3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Poor Puppy Collaboration - Darius Wave
Darius Wave
Mar 28 2013, 09:57 AM
Instructor
AK Rich...the sound and the whole idea is beautiful...If I could only ask You to correct that over-bend at 1:18 (according to the 1st link). It sound like You played about 1 half step too far (You can hear the major third instead of minor third that should be there smile.gif Also....1:33...fret buzz. Please correct those two things and this will be great solo smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Mar 28 2013, 10:24 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gregc1
Mar 29 2013, 12:16 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Here's my take on this sad collab. smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gregc1/poorpup-collab

My bare guitar file should be set to start on the first beat of the first measure of the solo section. Also, nice one AK!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by gregc1: Mar 29 2013, 12:22 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  poorpup_noback.mp3 ( 1.5MB ) Number of downloads: 100

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 29 2013, 03:22 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 27 2013, 11:57 PM) *
AK Rich...the sound and the whole idea is beautiful...If I could only ask You to correct that over-bend at 1:18 (according to the 1st link). It sound like You played about 1 half step too far (You can hear the major third instead of minor third that should be there smile.gif Also....1:33...fret buzz. Please correct those two things and this will be great solo smile.gif

Hey thanks Darius! smile.gif While I agree that the bend at 1:18 is a bit pitchy and slightly sharp, I can't hear that it reaches a major 3rd of G#. When I play it again and check it with my tuner I can only see it being 10 to 15 cents sharp which is closer to the minor 3rd G than the major 3rd G#. I know my ear isn't perfect but I didn't think it was that bad. unsure.gif
Could it be that the trem vibrato I used combined with a sharp note took it slightly higher and making it closer to the major 3rd?
Anyway, I went ahead and re-recorded it and tried to make it closer to the correct pitch and with a vibrato that wassn't quite as wide as the first take. Also I fixed the buzzing note at 1:33.
I have a couple different mixes for you to choose from. I hope one of these mixes works better. Thanks again for the feedback! smile.gif

[attachment=31346:Poor_Pup...ollab2.0.mp3] [attachment=31347:Poor_Pup..._backing.mp3]
[attachment=31348:Poor_Pup...ollab2.1.mp3] [attachment=31349:Poor_Pup..._backing.mp3]

QUOTE (gregc1 @ Mar 28 2013, 02:16 PM) *

My bare guitar file should be set to start on the first beat of the first measure of the solo section. Also, nice one AK!

Wow! That was truly a great take Greg! And thank you!

+Quote Post
gregc1
Mar 29 2013, 03:09 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks AK! On your 2 re-recordings, I think you nailed it with the second set. So damn spooky sounding and I love the islandy tone. Reminds me of a hunted beach or something. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 29 2013, 03:36 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Mar 28 2013, 06:16 PM) *

https://soundcloud.com/gregc1/poorpup-collab

Greg that sounded killer man!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
gregc1
Mar 29 2013, 03:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thank you Trey, I really appreciate it. Waiting on your take brother!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Mar 29 2013, 03:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Mar 28 2013, 01:39 AM) *
Hey Darius,

hopefully this will bring a tear or two smile.gif
solo starts at 1:11.
https://soundcloud.com/patrik-berg-2/darius-collaboration

I have sent you a PM with the guitar only track.

Nice. I'm listening to this and watching big heavy snow flakes fall from the sky. Fits quite good together

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 29 2013, 10:52 PM
Instructor
AK Rich...second mix is ok and You made the correct pith smile.gif Let it be this way smile.gif Believe me...my first feeling in Your first version was like a major third smile.gif

Greg...You did a great job! All of You guys play the way i think it's Your solo fit each other smile.gif Thats great! smile.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 30 2013, 02:36 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Mar 29 2013, 05:09 AM) *
Thanks AK! On your 2 re-recordings, I think you nailed it with the second set. So damn spooky sounding and I love the islandy tone. Reminds me of a hunted beach or something. cool.gif

