Framus Amps
OrganisedConfusi...
May 1 2008, 12:29 PM
GMC:er
Has anyone tried a Framus Amp at all? I really want to get rid of my Marshall JCM800 and buy a Framus Cobra. The JCM800 is one of the best amps ever but it just doesn't fit my style. I've had it for many years and it is from 1983 I believe so it's about time I got a new amp.

So has anyone tried the Framus Cobra, Dragon or Ruby? I was looking at buying the Framus Cobra but it is £1800 so $3600

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 7 2008, 11:35 AM
Not one person has tried these amps? sad.gif That's a shame. I guess I will just have to hunt one down smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 7 2008, 11:43 AM
Instructor
its a nice amp man if you have a money so you can do it

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 8 2008, 12:40 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I didn't heard about them! smile.gif
But if they cost that much , should be high quality smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 8 2008, 01:33 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Good amps - only tried the Ruby OC some time back but it was a nice amp. From what I remember of the descriptions the Cobra is a more (Ultra) High Gain Metal, Dragon is High Gain/80s and the Ruby more general purpose. Sort of the Cobra is Framus's take on a Triple Rec... Expensive but compared with a Triple Rec in European shops smile.gif and if I had the money and wanted that sort of amp I'd definitely consider it.

I might have the Cobra and Dragon mixed up though.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 8 2008, 07:38 AM
Instructor
I heard some stuff recorded with this amp and is awesome, really... BESTIAL laugh.gif really heavy distortion... but IMO it's too expensive.

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 8 2008, 10:59 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Framus contacted me last year and sent me a Cobra and a Dragon amp, and I have to say that both are very good amps. The Dragon is more "british", like a Marshall, but better in my opinion, while the Cobra is closer to Boogies. Both amps offer tons of great features, lots of sound options and are definitely a good choice. I would even put them in my personal top 3 of amps, together with some Engl's and of course my beloved Rectifiers.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 8 2008, 11:03 AM
Instructor
well, can you ask Framus if they can send me some amps ??? laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 8 2008, 11:14 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ May 8 2008, 01:33 AM) *
Good amps - only tried the Ruby OC some time back but it was a nice amp. From what I remember of the descriptions the Cobra is a more (Ultra) High Gain Metal, Dragon is High Gain/80s and the Ruby more general purpose. Sort of the Cobra is Framus's take on a Triple Rec... Expensive but compared with a Triple Rec in European shops smile.gif and if I had the money and wanted that sort of amp I'd definitely consider it.

I might have the Cobra and Dragon mixed up though.

Cheers,
Tony

QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ May 8 2008, 07:38 AM) *
I heard some stuff recorded with this amp and is awesome, really... BESTIAL laugh.gif really heavy distortion... but IMO it's too expensive.

QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 8 2008, 10:59 AM) *
Framus contacted me last year and sent me a Cobra and a Dragon amp, and I have to say that both are very good amps. The Dragon is more "british", like a Marshall, but better in my opinion, while the Cobra is closer to Boogies. Both amps offer tons of great features, lots of sound options and are definitely a good choice. I would even put them in my personal top 3 of amps, together with some Engl's and of course my beloved Rectifiers.

Cheers for the help guys. I'm definitely going to try all 3 models out. The Ruby, Dragon and Cobra. I love the look of the Dragon cabinet and so I gotta see it and play through one. And that is awesome Marcus being sent those 2 amps and you're really lucky to be in that position. Mixed with your great guitaring and awesome band smile.gif I can't wait to try one out. I just need to sell my JCM800 from 1982 and try out these beauties.

