2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Connecting Riffs Thread
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 5 2013, 03:24 PM
Instructor
Hello guys! Many of you are working with me in the "connecting melodies (New GMC hit) threads" and we will continue doing songs! In this thread I decided to experiment with a new idea: Connecting Riffs.

I curious to know how this can turn since in this one I just share a drum loop and you should record 4 measures (16 beats) of riffing. Feel free to arrange the part as you wish.. just 1 guitar, guitar riff + chord progression, 2 guitars harmonized, guitar + bass, guitar + keyboards or everything together! smile.gif

Let's use Soundcloud to allow the next one to continue recording from your take. smile.gif

Attached File  Connecting_Riffs.mp3 ( 17.53MB ) Number of downloads: 149

Who starts??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 5 2013, 05:50 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 5 2013, 04:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Uh Gabriel there is a muted 8 sec. bit in the beginning is that supposed to be like that?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jouve: Feb 5 2013, 04:37 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 5 2013, 05:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jouve @ Feb 5 2013, 12:10 PM) *
Uh Gabriel there is a muted 8 sec. bit in the beginning is that supposed to be like that?

It's fixed now! Thanks mate! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Feb 5 2013, 06:07 PM
GMC:er
Awesome idea. Sadly I will have to wait til I get home to record. dry.gif

Recording.

When I started this I had forgotten that I still can't render to .mp3. Hopefully no one will freak out on me when you see the size of the file. blink.gif If it's a big deal you can skip me and I will jump back in. If not my progression is E5, G5, A5, Bb5, E5, G5, A5, D5, E5.
https://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/connecting-riffs/s-RDK8i

This post has been edited by vonhotch: Feb 6 2013, 02:04 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 6 2013, 04:09 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Feb 5 2013, 08:07 AM) *

Recording.

When I started this I had forgotten that I still can't render to .mp3. Hopefully no one will freak out on me when you see the size of the file. blink.gif If it's a big deal you can skip me and I will jump back in. If not my progression is E5, G5, A5, Bb5, E5, G5, A5, D5, E5.

Hey VH what DAW are you using? You may need an mp3 encoder such as LAME in order to render as an mp3 in Reaper and Audacity. I am not sure about other DAW's

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Feb 6 2013, 04:10 AM

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Feb 6 2013, 02:29 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 6 2013, 03:09 AM) *
Hey VH what DAW are you using? You may need an mp3 encoder such as LAME in order to render as an mp3 in Reaper and Audacity. I am not sure about other DAW's

I'm using reaper. I downloaded the LAME file, but I guess I haven't stuck it in the right folder yet. I tried a bunch, but it still won't recognize it. I thought it had to go in the Reaper program folder?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 6 2013, 03:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Feb 5 2013, 02:07 PM) *

Recording.

Nice beginning mate! Thanks for that killer riff! smile.gif

maybe our next riffer can download the wav file and then upload an mp3 with his take?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 6 2013, 04:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Feb 6 2013, 02:29 PM) *
I'm using reaper. I downloaded the LAME file, but I guess I haven't stuck it in the right folder yet. I tried a bunch, but it still won't recognize it. I thought it had to go in the Reaper program folder?

get the Lame file to your desk top , open reaper, try to render it as a mp3 , reaper at this point should bring up a link to your media file plugins, open this link
just drag and drop from desk top

+Quote Post
adibarve
Feb 6 2013, 05:09 PM
Will try and do that in a few hours!!

This post has been edited by adibarve: Feb 6 2013, 05:09 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 6 2013, 05:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (adibarve @ Feb 6 2013, 01:09 PM) *
Will try and do that in a few hours!!

Amazing!! Keep us updated! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Feb 6 2013, 06:08 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 6 2013, 03:27 PM) *
get the Lame file to your desk top , open reaper, try to render it as a mp3 , reaper at this point should bring up a link to your media file plugins, open this link
just drag and drop from desk top

I will try this as soon as I get home from work. Don't let me hold anybody up though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
adibarve
Feb 6 2013, 07:43 PM
Here it is, with my additions. Hope its alright!!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Connecting_riffs.mp3 ( 7.04MB ) Number of downloads: 140

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 6 2013, 08:10 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Feb 6 2013, 08:08 AM) *
I will try this as soon as I get home from work. Don't let me hold anybody up though!

The LAME mp3 encoder file is a .dll ( lame_enc.dll) it should go into your Reaper program files foler. For me it is, C:\Program Files\REAPER
Oh yeah PS: After you have placed the( lame_enc.dll) into your Reaper program files folder, when you go to render something you get a window that says" Render to File" There you will see a dropdown window that says "Output Format" And MP3 (Encoder by LAME project) should appear as an option.

Hope this helps man Cheers! Rich...

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Feb 6 2013, 08:37 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 6 2013, 10:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (adibarve @ Feb 6 2013, 03:43 PM) *
Here it is, with my additions. Hope its alright!!

Yeah!! Some old school Thrash Metal! I like it! It's cool that you continued in the same key so your riff makes sense after Vonhotch riff. Thanks for joining mate! smile.gif

Who is next?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
adibarve
Feb 6 2013, 10:59 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 6 2013, 10:05 PM) *
Yeah!! Some old school Thrash Metal! I like it! It's cool that you continued in the same key so your riff makes sense after Vonhotch riff. Thanks for joining mate! smile.gif

Who is next?

Thought will sound better to remain in the same key!! Glad that you like it! This is really fun!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Feb 7 2013, 01:14 AM
I'm really curious to see how and if and when the keys start changing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 7 2013, 12:36 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 6 2013, 09:05 PM) *

Who is next?

I'll record the next 4 measures, I'm going to upload it within an hour or so.

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 7 2013, 02:10 PM
Here is my take, I hope you'll like it! I've played a riff, and then a riff+solo together.

http://soundcloud.com/jonastamas-gmc/connecting-riffs

My take starts at 0:25. The chords in the riff were: Esus9, C/E, Csus9, Bb5, F5, plus a bunch of open low E strings.

------------------
------------------
-11--12--7--------
-9---10--5--8--3--
-7---7---3--8--3--
------------6--1--

I attach the audio below (same as the SoundCloud file above).

[attachment=30574:Connecting_riffs.mp3]

This post has been edited by Jonas Tamas: Feb 7 2013, 02:57 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 7 2013, 02:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jonas Tamas @ Feb 7 2013, 10:10 AM) *
Here is my take, I hope you'll like it! I've played a riff, and then a riff+solo together.

http://soundcloud.com/jonastamas-gmc/connecting-riffs

The chords in the riff were: Esus9, C/E, Csus9, Bb5, F5, plus a bunch of open low E strings.

------------------
------------------
-11--12--7--------
-9---10--5--8--3--
-7---7---3--8--3--
------------6--1--

I attach the audio below (same as the SoundCloud file above).

[attachment=30574:Connecting_riffs.mp3]

It sounds fantastic Jonas! I love the feeling! And thanks a lot for sharing the chords to let us know how this is build. Great stuff!

Who is the next rocker??? biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 7 2013, 03:16 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 7 2013, 01:54 PM) *
It sounds fantastic Jonas! I love the feeling! And thanks a lot for sharing the chords to let us know how this is build. Great stuff!

Who is the next rocker??? biggrin.gif

Many thanks Gab, I'm glad you liked it!

Looking forward to hear the next riffs! smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:06 AM