Fairyland, Power/Symphonic Metal
Pavel
Feb 17 2008, 06:48 PM
Instructor
A few months ago i bumped into this power metal band and i loved it straight away. Later investigation showed me that all the stuff is written by just 1 guy (keyboards player) and right now he's releasing a whole new album ALL ON HIS OWN with some great guest-artists.

To make long story short, check these links and feel free to discuss:

http://www.fairyland-metal.com/default.asp

http://www.myspace.com/fairylandfantasia

The production is not THAT high quality but i still love the songs and the new upcoming album is told to have a way better production quality smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
The Uncreator
Feb 17 2008, 07:01 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Wait, Phillipe Giordana is releasing an entire Fairyland album on his own? Or is he doing a side project? Whichever it is i cant wait, Fall Of An Empire was amazing!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 17 2008, 07:21 PM
Instructor
Phillipe IS Fairyland! All band ex-members left him on his own so it will be a new FAIRYLAND title smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 17 2008, 07:25 PM
WHOA!!

Well, that sucks kinda i guess, thankfully Phillipe is a genius, I think it will still be amazing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 17 2008, 07:47 PM
Instructor
First of all say that the artwork in the official website is awesome !!! I love it !!!
The music is also great wink.gif Reminds me Rhapsody, of course, but with a personal point of view. I try to find more material from that band, they seem a good band... I need to listem more songs smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 17 2008, 07:57 PM
Check out "Fall Of An Empire", there newest release, great music!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 17 2008, 10:45 PM
Instructor
"Of Wars In Osyrhia" is also great smile.gif I have those 2 albums in playlist and i barely change the playlist during the day biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Melvyn
Feb 17 2008, 10:54 PM
GMC:er
Fairyland are a brilliant band, they recently supported one of my FAVOURITE bands of all time, Kamelot, if you likwe Fairyland, then Kamelot will be right up your street!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 17 2008, 10:58 PM
Instructor
I listened to Kamelot and they didn't impress me too much. I even saw that live DVD from Oslo and only liked a few of the songs.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2008, 11:37 PM
Instructor
I liked the songs in their myspace! Thanks for the links Pavel!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 17 2008, 11:43 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 17 2008, 01:45 PM) *
"Of Wars In Osyrhia" is also great smile.gif I have those 2 albums in playlist and i barely change the playlist during the day biggrin.gif

Ohh so true, i dont have the other albums though, i should get it.

+Quote Post
at lights end
Feb 23 2008, 01:02 AM
weird, i had a fairyland song in my head and then i saw this thread. they're pretty good although i can't take that name seriously!

QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 17 2008, 09:58 PM) *
I listened to Kamelot and they didn't impress me too much. I even saw that live DVD from Oslo and only liked a few of the songs.

yet you agreed with me that thomas youngblood of kamelot was a great player? here

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 23 2008, 01:29 AM
Good guitar player doesnt make the overall band good necessary wink.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 23 2008, 01:32 AM
Get to da Chopper!
I'm sooo not metal enough to join in on this discussion laugh.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 23 2008, 02:00 AM
One of my good friend loves Kamelot. I could never ever get into them though. If you guys like that kind of emotional prog stuff, check out Shadow Gallery.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 23 2008, 11:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (at lights end @ Feb 23 2008, 01:02 AM) *
yet you agreed with me that thomas youngblood of kamelot was a great player? here

Yes, and TheUncreator gave you the right answer smile.gif A guitarist doesn't make a band. What i don't like the most about Kamelot is the singer. The guitar work however is great smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:28 AM