Again thanks for the help guys. It makes me eager to try them now that I know 3 knowledgable people like them smile.gif

QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ May 8 2008, 11:03 AM) *
well, can you ask Framus if they can send me some amps ??? laugh.gif laugh.gif

It would be great just to have them sent to you. smile.gif But now you're full time guitarist and left the pharmacy then you can really knuckle down and have more time to write songs and play gigs smile.gif You rock Juan so all it will take is for somebody to notice you at a gig or your CD and you may get sent some Framus amps in the near future smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 8 2008, 12:53 PM
Hehe, just to get this straight, I didn't keep those amps wink.gif Framus contacted me and offered me this endorsement, and since I am not tied to any amp company with an endorsement in the moment I was of course interested. I told them right from the beginning though that it will not be easy to make me abandon my Boogies since I am really in love with them, but well, they sent me those 2 amps, I tested them, I liked them a lot, but I still prefered my Boogies, I just found "my" sound with those amps. So I called Framus, thanked them for the offer and the interest in me as an endorser, gave them my feedback on those two great amplifiers, but asked them to pick them up again. It would just feel wrong for me to keep those amps, officially become a Framus endorser, but still play my Boogies all the time. If I endorse a company I only do it because I am fully blown away by the product, not because I get it for free, and as I said, both amps were really good amps, just not "my" amps, that's why I prefered to decline the offer and to stay with my 3 Boogies.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 8 2008, 12:57 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
While awaiting an opportunity to try them you can hear the Cobra here smile.gifhttps://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=8626

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 8 2008, 01:00 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 8 2008, 12:53 PM) *
Hehe, just to get this straight, I didn't keep those amps wink.gif Framus contacted me and offered me this endorsement, and since I am not tied to any amp company with an endorsement in the moment I was of course interested. I told them right from the beginning though that it will not be easy to make me abandon my Boogies since I am really in love with them, but well, they sent me those 2 amps, I tested them, I liked them a lot, but I still prefered my Boogies, I just found "my" sound with those amps. So I called Framus, thanked them for the offer and the interest in me as an endorser, gave them my feedback on those two great amplifiers, but asked them to pick them up again. It would just feel wrong for me to keep those amps, officially become a Framus endorser, but still play my Boogies all the time. If I endorse a company I only do it because I am fully blown away by the product, not because I get it for free, and as I said, both amps were really good amps, just not "my" amps, that's why I prefered to decline the offer and to stay with my 3 Boogies.

That is a very respectable thing to do. It is nice on the company that you are honest with them and it is great from you that you don't feel you have to take up the endorsement even though you'd probably never use them on stage. Some guitarists would just accept any endorsement just for free gear.

QUOTE (MickeM @ May 8 2008, 12:57 PM) *
While awaiting an opportunity to try them you can hear the Cobra here smile.gifhttps://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=8626

Cheers for the link. I will give it a listen. I can't wait to get hold of one now smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
May 8 2008, 01:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
Maroon, a German Metal band play only Framus amps...Check them out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjNESTH7aEE

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
May 8 2008, 04:37 PM
Instructor
I've heard some sound samples where they sound too fizzy and some samples where they sound very chunky and beefy.
Can you go and try them out in a shop etc. ? smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 8 2008, 05:42 PM
Sure you can try them in shops too, I have no idea about the distribution in Finland, but here they are available in all the major shops. And yeah, I know a lot of musicians that would take any free gear, just for the sake of getting it for free, but this is not really my thing. Sure it would have been a nice thing to get those two amps, I really liked both, but for me it would be kind of ripping of Framus, and this is definitely not my style. As long as I will only use my Boogies I will not endorse any other amps, it would just be a fake.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 8 2008, 05:55 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ May 8 2008, 05:42 PM) *
Sure you can try them in shops too, I have no idea about the distribution in Finland, but here they are available in all the major shops. And yeah, I know a lot of musicians that would take any free gear, just for the sake of getting it for free, but this is not really my thing. Sure it would have been a nice thing to get those two amps, I really liked both, but for me it would be kind of ripping of Framus, and this is definitely not my style. As long as I will only use my Boogies I will not endorse any other amps, it would just be a fake.

Have Mesa offered you an endorsement or not yet?

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 8 2008, 06:00 PM
I had a Mesa Boogie endorsment for some years, I am not endorsing them anymore though. I had the deal with the German distribution back then, not with Mesa directly, and those guys were great, but at some point Mesa changed the distributor in Germany and I didn't like the attitude of the new distributors, so I ended my deal. I own 2 Rectifiers and Triaxis/2:90, along with some Rectocabs, so I have everything I need, I don't really need this endorsment just for the sake of having it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:30 AM