Feedback Please? (new Music Video)
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2020, 06:08 AM
GMC:er
This is a track that I played guitar on for the band ANTI-M. Anyone a fan of the band THE GATHERING? Anyone heard this song before?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 11 2020, 06:10 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2020, 03:01 PM
Instructor
Nice Todd! You've added great leads there!

I used to listen to The Gathering a long ago. It was one of our first influences with Cirse (first album). You can hear some Gathering's influences here:

and here (this song is unreleased but was recorded for the first album)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Anese
Sep 11 2020, 04:48 PM
Learning Roadie
the whole thing sounds great to me <thumbs up>

This post has been edited by Anese: Sep 11 2020, 04:48 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 11 2020, 07:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds great, Todd!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2020, 07:51 PM
GMC:er
Thanks for checking it out and for the feedback!! I didn't notice until you pointed it out but you guys did have a very GATHERING vibe back then! I dig it smile.gif Not everyone has even heard of THE GATHERING here in the states. I was new to the band until this collab project came about. I learned all the guitar parts by ear and started looking for more of their work on youtube. It's funny how one comes across new music almost by accident and then ends up really digging it. The vocalist for the gatherin (Anneke van Giersbergen ) is quite a talented gal. She is also barely known here in the states. She did a great duet some time ago with "WITHIN TEMPTATION" who are also barely known here in the states but evidently are huge in most of Europe! Here is the vid for that duet. The singer from the gathering comes in about 2:00 minutes.

in another connection, Anneke van Giersbergen toured with one of my fave new players, a gal named Merel Brechtold who also plays in the bands MAYAN and was in DELAIN as well. It's a small world in Metal I guess smile.gif One of the singers in MAYAN is also the guitar player and founder of EPICA.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 11 2020, 10:01 AM) *
Nice Todd! You've added great leads there!

Thanks much!! smile.gif
QUOTE (Anese @ Sep 11 2020, 11:48 AM) *
the whole thing sounds great to me <thumbs up>

Many thanks!!! It was a fun project smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 11 2020, 02:41 PM) *
Sounds great, Todd!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:04 AM