Avant-garde Metal Unexpect
VinceG
Sep 30 2007, 02:46 PM
GMC:er
Behold GMC!

The chaotic musical arangements of Unexpect is unsurpasable. The first time I heard them, I was on the wtf meter but the insane death metal followed through by jazz lounge piano, the melancholy hyms of the violin and the cheesy circus music is like a psychotic nightmare to your ears. And I mean that in a good way.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jAi-JBkebiE

Thoughts? Hate it? Like it? Anything.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by VinceG: Sep 30 2007, 02:57 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 30 2007, 04:26 PM
They are indeed unexpected, even remind me of frank zappa in a way. and I love Frank! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 30 2007, 09:46 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
They have a new fan
<-----That kid

Awesome stuff, just sick as hell, thanks for the link.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Sep 30 2007, 10:15 PM
Well that was weird... tongue.gif I kinda liked it tho...

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 1 2007, 03:51 AM
Yes, indeed they are very weird. They somehow offer a lot of music for different fans. I was actually amazed by the bass and the pianos and oh yea the violin. You can sense something is about to happen in the next 5 seconds when you hear that violin play,

I just got the cd Uncreator and honestly, I did not hear a single filler in the album at all. And I thought they would repeat the same element in Desert Urbania but every song is even more chaotic. They're the most original band that ive heard all year. In A Flesh Aquarium is honestly one of my top 3 albums that came out in the last year or two.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Oct 1 2007, 04:09 AM
I like it! Although I tend to have an ear for the weirder side of the musical spectrum tongue.gif
I agree with Iluha in that it reminds me of Zappa, or even some of Mike Keneally's stuff.

Thanks for pointing them out, it's great to see some really unique stuff now and again smile.gif

This post has been edited by GroovinMastiff: Oct 1 2007, 04:10 AM

--------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 1 2007, 04:19 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (VinceG @ Sep 30 2007, 10:51 PM) *
Yes, indeed they are very weird. They somehow offer a lot of music for different fans. I was actually amazed by the bass and the pianos and oh yea the violin. You can sense something is about to happen in the next 5 seconds when you hear that violin play,

I just got the cd Uncreator and honestly, I did not hear a single filler in the album at all. And I thought they would repeat the same element in Desert Urbania but every song is even more chaotic. They're the most original band that ive heard all year. In A Flesh Aquarium is honestly one of my top 3 albums that came out in the last year or two.

Ill check them out for sure!

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 1 2007, 04:37 AM
oh yes I am seeing them in Jan 12. Im excited hehe

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:23 PM