Hello There :), introduction
Tim_LaMaGra
Mar 31 2009, 01:12 PM
GMC:er
Hey fellow GMC students,

Something I can since yesterday when I entered this website. I am Tim , nickname Tim_LaMaGra and I live in the Netherlands. I was introduced too this site by a friend of mine. I'm an absolute beginner with just campfire expirience. I just like to be able to reproduce songs I hear on the radio. Doenst have to be perfect, but just to make the rythm. I just started out on the first steps tour and producing scales so far. Very intresting so far.

For now i got an acoustic guitar, maby later i will go for an electric guitar and make some burning licks tongue.gif. But i heared it was better to learn the basics on an acoustic guitar. Maby the GMC instructers can back this up or advice me otherwise wink.gif.

Anyway, im happy to be here and learned a lot yesterday, i will just go on and hope to be able to play some songs in the near future.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 31 2009, 01:16 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC Tim! There is no actual rule whether is best to start with acoustic or electric..Its very individual ! Important thing is to START ! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 31 2009, 01:50 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome Tim, if you plan learning some basic rhythm guitar to play radio songs etc I'd suggest you learn the basic open chords & basic barre chords, plus powerchords.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 31 2009, 01:51 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Welcome to GMC Tim smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Mar 31 2009, 02:32 PM
Instructor
Welcome to the Family Tim! Enjoy all the time here! God bless you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 31 2009, 02:35 PM
Instructor
Welcome Tim!
I would love to hear the story behind your forum picture!
Poor kid!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
superize
Ultimate Tone Guru
Welcome to the site

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Instructor
Welcome smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Farmer Joe
Mar 31 2009, 03:01 PM
Hello Tim, Welcome to GMC smile.gif

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Mar 31 2009, 03:15 PM
Hi Tim nice to meet you, welcome to gmc smile.gif

+Quote Post
Artemus
Mar 31 2009, 03:15 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Hiya Tim and welcome to GMC. Cool avatar btw wink.gif

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Mar 31 2009, 05:39 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Tim smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
sted
Mar 31 2009, 06:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi and welcome!!

I think you will see better reults faster on an acoustic, once you have mastered a few basic chords you will be able to play along with a lot of different songs which will get your rhythym going.

In the meantime, have fun!!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Mar 31 2009, 06:40 PM
Instructor
welcome man!

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Mar 31 2009, 07:21 PM
Instructor
Hello Tim, Welcome to GMC

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Mar 31 2009, 07:28 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Tim !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 31 2009, 07:49 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC man! smile.gif If you need anything - just ask, we will try to help as much as we can! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Tim_LaMaGra
Mar 31 2009, 08:10 PM
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Mar 31 2009, 03:35 PM) *
Welcome Tim!
I would love to hear the story behind your forum picture!
Poor kid!

First off all thank u for the warm welcome here on GMC.

About the avatar, i just found it on the internet as a fun picture and scaled it back to an avatar format. The look on that lil guys face is priceless if u ask me tongue.gif .

By the way i started out with the first steps, I'm practicing the scales of justice in different boxes, i guess that will take me a while too master. And i'm aming for that cause I dont wanne have a poor basis to start with. What would u guys suggest speedwise? Ofcourse i'm aiming for a clear and nice sound but what would be an good speed for the metronome?

And further more how do i know I'm ready to go on to a next part?

Thanks in advance for the advice smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Mar 31 2009, 09:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tim_LaMaGra @ Mar 31 2009, 08:10 PM) *
By the way i started out with the first steps, I'm practicing the scales of justice in different boxes, i guess that will take me a while too master. And i'm aming for that cause I dont wanne have a poor basis to start with. What would u guys suggest speedwise? Ofcourse i'm aiming for a clear and nice sound but what would be an good speed for the metronome?

And further more how do i know I'm ready to go on to a next part?

Thanks in advance for the advice smile.gif

Sure, you can start to practice with the metronome right now, maybe with slow speeds, around 50-60 bpm, playing quarter notes over each beat.

Check this lesson by Kris
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/how-to-use-a-metronome.htm

And about the next part, try to use the search engine on the main page, playing something that you like most, power chords, strumming and so on.

Good luck!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Mar 31 2009, 09:25 PM
Instructor
Welcome Tim! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:45 AM