Easy Screamo Licks, little help here writing my own stuff
Xenu
Oct 19 2007, 06:50 AM
GMC:er
Hi I'm wondering what scale most of the screamo stuff is in like "underoath" the used and Fall out boy they all have super easy riffs that repeat through most of the song if i was looking to write my own type of stuff like that what key is it normally in and what scales do they usually use. this is my first post so go easy on me.
thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 20 2007, 05:39 AM
QUOTE (Xenu @ Oct 18 2007, 11:50 PM) *
Hi I'm wondering what scale most of the screamo stuff is in like "underoath" the used and Fall out boy they all have super easy riffs that repeat through most of the song if i was looking to write my own type of stuff like that what key is it normally in and what scales do they usually use. this is my first post so go easy on me.
thanks!

you'll probably get mad at this but, i think i should say it anyway.

If you're a beginner, i suggest you spend time on the Beginner lessons here at GMC instead of learning those riffs, but of course, if you like them alot its obvious to want to learn them, for me, its important to have fun with the guitar.

But What im trying to say, is that time is very important, and you should make the best out of it, thats why i recomended the beginnger lessons here at GMC, maybe youd like to try the Heavy Metal For Beginnger by Pavel if you are into Heavy Metal, you'll see that the lessons are suitable for beginners and are more enjoying to play than the fall out boy stuff (imo).

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Oct 20 2007, 05:40 AM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Xenu
Oct 20 2007, 06:18 AM
My skills arn't exactly at a beginners level (somewhere between beginner and advanced i would say) i can play a few harder pieces like some avenged sevenfold and Metallica stuff i just really don't understand any of the theory behind it and cant write it very well if the lesson goes over the begining theory of metal guitar then i appreciate your advice.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:25 PM