Thoughts On This Solo?
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2020, 02:58 PM
Instructor
I've recorded a solo over Mateus Asato's backing track called MAT. What do you think of it? smile.gif

It's on my instagram, check it out:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFPmCndhE4M/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 18 2020, 03:44 PM
GMC:er
I like it alot it kinda reminds me satriani mellow stuff biggrin.gif
A bit off topic but I also dig your lighting!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 18 2020, 04:00 PM
Instructor
Thanks a lot!!

Do you refer to my background colored lightening or my video lightening?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 18 2020, 07:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Well Steve Vai and Joe Satriani had a baby and called it Gab cool.gif

That is a beautiful solo mate, I can hear Satch and elements of Vai but it is all yours. I'm proud to say you are my mentor and an inspiration to us all.

Thanks for sharing buddy smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 18 2020, 09:50 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 18 2020, 04:00 PM) *
Thanks a lot!!

Do you refer to my background colored lightening or my video lightening?

Both laugh.gif everythings looks top notch cool.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
MrVegas
Sep 18 2020, 11:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
kick ass, the groove is nice and mellow your playing so tight. note choices sound so good. i listened a few times and the fast lines are played so smooth, i want to be able to play smoothly over chord changes with nice phrasing like this, not just picking a scale the works and letting notes out.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2020, 12:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Sep 18 2020, 05:50 PM) *
Both laugh.gif everythings looks top notch cool.gif

Thanks! smile.gif

My front light is a Led Ring Light, and my background lights are Philips Hue.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 18 2020, 03:55 PM) *
Well Steve Vai and Joe Satriani had a baby and called it Gab cool.gif

That is a beautiful solo mate, I can hear Satch and elements of Vai but it is all yours. I'm proud to say you are my mentor and an inspiration to us all.

Thanks for sharing buddy smile.gif

Oh mate, thanks for your nice words! Nice to know that you can hear Satch and Vai influences. They have been (and still are) very important in my guitar journey.

QUOTE (MrVegas @ Sep 18 2020, 07:59 PM) *
kick ass, the groove is nice and mellow your playing so tight. note choices sound so good. i listened a few times and the fast lines are played so smooth, i want to be able to play smoothly over chord changes with nice phrasing like this, not just picking a scale the works and letting notes out.

Thanks for your words! Nice appreciation my friend.

Yes, this solo is not an improvisation. I've composed it and then played it. I've tried to be musical, and to make the lines connect with the backing chords and overall groove. I feel that the backing was suggesting some of these melodies.

If you enjoy this type of playing, I recommend you to get into my "licks" series covering Asato, Lari Basilio, Nick Johnston, Blues Rock, and off course my latest one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Modern...k-Ballad-Licks/

I'm thinking that maybe I can make a lesson based on my insta solo, but I'll need to re-do the backing track.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 19 2020, 09:04 AM
Learning Tone Master
Your solo sounds truly killer, I love it!!! It's melodic, the notes that you chose are very tasty, catchy and for my personal preferences this solo has the perfect amount of fast passages. Also I like very much your tone.

I don't know if I'm the only one who feel this but from my point of view this year you came up with a different approach in your style of composition which fit as hell with my taste. I hear this difference in your takes, your lessons and even the tone that you choose show a different Gabriel which sound so perfect for me. smile.gif

I don't hear the Satch or Vai influences in this take, for me goes more in the Nick Johnston or Lari Basilio area (mostly the harmonized passages make me think at Lari). You already pointed some of your amazing lessons where we can hear this type of playing.

Sorry because I wrote an entire letter but when I hear something that I love how it sounds, I want to express my admiration. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2020, 05:50 PM
Instructor
Wou Monica!! Thanks a lot for your words! You made my day. I've saved this message because your words are very inspiring for me.

I also notice that there is something different in my playing. After many years of practice, I'm starting to find a nice balance between melody, feeling, technique and shred. Those guitarists that you named made fall in love again with the instrumental side of guitar.

I hope to continue evolving in this direction. Thanks for your feedback friend. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 19 2020, 06:16 PM
One of your best solos imho! The way you blend melody/hamony and the dynamics between gentle phrasing and shreddy bits is very impressive. You've got a very balanced style of play which is very tough to master. Your tone choice works perfect as well and allows you to back off with pick pressure and play light then dig in and still have enough gain to play a fast passage. It's a clinic on being a well rounded player and a clinic on style.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2020, 11:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 19 2020, 02:16 PM) *
One of your best solos imho! The way you blend melody/hamony and the dynamics between gentle phrasing and shreddy bits is very impressive. You've got a very balanced style of play which is very tough to master. Your tone choice works perfect as well and allows you to back off with pick pressure and play light then dig in and still have enough gain to play a fast passage. It's a clinic on being a well rounded player and a clinic on style.

Wou Todd! Thanks a lot for your words mate. This means a lot to me friend. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:55 AM