3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Farewell Gmc, I Am Leaving This Site..., 3,5 years - it was one hell of a ride!
purple hayes
Dec 1 2010, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
You've been a great addition to the forums. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Dec 1 2010, 08:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sorry to see you go.

All the best. Hope to see you again here

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Dec 1 2010, 08:06 PM
Instructor
Hope to see you back again in the forums, sooner or later!! smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Dec 1 2010, 08:39 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
+1000 !!!

QUOTE (Shime @ Dec 1 2010, 10:24 AM) *
Hey man, sad to see you go. But do you really HAVE to? huh.gif

Why not come back as an instructor? cool.gif

Anyway, thanks for all the great advice and best of luck with everything you do!

Shime

You could become a gear instructor here at GMC, recording videos about gear and stuff! That would be a helluva great thing! So please don't leave... you've got knoweledge a very few have.

QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Nov 30 2010, 10:19 PM) *
Guys and Gals I am sorry to announce that I will no longer visit this homepage.
I might look into the board or an interesting lesson occasionally but I won't be posting anymore.

Thanks GMC and all you Guys, it was a wonderfull time!
Goodbye

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 1 2010, 08:45 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Dec 1 2010, 07:24 PM) *
That sucks man! I loved your gear posts and frankly you were the one guy I trusted when I had questions about pickups or gear in general. Thanks for mentioning me as your partner in crime. I guess I should thank you for sending me a text about winning (or not winning) a competition and helping me out with the fitting of a new pickup in my Ibanez!

I also would like to mention something for the GMC staff:

Giving ZakkWylde a free membership will cost you guys Nothing, whereas the site's value definately rises! Members like ZakkWylde have supported GMC through multiple years and have shown to be more loyal then most instructors! They are also an added value to the forums, which might be GMC's most important source.

My point: Giving ZakkWylde (but not only him) a free membership contributes to GMC. It's extremely cost efficient since the costs are €0,- and the wins are an unvaluable enhancement of GMC in total.

The fact that I do get free subscription for my wiki work, whereas ZakkWylde doesn't seems prety unfair. I do my duties in the wiki and he does his in the forums. I gues his contributions might even be worth more! I want to ask the GMC staff to think about this and maybe do something back to the super loyal members of the community. This isn't only ZakkWylde, but also Superize, tonymiro, audiopaal, MickeM, fkalich, TheUncreator, Skennington, Smells (Chris Evans), OrganizedConfusion, Mattacuk, Eat-sleep-andJam, botoxfox, lcsdds, JVM and Tolek and probably even a few more whom I'm forgetting atm.

Please...

I've got nothing to add here...
Sad to see you go, Zakk, but I do understand your decision and I would have done the same.
I also think the slowdown at the moment is a bad thing, I hope GMC will get back in shape soon...I'm talking about the forums here, the lessons are still great.
Alles Gute Zakk, viel Erfolg mit deiner Band und deinem Studium!

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 1 2010, 09:21 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Dec 1 2010, 07:24 PM) *
That sucks man! I loved your gear posts and frankly you were the one guy I trusted when I had questions about pickups or gear in general. Thanks for mentioning me as your partner in crime. I guess I should thank you for sending me a text about winning (or not winning) a competition and helping me out with the fitting of a new pickup in my Ibanez!

I also would like to mention something for the GMC staff:

Giving ZakkWylde a free membership will cost you guys Nothing, whereas the site's value definately rises! Members like ZakkWylde have supported GMC through multiple years and have shown to be more loyal then most instructors! They are also an added value to the forums, which might be GMC's most important source.

My point: Giving ZakkWylde (but not only him) a free membership contributes to GMC. It's extremely cost efficient since the costs are €0,- and the wins are an unvaluable enhancement of GMC in total.

The fact that I do get free subscription for my wiki work, whereas ZakkWylde doesn't seems prety unfair. I do my duties in the wiki and he does his in the forums. I gues his contributions might even be worth more! I want to ask the GMC staff to think about this and maybe do something back to the super loyal members of the community. This isn't only ZakkWylde, but also Superize, tonymiro, audiopaal, MickeM, fkalich, TheUncreator, Skennington, Smells (Chris Evans), OrganizedConfusion, Mattacuk, Eat-sleep-andJam, botoxfox, lcsdds, JVM and Tolek and probably even a few more whom I'm forgetting atm.

