How Open Minded Are You To Music?
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 28 2015, 01:29 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I like to say music is infinite, because that's what I think and what makes it even more amazing. My musical tastes are really wide and this can be related to many reason... some of them are:

- Different music transmits or connects with different feelings and I don't feel every day at every time the same.

- I listen to much to music and I get bored of listening the same style all the time.

- I like analyzing music, and listening to different kinds of music expand my creativity and inspire me to create fresher music.

- I always something cool to learn every time I hear something. It can be the way it's mixed, the way it's arranged, how the musicians play, the technique used by the singer. There is always something new to learn.

- I'm fan of music history and evolution. I like to go deep with the info about everything I listen to, who plays there, what the musicians are currently doing, who produced it, related bands, etc. Wikipedia, Spotify and Youtube are my friends.

So the questions is "how open minded are you to music?" "Why do you think you are like that?"

Two albums that I've been listening a lot this week:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 28 2015, 05:50 PM
GMC:er
I also have a very wide appreciation of music, ALL music. I think having been introduced to a lot of music from all around the World from working at the WOMAD Festival for over 25 years has something to do with that!
biggrin.gif

And all the new music I get introduced to here as well!!!
smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 28 2015, 06:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Generally speaking I don't mind listening to a lot of music. Whether it's dubstep, chillstep, jazz, rap/hiphop, rock, various genres of metal, even some pop music is nice to me!

But as for playing I always seem to come back to progressive metal, I think I've found my home there.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 28 2015, 07:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
I listen different kinds of music. It doesn't matter what style is because I always find something in a song that I like, even if it's just a sound, few notes, a drum beat, etc.
From my point of view, it's a must and is very healthy for a musician to be open at any genre of music. This help to develop yourself wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 29 2015, 12:01 AM
GMC Founder
For me it's all about the song. I listen to good songs, and the genre is just one [of many] tool to get there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 29 2015, 02:30 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 28 2015, 04:01 PM) *
For me it's all about the song. I listen to good songs, and the genre is just one [of many] tool to get there.

This is mostly how I approach it as well.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 29 2015, 02:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 28 2015, 08:01 PM) *

Can't agree more with this!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 30 2015, 09:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
For me it's just what it is. What I mean is something about a song will take me and pull me in regardless of genre. I am mainly into rock but I have music by Kiri Te Kanawa, Bob Marley, ABC, ABBA (stop laughing cool.gif ) Steel Pulse and many other "non rock" people.

Been listening a lot lately to the album "Trailorhead" by "Immediate".

Great guitar solo in this one.

Powerful but needs volume wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 30 2015, 09:44 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 30 2015, 10:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I would get bored just listening to the same genre of music all time. One of the bonus features of GMC is all the new music Ive been introduced to. I listen to so much more and different music these last few years since being here.
I cant get enough of Bjork at the moment ohmy.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 30 2015, 10:55 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 30 2015, 11:26 PM) *

Yeah reminds me I haven't listened to her for a while - Björk is absolutely unique (and astounding!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 31 2015, 02:18 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 30 2015, 10:55 PM) *
Yeah reminds me I haven't listened to her for a while - Björk is absolutely unique (and astounding!)

She is, but don't forget to go back into the Sugar Cubes back catalogue which is where I first heard of her many moons ago!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 31 2015, 09:09 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 30 2015, 10:26 PM) *
I would get bored just listening to the same genre of music all time. One of the bonus features of GMC is all the new music Ive been introduced to. I listen to so much more and different music these last few years since being here.

Thanks Scott, that has reminded me, I need to get some Bjork. One of this artists I always enjoy when she's on but never get round to buying anything. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:33 PM