You're welcome Greg! Yeah man that take was stellar, totally pro bro! cool.gif And thanks again! I appreciate it smile.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 29 2013, 12:52 PM) *
AK Rich...second mix is ok and You made the correct pith smile.gif Let it be this way smile.gif Believe me...my first feeling in Your first version was like a major third smile.gif

Greg...You did a great job! All of You guys play the way i think it's Your solo fit each other smile.gif Thats great! smile.gif

Cool Darius thanks man! And thank you for bringing the pitch issue to my attention , I probably wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't said anything , and the buzzing note I completely overlooked as well, Good looking out man thanks again! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 1 2013, 05:25 PM
GMC:er
Here's my take Darius:-
https://soundcloud.com/sensiblejones-1/poor-puppy-wbt

https://soundcloud.com/sensiblejones-1/poor-puppy-nbt
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 1 2013, 08:30 PM
Instructor
nicely done Mr. Jones smile.gif I see You enjoyed the backing track so much that You didn't left any space for the others ha ha smile.gif)) I like Your tone and some phrasing concepts but I will have to ask You to redo the thing wink.gif The part with no drums is where I start the theme. Then Everyone has something like 40 seconds for his solo. Because some of players already did the "very sad playing" parts I would like to ask You for a favor - to do more agressive part (like You did on the bridge pickup in the ending of BT). Please...give Yourself some more breathing the playing...live some more long notes withing those licks....show me Your vibrato ;D That would be great to put Your solo as a breaking part of tension build in the whole mix of all solos smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 1 2013, 08:46 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 1 2013, 07:30 PM) *
nicely done Mr. Jones smile.gif I see You enjoyed the backing track so much that You didn't left any space for the others ha ha smile.gif)) I like Your tone and some phrasing concepts but I will have to ask You to redo the thing wink.gif The part with no drums is where I start the theme. Then Everyone has something like 40 seconds for his solo. Because some of players already did the "very sad playing" parts I would like to ask You for a favor - to do more agressive part (like You did on the bridge pickup in the ending of BT). Please...give Yourself some more breathing the playing...live some more long notes withing those licks....show me Your vibrato ;D That would be great to put Your solo as a breaking part of tension build in the whole mix of all solos smile.gif

biggrin.gif Sorry Darius!!
Yeah, I'll do a new take as you suggest!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif So, just once through the chord progression, yes?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 1 2013, 08:52 PM
Instructor
that's correct my freind D

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 1 2013, 09:05 PM
OK, will have that up tomorrow for you!
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
tonyk
Apr 2 2013, 09:55 AM
No tears

https://soundcloud.com/tonyk525/puppy

https://soundcloud.com/tonyk525/puppy-solo

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 2 2013, 11:03 AM
Instructor
no tears You say...but it's quite sad anyway biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Apr 3 2013, 01:05 AM
here is the same recording you requested Darius, but reduced gain and quicker fade at the end.
https://soundcloud.com/patrik-berg-2/darius-collaboration-1
https://soundcloud.com/patrik-berg-2/darius-collaboration-guitar-1

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
ztevie
Apr 3 2013, 03:40 PM
I'll try to find time to make one. Question: Is it ok to let some bending squeal come in just before and a second or two after the time frame? A bit awkward otherwise...?

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 3 2013, 03:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ztevie @ Apr 3 2013, 03:40 PM) *
I'll try to find time to make one. Question: Is it ok to let some bending squeal come in just before and a second or two after the time frame? A bit awkward otherwise...?

If Would be great if You could fit the track remembering that someone else will play on the time You wanted to already start You solo, or You will also interfere with next player solo. You can try and maybe I can fin good place within other takes so that could fit well. Send us Your proposition and we'll see how this works.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 4 2013, 05:06 PM
Re-takes as requested Darius! Hope this is to your liking!!
https://soundcloud.com/sensiblejones-1/poor-puppy-take-2-wbt
https://soundcloud.com/sensiblejones-1/poor-puppy-take-2-nbt

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:50 AM