Gotta Love American Muscle Cars!, Check out my new Chevelle!
Praetorian
Aug 2 2009, 01:24 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I just picked this up a couple days ago. It is a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle. It has a 383 V8, and has had a frame off restoration. My first step though is converting it to a 4 speed...it is an automatic now.

Edit - Here is a video I made for you Skennington!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Aug 2 2009, 11:15 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
kahall
Aug 2 2009, 01:27 AM
Learning Roadie
What can I say other than Very very nice.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 2 2009, 01:42 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
NICE!!! biggrin.gif

Is the auto a powerglide?

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Aug 2 2009, 01:56 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Aug 1 2009, 08:42 PM) *
NICE!!! biggrin.gif

Is the auto a powerglide?

It's a built TH350. It can handle up to 700hp. The 383 is putting out about 375hp now.

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 2 2009, 02:09 AM
If it's built, and has a manual valve body, it might run better at the track than with a 4 speed. However, the 4 speed will serve you better on the street. cool.gif But your a cop so I can't imagine that.. unsure.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif either way, very nice ride man! smile.gif

I used to build mustangs back in the day and had a friend with a big heavy 72' Monte Carlo with a 383/powerglide/4:10 gears that was just awesome. Made about 450 horse to the rear wheels, 500 or so at the crank. cool.gif

I even went with chevy valves in my ford motors.. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Aug 2 2009, 02:21 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Aug 2 2009, 02:09 AM) *
If it's built, and has a manual valve body, it might run better at the track than with a 4 speed. However, the 4 speed will serve you better on the street. cool.gif But your a cop so I can't imagine that.. unsure.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif either way, very nice ride man! smile.gif

I used to build mustangs back in the day and had a friend with a big heavy 72' Monte Carlo with a 383/powerglide/4:10 gears that was just awesome. Made about 450 horse to the rear wheels, 500 or so at the crank. cool.gif

I thought we were supposed to only speak english on the forums....... blink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 2 2009, 02:21 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god ....

You have no idea how much I envy you! laugh.gif

Chevelle has never been a top favorite of mine but a beautiful muscle car is a beautiful muscle car. Ideally I would like 1967 shelby GT500 Fastback.

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 2 2009, 02:27 AM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Aug 1 2009, 09:21 PM) *
I thought we were supposed to only speak english on the forums....... blink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

OK man sorry, I'll shut up as long as you don't start talking teeth.. tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 1 2009, 09:21 PM) *
oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god ....

You have no idea how much I envy you! laugh.gif

Chevelle has never been a top favorite of mine but a beautiful muscle car is a beautiful muscle car. Ideally I would like 1967 shelby GT500 Fastback.

Ah, Eleanore, my dream car too man! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jmguitar64
Aug 2 2009, 03:34 AM
GMC:er
nice car man, and nice lawn too haha

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Aug 2 2009, 05:13 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Aug 1 2009, 09:09 PM) *

I am going to keep it a street car...so the auto has to go! It does have a 3,000 rpm stall convertor, which makes it launch pretty well...but it is kind of a pain in the butt to pull it in the garage! I also need to put a real rear end in it. It has the stock 10 bolt, open diff with I believe 3.08's. Once the 4 speed goes in...I plan on 4.11's or 3.73's with an lsd.

All plans for down the road though...and don't tell my wife these upgrades!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
sted
Aug 2 2009, 07:39 AM
Learning Rock Star
Man that is freaking AWESOME! I sooo envy you americans when it comes to muscle cars, and petrol prices, and insurance prices! You would get hounded by the green fraternity over here for driving that, but at a pound a litre for petrol theres no way you could afford to run it here anyway!

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Aug 2 2009, 10:29 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Beautiful cars ! smile.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 2 2009, 10:38 AM
Instructor
Cool looking cars. Saw them in some american movies and remember they can go pretty fast biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 2 2009, 11:02 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow man congrats on getting that car! Looks like a dream car to me! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 2 2009, 11:15 AM
Learning Rock Star
Whoa... Congratulations!! Beautiful car! I love cars like these!

The Eleanor is definetly my favourite as well, though tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Aug 2 2009, 11:47 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow congratz on the new car man! I envy you!

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 2 2009, 12:40 PM
GMC:er
Awesome wheels Ben!! I am officially jealous!!!!
wink.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 2 2009, 12:52 PM
Instructor
This is great man. I'm not that much of a fan of muscle cars, but I can appreciate their beauty and history related to them. When I see this Chevy I think it screams "I need bigger wheels" biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 2 2009, 01:14 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Now THAT'S a car biggrin.gif
AWESOME mate, just awesome biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
edguy
Aug 2 2009, 01:28 PM
Learning Roadie
OHhhhhhhhh man very nice cars. You should be lucky that you don't have "TÜV" in america smile.gif

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:05 PM