM
Learning Roadie
i like to discover this one !!!

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 11 2015, 05:49 AM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome, this is a great news!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 11 2015, 09:13 AM
GMC Founder
Your rate is really impressive to say the least. It seems you just have all that music inside you that to has to get out!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 11 2015, 03:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Look forward to it.

I still reckon you should do some hard copies with nice booklets for us to peruse whilst listening wink.gif

Cheers for the music mate smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
mR_mInD
Sep 11 2015, 03:15 PM
GMC:er
COOOOL !!!

--------------------
Playing my guitar it`s not a hobby, it´s a LifeStyle!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2015, 05:51 PM
Instructor
This is awesome Ben!! Congratulations! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 12 2015, 09:04 AM
Instructor
Morning all! It is now OUT and ABOUT!

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 12 2015, 12:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Benzo, dude! this is seriously epic.

the blues for lucifer track was a great surprise, didnt expect to find a bluesy number on it, its a gem. great playing and loved the tone.
Bringer of light! are you kiddin! that is incredible. Its got a real classicial-esque vibe and evil as hell when it goes into the chordy part. Flows great into the cyberdemon track as well.
the last track is a bit of a panty-dropper is it not cool.gif great melodies. Almost has a bit of a melo-death vibe about it in places which was great. cool vocal, I liked that.
all the tracks are great though, those ones just jamp out at me on the first few listens.
at the risk of getting all fan-girl.... ridiculously great album dude. Im starting to listen to your stuff more than any other instrumental music I listen to.

This post has been edited by bleez: Sep 12 2015, 12:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2015, 06:51 PM
GMC:er
WOW!! You are really cranking them out!!!!! Your output rate is beyond prolific dude! All the tracks sound great and I like they all sound a bit different from each other. I am getting really tired of listening to albums where every song could be swapped for another and you'd never know, which is something Heavy music seems to be falling victim to recently! I like the last track in particular. Well done!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 10 2015, 11:34 AM) *
Yep, you read it right - I will be firing out another album this coming Saturday! This one's a completely solo affair - I've done everything on it. The work that Andrea and myself do has a longer period of coming together so, in order to keep the flow and make room for more material, I want to put stuff out closer to writing it.

As a result, I've ended up on a writing spree... it's quite short compared to a "conventional album" - 6 songs clocking in at around 25 minutes but hell, Reign in Blood is only 28 mins approx and that's got more songs!

I'm not sure that I'll go the Buckethead route and release an album a week - that's insane... but there may be more albums now, alongside the work that I do with the Italian Stallion.

Album link

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 12 2015, 07:28 PM
Brilliant Ben,

Gods Of The Sun reminds me of a Satch track but I can't quite think which one.

Blues For Lucifer, nice change smile.gif

One Step Closer To Satan @ 1:18 I'm sure I can hear one of your lessons in there wink.gif

Only listened once but liking it already.

Thanks Ben

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 13 2015, 09:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 12 2015, 11:43 AM) *
Benzo, dude! this is seriously epic.

the blues for lucifer track was a great surprise, didnt expect to find a bluesy number on it, its a gem. great playing and loved the tone.
Bringer of light! are you kiddin! that is incredible. Its got a real classicial-esque vibe and evil as hell when it goes into the chordy part. Flows great into the cyberdemon track as well.
the last track is a bit of a panty-dropper is it not cool.gif great melodies. Almost has a bit of a melo-death vibe about it in places which was great. cool vocal, I liked that.
all the tracks are great though, those ones just jamp out at me on the first few listens.
at the risk of getting all fan-girl.... ridiculously great album dude. Im starting to listen to your stuff more than any other instrumental music I listen to.

Oh man, what praise - you made a little bit of wee come out!! biggrin.gif

You've made my day!

And I loved the 6.66 cool.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 12 2015, 05:51 PM) *
WOW!! You are really cranking them out!!!!! Your output rate is beyond prolific dude! All the tracks sound great and I like they all sound a bit different from each other. I am getting really tired of listening to albums where every song could be swapped for another and you'd never know, which is something Heavy music seems to be falling victim to recently! I like the last track in particular. Well done!

Thank you, sir!! I like the fact that one can redefine the way they record and release music and sites like Bandcamp make it easy to do so. If you want to do an epic long album, or a 20 minute one then you can. No record label, no rules.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 12 2015, 06:28 PM) *
Gods Of The Sun reminds me of a Satch track but I can't quite think which one.

One Step Closer To Satan @ 1:18 I'm sure I can hear one of your lessons in there wink.gif

That's interesting.. to me, Gods of the Sun makes me think of George Lynch & Zeppelin.

Re: the lesson.. quite possibly. I'm not aware of it but there could be a lick or chord change that you've heard elsewhere in my stuff.

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 13 2015, 10:19 AM
Learning Roadie
great stuff ben , the last track is my favorite !!!!

some track may be a bit longer, but it's a personal preference, it's not about overall quality !!!

a day, i can do it too !!

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 13 2015, 11:30 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 13 2015, 09:43 AM) *
That's interesting.. to me, Gods of the Sun makes me think of George Lynch & Zeppelin.

Re: the lesson.. quite possibly. I'm not aware of it but there could be a lick or chord change that you've heard elsewhere in my stuff.

Had it on while washing my car this morning, looped it 4 times, it's brilliant, each time I had a different favourite smile.gif

One Step Closer To Satan from 1:18 to 1:50 reminds me of THIS albeit more dynamic and driven and altered and probably nothing like it at all knowing my ears laugh.gif

Thanks for the music mate. cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 13 2015, 01:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 13 2015, 09:43 AM) *
And I loved the 6.66 cool.gif

HA! That made me chuckle as well biggrin.gif
It made my copy extra satany!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 13 2015, 03:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Sep 13 2015, 09:19 AM) *
some track may be a bit longer, but it's a personal preference, it's not about overall quality !!!

Hehe, I do it to make you want more, more, more!!

The Devil made me do it ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 13 2015, 10:30 AM) *
Had it on while washing my car this morning, looped it 4 times, it's brilliant, each time I had a different favourite smile.gif

One Step Closer To Satan from 1:18 to 1:50 reminds me of THIS albeit more dynamic and driven and altered and probably nothing like it at all knowing my ears laugh.gif

Thanks for the music mate. cool.gif

That's great to hear, Phil smile.gif

Ah, it's probably because of the constant 8th notes on the lead guitar in both cases

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 13 2015, 12:20 PM) *
HA! That made me chuckle as well biggrin.gif
It made my copy extra satany!

Excellent - it can't all be about God can it? The Dark One needs attention too, otherwise he gets all stroppy. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:28 AM