Playing With Feeling
carminemarotta
Feb 5 2012, 10:25 PM
GMC:er
Hi all,
I have a question about "playing with feeling". Usually slow tempo solo like Gilmour (see some of the David Walliman on GMC) must be played with feeling. I know what is, I can hear how it sounds. But how do you translate your feeling to the fretboard?

Carmine

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 6 2012, 08:20 AM
Instructor
Well, I would compare it with making a statement smile.gif when you are in love with a girl and you are talking to her, you are not thinking of what you're going to tell her - honest words, truthful, sincere and backed up by a storm of butterflies coming out of your stomach - that's what's going on, without you even knowing it. That's the exact thing which happens when you are playing with feeling smile.gif the guitar is no longer a piece of wood on which you are practicing scales. It becomes a means of expression - it helps you say what you need to say - it's that simple. But, in order to get there you need how to learn and let go.

Playing with feeling is not about making funny faces laugh.gif it's about telling a story and captivating your listeners from one end to another. In how many ways can you play a note?

Try this:

- pick a note - any note
- try to imagine how that note would sound if it were furious, in love, sad, quiet, loud, confused, happy, disappointed and what other sort of feeling comes to your mind.
- play all these in ONE note smile.gif and see what happens.

Expression is a powerful weapon and it can trigger incredible emotions in us humans if wielded properly.

enjoy

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:34 AM