3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Camera Shyness Experiment
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 14 2020, 12:42 AM
Instructor
Number 7! Are you starting to feel more comfortable?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 14 2020, 11:24 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 14 2020, 01:42 AM) *
Number 7! Are you starting to feel more comfortable?

It's hard to say. Right now I'm focusing on hitting all the notes clearly but the regular recording, like for REC is about playing the thing effortlessly and smoothly. I don't feel relaxed playing any of these, as I didn't get much practice playing them.

I feel a bit more comfortable with the camera running but I don't think any of these bits would pass the REC's grading.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 15 2020, 02:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 14 2020, 07:24 PM) *
It's hard to say. Right now I'm focusing on hitting all the notes clearly but the regular recording, like for REC is about playing the thing effortlessly and smoothly. I don't feel relaxed playing any of these, as I didn't get much practice playing them.

I feel a bit more comfortable with the camera running but I don't think any of these bits would pass the REC's grading.

Don't worry about passing REC. I think that this experiment is giving promising results.

Please continue recording videos! wink.gif

Regarding the thumb thing. I recommend you to avoid doing it all the time. That's a trick to avoid doing to much strength, but it's not good to get more used to this way of holding your guitar.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 16 2020, 10:46 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 15 2020, 03:40 PM) *
Don't worry about passing REC. I think that this experiment is giving promising results.

Please continue recording videos! wink.gif

Regarding the thumb thing. I recommend you to avoid doing it all the time. That's a trick to avoid doing to much strength, but it's not good to get more used to this way of holding your guitar.

I like where this is going and I don't want to stop pushing myself now. smile.gif

I'm not avoiding using thumb. I just don't use it where I'm okay with it. For power chords or open chords, I'm afraid I need the thumb to stabilize my hand.

This post has been edited by Adam: Sep 16 2020, 10:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2020, 02:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 16 2020, 06:46 PM) *
I like where this is going and I don't want to stop pushing myself now. smile.gif

I'm not avoiding using thumb. I just don't use it where I'm okay with it. For power chords or open chords, I'm afraid I need the thumb to stabilize my hand.

Excellent!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 17 2020, 10:17 PM
Learning Roadie
I wasn't aware the glass was in the way until I saw the recording but I hope it's still valid.

The red dot syndrome was quite strong this time. I had to slow down gradually with each try so my eyes could follow the score sheet and the fingers could play the thing as I read. I was able to play it imperfectly at a 100% tempo once but the red dot probably got me and I slowed down to maybe 60-80% but it worked and I did the whole thing! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Adam: Sep 17 2020, 10:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2020, 02:29 PM
Instructor
That's interesting! I would keep recording this one every day, increasing tempo, besides your normal experimental videos... what do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 18 2020, 07:19 PM
Learning Roadie
I can't promise I'll record it everyday or that I'll increase tempo each time but I will try recording it as often as possible for me. Is there any special meaning about doing that besides the regular video?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2020, 08:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 18 2020, 03:19 PM) *
I can't promise I'll record it everyday or that I'll increase tempo each time but I will try recording it as often as possible for me. Is there any special meaning about doing that besides the regular video?

I think that you'll be able to see real progress by playing the same piece and increasing time. I consider that it can be a good part of this experiment. But if you don't feel it positive, you can skip it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 19 2020, 08:49 AM
Learning Roadie
No, this is fine. Sounds promising! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2020, 05:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 19 2020, 04:49 AM) *
No, this is fine. Sounds promising! smile.gif

Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 21 2020, 04:26 AM
GMC:er
You are getting better each take!!! Keep pushing!

Todd

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 23 2020, 11:10 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 21 2020, 05:26 AM) *
You are getting better each take!!! Keep pushing!

Todd

I'm doing my best!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 24 2020, 01:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Adam! You are doing a great job here my friend!! It's interesting to see that the repeated tune is showing progress. This experiment is very cool! I hope that you are starting to notice your own progress here. If not, trust me, it's happening.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 26 2020, 08:58 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 24 2020, 02:53 PM) *
Hi Adam! You are doing a great job here my friend!! It's interesting to see that the repeated tune is showing progress. This experiment is very cool! I hope that you are starting to notice your own progress here. If not, trust me, it's happening.

