Fake It? :)
Mertay
Nov 7 2019, 06:02 PM
GMC:er

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 7 2019, 06:15 PM
who can forget this classic rings of saturn vid where his playing doesn't match up to the vid and it sounds like pure guitar pro output and he's playing in his hallway and it's labled "Studio Demo". It's one of the first vids I remember seeing where it just sounded fake. Now it's become a "thing". Some folks think he did it just for publicity, other folks say he's just being a poser. Either way, the vid got traction. I still think it's just a bit lame to speed up one's playing in the daw or fake it entirely using guitar pro. But hey, kids will be kids smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 7 2019, 01:02 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 7 2019, 06:16 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 7 2019, 06:55 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 7 2019, 05:15 PM) *

Wow that was disgusting laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 7 2019, 10:29 PM
He's a great shredder from a reputable band so I was shocked when I first saw this. I mean, it clearly sounds fake and you can tell his fingers are not matching it. it caused a bit of a stir in the shred community and even in the forums here. However, the dust up did give the video and his band some traction. So whether he was trying to be lame or not, it got publicity smile.gif
Even their new track sounds heavily edited. Reminds of Charles Caswel on instagram (Berried Alive) lots of dissonant harmony and kill switch stuff that's too fast for a human hand. This is what folks want evidently, at least some of them smile.gif They are signed to Nuclear Blast and have a long history of innovative music. However, now they sound like this.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 7 2019, 01:55 PM) *
Wow that was disgusting laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 7 2019, 10:40 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 8 2019, 09:56 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 7 2019, 11:29 PM) *
He's a great shredder from a reputable band so I was shocked when I first saw this. I mean, it clearly sounds fake and you can tell his fingers are not matching it. it caused a bit of a stir in the shred community and even in the forums here. However, the dust up did give the video and his band some traction. So whether he was trying to be lame or not, it got publicity smile.gif
Even their new track sounds heavily edited. Reminds of Charles Caswel on instagram (Berried Alive) lots of dissonant harmony and kill switch stuff that's too fast for a human hand. This is what folks want evidently, at least some of them smile.gif They are signed to Nuclear Blast and have a long history of innovative music. However, now they sound like this.

Haha well i found this video even more disgusting with the intestines!

But yeah there is currently quite some discussions going on about speeding up guitar solos. But hasn't Dragonforce been doing this for ages? And it's been well known?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 8 2019, 04:23 PM
Instructor
The last words that he says in the video are exactly what's all about!

Worry about trying to play with some character.... Try to yourself and have fun. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 8 2019, 07:55 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 8 2019, 08:56 AM) *
But hasn't Dragonforce been doing this for ages? And it's been well known?

I think they give their most at studio and get imperfections out by audio quantize (correction rather than speedup), thats why they play bad live.

A teacher of mine once recommended me if making an album give %60 most of what you have technically to prevent mistakes on stage+don't look boring on stage. With dragonforce though they have to take more risk, its almost the only selling point of them (personally I dislike their music).

This post has been edited by Mertay: Nov 8 2019, 07:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 8 2019, 10:05 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 8 2019, 08:55 PM) *
I think they give their most at studio and get imperfections out by audio quantize (correction rather than speedup), thats why they play bad live.

Hm that does not make sense to me, you can't quantize sloppy notes to sound good (quantize just fixes timing issues).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 8 2019, 11:25 PM
Dragon force albums sound a bit too perfect, then you hear them live and they can barely keep up in their own songs. Not to mention it's a bit sloppy live because they are running around the stage instead of focusing on the tricky parts. Herman Li can play well, I"ve seen video of him playing and he's got chops. But all the live vid I've seen of them is really bad.
The end of the first vid is spot on as gabe said, it's more about putting a bit of soul in and having fun. That tornado of souls solo is far from perfect/clean, there is some 'stank" in it as he says. But people still love it cause it's a killer solo that works with the track.

Drums have fallen victim to this in extreme music. Guys using drum triggers and replacing all the drums with midi drums so they can be perfectly quantized and played faster than any human could pull off. Bands feel they have to push it to be more extreme than last years music smile.gif
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 8 2019, 05:05 PM) *
Hm that does not make sense to me, you can't quantize sloppy notes to sound good (quantize just fixes timing issues).

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 10 2019, 10:48 AM

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 11 2019, 10:24 PM
Nailed it smile.gif Pure Sega game guitar tone, speed up in post production. Lacks any emotional depth. Somehow, kids LOVE this stuff. THe more insane speed up and dissonant harmy the better. The more it sounds like a video game and less like a guitar, the more they like it smile.gif
QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 10 2019, 05:48 AM) *

smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:10 PM