New Marty Friedman Album!, BAD D.N.A
del-4fr53e3
Jul 28 2010, 01:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
Cant wait biggrin.gif
This album will contain original songs (different from Tokyo Jukebox which contained instrumental guitar versions of popular japanese songs).
From his official website:

Marty`s 10th solo album, "BAD D.N.A." is completed and its release date is 8/25 on Avex in Japan.

Without going into much detail, (we at the site have only heard short previews of half of the songs at this time) it is safe to say that the album will be a natural progression picking up where Loudspeaker and Tokyo Jukebox left off and adding its own twists and turns.

The first Japanese pressing will include the first music video for the title track, "BAD D.N.A." directed by Visual Trap, who have directed all of the videos of Dir En Grey.

Stay tuned to this page for international release news.

Get a sneak peek at the album at www.martyfan.com/disco/index.php?no=0

The album was produced by Marty and engineered by Steve Hardy and Shinnosuke Miyazawa (Lady Gaga, Guns `n Roses) this April/May at The Village in LA. Much more info about the album, exclusive interviews, studio photos and more to come at this page as well as our Japanese counterpart, www.martyfan.com

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
The Uncreator
Jul 28 2010, 02:06 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Let the girlish screaming begin! laugh.gif

God I can't wait for this smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
Jul 28 2010, 03:02 PM
GMC:er
This better not be a Jpop album!

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2010, 05:48 PM
Instructor
I found this video and it sounds cool... very original for me. I can hear Marty's 80's & 90's vibes very clearly on it. I noticed that he is now using Fernandes guitars.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jul 28 2010, 05:57 PM
Learning Tone Master
Very cool, I havent heard this before! biggrin.gif It is a Fernandes, which is werd because he is a PRS endorsee now. I guess it was a short contract and he is changing often! :S

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jul 28 2010, 06:40 PM
Instructor
I saw his clinic around 2003 and he was a very cool guy. Interesting video!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
zen
Jul 29 2010, 07:53 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
CANT WAIT !!! smile.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 29 2010, 04:08 PM
Instructor
the solos on that video are wicked!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 3 2010, 09:27 AM
Jazz Instructor
Great news, I can't believe he's still recording...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 7 2010, 12:52 PM
Instructor
Very interesting sounding work, lots of cool melodies, and great riffs. I like the overall sound of guitars. The industrial-style beat is what I don't really dig, but it's cool combo.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Aug 27 2010, 11:37 PM
GMC:er
That is one cheesy video lol. That is 5 different cheeses mixed together.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Aug 29 2010, 07:27 PM
Beginner Instructor
I'm not sure which is more entertaining.....his guitar playing or his wardrobe! Love the furry vest! Haha.

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Aug 29 2010, 08:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
Listening to it now! It's very cool, very different. It has the good friedman sound, and in some ways it kind of reminds me of him during his cacophony/Dragon's Kiss' days.. but you can definitely hear that he has his inspiration elsewhere. It's very cool! Much more rythm oriented! Very 2010 sounding ^^ Only a few songs in though smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Aug 29 2010, 08:07 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:31 AM