Hi! Thank you! I can't feel any improvements but it's probably just as you said.

I've noticed it's significantly easier for me to play when my eyes are focused on following the score sheet but when the sheet is gone, fingerstyle pieces are suddenly harder to play from my head. Is it how things are with classical stuff or did I make a mistake somewhere?

I only had 1,5 hour to spend at home today in between two jobs, so I wasn't able to record anything. I'm speaking here after analysing old recordings.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 27 2020, 12:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 26 2020, 04:58 PM) *
Hi! Thank you! I can't feel any improvements but it's probably just as you said.

I've noticed it's significantly easier for me to play when my eyes are focused on following the score sheet but when the sheet is gone, fingerstyle pieces are suddenly harder to play from my head. Is it how things are with classical stuff or did I make a mistake somewhere?

I only had 1,5 hour to spend at home today in between two jobs, so I wasn't able to record anything. I'm speaking here after analyzing old recordings.

Hi Adam!

By progress, I mean that you start to feel less uncomfortable when playing in front of the camera. If don't feel it yet, it's just a matter of time.

About your question sheet question... that's interesting. I wonder if this is related to memory or focus... if it's related to focus, you can practice focusing on any other thing, like your own fingers, or maybe imagine the sheet?

If this is related to memory, I recommend you to try to remember the classical pieces. It's not a good idea to always depend on having the score/tabs in from of you.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Sep 29 2020, 10:53 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 27 2020, 01:43 AM) *
Hi Adam!

By progress, I mean that you start to feel less uncomfortable when playing in front of the camera. If don't feel it yet, it's just a matter of time.

About your question sheet question... that's interesting. I wonder if this is related to memory or focus... if it's related to focus, you can practice focusing on any other thing, like your own fingers, or maybe imagine the sheet?

If this is related to memory, I recommend you to try to remember the classical pieces. It's not a good idea to always depend on having the score/tabs in from of you.

It's mostly the issue when I'm new to a piece. If the score sheet is simple enough, I can play the thing as I read it for the first time. When I've practiced it long enough, I don't need the score sheet to play but I still need to focus. I can play it while relaxed but when I relax too much, I start making mistakes again.

That one came out of nowhere, I just plugged in the guitar and did some warm-up and I liked where it was going, so I recorded it. I'm thinking, maybe I could use it in some way in my video game project, if I manage to improve these bits and maybe come up with some more.

I have some more bits from the other day but these were audio only. I'm a bit clueless as of, what to do about those two.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 30 2020, 02:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Adam! These are really cool riffs and ideas! I can really imagine a video game soundtrack here... is it the idea? how is your video game project going?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
Oct 2 2020, 10:11 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 30 2020, 03:23 PM) *
Hi Adam! These are really cool riffs and ideas! I can really imagine a video game soundtrack here... is it the idea? how is your video game project going?

Thank you! That was really unexpected! It's just an idea that I need to patch up with more bits and instruments. As much as I want to, I only have my guitars, and my brother's bass if needed.

My project is kind of stuck. We're pushing forward at a really slow pace because I lately come home too tired to make any use of my brain. I work 7 days a week, so it's really taxing. But I asked for 1 day off tomorrow and I'm hoping to make a decent progress.

The setting we chose for the game is a mix of post-apocalypse and 80's retrowave. I found this brand new phaser on a nice sale lately and I didn't need it nor want it but I bought it just to see how that kind of effect works. After I figured out how each knob affects the tone, I hit the sweet spot and paired it up with delay in the effects loop. It suddenly made guitar fun to play for the first time in a really long while.

I think it may sound a bit like EVH era of music but that's 80's and if I manage to put the music together, it should be perfect for the setting.
Ideally, I should try it with my PAF guitar that's made for this but it needs shielding first and it takes a while.

This post has been edited by Adam: Oct 2 2020, 10:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 3 2020, 01:01 AM
GMC:er
Very cool! I like that riff. It's very Eighties indeed. I like the phaser as well. Nicely done!!! Keep it up!!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:07 AM