Please...

Great post mate, and it's all true smile.gif
GMC would benefit from giving Zakk a free membership..

Kris;
If this is a money issue, reducing the free memberships going around. Give him my free subscription smile.gif
He probably needs it more than me anyway, as I'm spending more and more time on the drums..
And I'll stick around either way, so you've got nothing to loose.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 1 2010, 09:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Dec 1 2010, 09:21 PM) *
Great post mate, and it's all true smile.gif
GMC would benefit from giving Zakk a free membership..

Kris;
If this is a money issue, reducing the free memberships going around. Give him my free subscription smile.gif
He probably needs it more than me anyway, as I'm spending more and more time on the drums..
And I'll stick around either way, so you've got nothing to loose.

Paal, I love you... laugh.gif

This what I wanted to do, but then I thought of the other people who also deserved this, it wouldn't be fair.

And I was kinda scared of losing my own subscription... if I'm honest...

You are a nice chap wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Berglmir
Dec 1 2010, 10:12 PM
GMC:er
Guys you are great and you DO speak out of my heart, but alas I think it might be too late. The damage done the decision made. I know I would not change mine.
But maybe Zakk thinks otherwise - if GMC Management makes the right move (this time!) - let´s hope so!

Feeling proud to be part of such a great community!

This post has been edited by Berglmir: Dec 1 2010, 10:12 PM

+Quote Post
Fre
Dec 1 2010, 10:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
This comments prove what a great community we have (had?) here.
It's really beautiful to see.

audiopaal you deserve a prize for charity! smile.gif

I also learned alot from ZakkWylde.

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Dec 1 2010, 11:03 PM
Flamenco Instructor
Sad news you leave the site. Hope things will be well and may be you can join us again in the future.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 1 2010, 11:05 PM
Instructor
Wow, great story and nice farewell man. I hope to see you here soon, I hope this is not the end. You are indeed very valuable contributor to the forums, and this should be important.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JamesT
Dec 2 2010, 03:10 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Aw man, I really have enjoyed reading your posts. You have great knowledge of amps, guitars, and guitarists. Your title of "Most Valued Contributor" will reign forever. Stop by when you get a chance between semesters or something, and keep playing for as long as your heart tells you to play. Best of luck.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 2 2010, 06:26 AM
Learning Roadie
Good luck to you wherever you go, consider coming back as an instructor too maybe!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Dec 2 2010, 09:57 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (JVM @ Dec 2 2010, 06:26 AM) *
Good luck to you wherever you go, consider coming back as an instructor too maybe!

Cant we all give a dollar or more? then we have his membership in notime biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 2 2010, 10:00 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Dec 1 2010, 09:29 PM) *
Paal, I love you... laugh.gif

This what I wanted to do, but then I thought of the other people who also deserved this, it wouldn't be fair.

And I was kinda scared of losing my own subscription... if I'm honest...

You are a nice chap wink.gif

Haha, at least somebody loves me tongue.gif
I know what you mean, but Zakk has done so much, and helped so many people that I think it's fair.

Hopefully Kris reads this thread soon and let us know what happens smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Dec 4 2010, 09:44 AM
Learning Roadie

This one is from Zakk Wylde, to zakkwylde laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 4 2010, 01:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I can't wait for Kris to reply to this post! I really want to hear what he has to say about this. The fact that after a small week he still hasn't replied/read the thread gets me thinking...

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Dec 4 2010, 01:48 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
It is relatively common for GMC stuff, not to participate in such topics. Besides I think the situation is "clear", so no real need to post here arises.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mate Nagy
Dec 4 2010, 03:20 PM
GMC:er
I'm sorry to hear that Bro !

I wish you well whatever you do, and we are waiting for you back of course.

Take care !

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 4 2010, 04:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Dec 4 2010, 01:48 PM) *
It is relatively common for GMC stuff, not to participate in such topics. Besides I think the situation is "clear", so no real need to post here arises.

A few people here have raised quite a clear question, aimed at GMC staff. The fact that we've used the words GMC Staff already a few times should be an indication for them maybe?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:48 PM