Guitar Rig 5 Sparkling
Anders Karlsson
Jan 3 2014, 07:34 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hi there, i bought Guitar rig 5 and Scarlett 2i2 today. Im been sitting down for hours today and i have been trying to manage the installation.

Sound card, Scarlett 2i2
https://www.google.se/search?q=scarlett+2i2...366&bih=642

Im using Scarlett through guitar rig 5 and then back to the amplifier (Line6) and i receive that sparkling sound sad.gif

I have no delay but this annoying sparkling/glitches destroys the fun.

http://youtu.be/C_XG4YxBVjw

I even got the "ableton" (software) that i can use to play guitar rig 5 through but i cant get the input and putout to work.

Any1 knows how to do smile.gif

Regards

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Anders Karlsson: Jan 3 2014, 07:35 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
jstcrsn
Jan 3 2014, 08:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Jan 3 2014, 07:34 PM) *
Hi there, i bought Guitar rig 5 and Scarlett 2i2 today. Im been sitting down for hours today and i have been trying to manage the installation.

Sound card, Scarlett 2i2
https://www.google.se/search?q=scarlett+2i2...366&bih=642

Im using Scarlett through guitar rig 5 and then back to the amplifier (Line6) and i receive that sparkling sound sad.gif

I have no delay but this annoying sparkling/glitches destroys the fun.

http://youtu.be/C_XG4YxBVjw

I even got the "ableton" (software) that i can use to play guitar rig 5 through but i cant get the input and putout to work.

Any1 knows how to do smile.gif

Regards
I would not go back out to a guitar amp, the speaker can not handle the range needed to sound good( it would work okay for guitar only),but anything else is not going to sound good, if you don't have any good speakers , get some headphones- its probably the cheapest mixing route(thats what I have)about forty bucks for a decent pair for now, the poping is , I think , is in the set up of your i nterface, open it up and see if you can raiser the buffer size, making it as high as possible until there to much pause between when you hit the string and hear the monitor sond

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Jan 3 2014, 09:03 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Well, i will see into it tomorrow. I will check the buffer level and than reply back. Thanks for your help smile.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Jan 4 2014, 05:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm assuming you're talking about crackling and popping? If so, then I too would suggest raising the buffer size, and also close all other sneaky programs that run in the background, like Skype and iTunes. The default buffer size on most interfaces is 128, I have mine at 256 and don't get any sparkling noises unless I'm working on a very intensive project (30+ tracks)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Jan 4 2014, 10:27 AM
Learning Tone Guru
Hi, i raised the buffer size and i got a better quality, i will use it for a while now and see if the popping comes back.

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Jan 4 2014, 09:15 PM
Learning Tone Guru
The problems seems to be solved. The buffer size made it.

Thanks for helping.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 4 2014, 10:08 PM
GMC:er
So great to see everyone jumping in and knowing the tricks for using sims for home recording smile.gif We have all (those of use who use sims) gone through this kind of thing and man can it be entirely frustrating at first.

Then once you get it to work, then you gotta start building tones which seems like it too can take forever. But much like guitar, it's just another part of process and takes some time and tribulation. Congrats on your new interface and sim! Gr5 is really cool package and you can use it on tracks that are not guitar. It has presets for pretty much every instrument and vocals that you can use as a starting point smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Jan 4 2014, 03:15 PM) *
The problems seems to be solved. The buffer size made it.

Thanks for helping.

+Quote Post
Anders Karlsson
Jan 5 2014, 10:55 AM
Learning Tone Guru
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 4 2014, 10:08 PM) *
So great to see everyone jumping in and knowing the tricks for using sims for home recording smile.gif We have all (those of use who use sims) gone through this kind of thing and man can it be entirely frustrating at first.

Then once you get it to work, then you gotta start building tones which seems like it too can take forever. But much like guitar, it's just another part of process and takes some time and tribulation. Congrats on your new interface and sim! Gr5 is really cool package and you can use it on tracks that are not guitar. It has presets for pretty much every instrument and vocals that you can use as a starting point smile.gif

Todd

Hi, yes i think GR5 is good shit smile.gif Now i just have to buy a cam for a decent price, so i can make make good quality clips for your bootcamp:)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 20 2014, 09:31 PM
GMC:er
You can use your PHONE for video clips if you like smile.gif Anything will work!! doesn't have to be high quality smile.gif

QUOTE (Anders Karlsson @ Jan 5 2014, 05:55 AM) *
Hi, yes i think GR5 is good shit smile.gif Now i just have to buy a cam for a decent price, so i can make make good quality clips for your bootcamp:)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:01 AM