> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Gitarrero's Guitar And Bass Training Ground
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2013, 08:12 AM
Instructor
ze german is quite right biggrin.gif After making sure you will find your comfort range, your singing will be A LOT better. I am quite like you from this perspective - I am much more comfortable in higher ranges rather than low ones. This is actually one of the things I am working on right now - gaining power and control in lower ranges wink.gif

Regarding the pattern - I see a lot of punk music tongue.gif That's what I was referring to and the fact that you have a very good punk music voice. You have to chisel it nevertheless and what I think you should aim for at this point, would be reaching the correct pitches immediately as you are singing those notes.

You have moments when you sing something and gain the pitch after a few tens of seconds smile.gif Once you find your comfort zone, it'll be better and then we will learn how to push that limit together wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 6 2013, 07:27 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
BAM!
The german guy is back!

I had to get some new recording equipment, it all works much better now smile.gif

I also messed around with the keys a bit, I am still not 100% sure in which key I feel most comfortable...but I'll keep messing around with that. I guess it's somewhere between C and D, but not for all songs...weird.
Anyways, here are my new recordings. I am also posting some german songs, since I know some of my fellow germans will check this thread as well (not looking at Jessi and Marc and Dieter at all, though... wink.gif )

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2013, 01:04 PM
Instructor
Hey Christiaaaan!

Man, this is much better and if you noticed, it also helped you pronounce better! The fact that you are a german native helps a lot at singing, simply because of your natural habit of biting the words! I think that the tonalities fit you - aside from the Green Day one, which can be a little higher I think smile.gif

I loved the Manic Street Preachers tune - it's one of my favorites smile.gif

As a general conclusion - you should start working on finer details such as note length, accentuating some of the words, singing softly or more aggressive - try to tell a story when you sing, mate!

I guess this could be a great idea for a video chat session, eh?

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 7 2013, 01:25 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thank you very much biggrin.gif
A friend of mine also told me I could sing the Green Day song higher, I will try that!

And yes, you should make a video chat session about this! I may have a reached a point where I need to hear what I should change/improve...in the meantime, more stuff will follow soon, as I noticed my singing improves the more I do it.
Wonder if the same is true for my guitar skills? tongue.gif

So, how is your singing career coming along?

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2013, 01:37 PM
Instructor
True indeed man - the more you sing, the more you discover your possibilities - my singing career is going very well - I am practicing daily at leas 1 hour and each Thursday, I am having skype lessons with my dutch instructor biggrin.gif

I will soon start filming the acoustic covers so stay tuned yourself biggrin.gif in the mean time, what else do you got in yer bag, eh? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 7 2013, 02:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sorry for hijacking this - just wanted to say this is just awesome Christian smile.gif good work with those covers!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 7 2013, 04:28 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks Marc biggrin.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 8 2013, 09:38 AM
Instructor
Congratulating someone is anything but hijacking! Welcome back mate biggrin.gif I was wondering where you have disappeared?

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 8 2013, 08:27 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Are you ready for some more german madness?

As requested by a friend of mine, I recorded another full cover of My Immortal. This one is much better than the first one, but I'm still not really happy with my singing on this.
More acoustic covers are in the making!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 9 2013, 02:03 PM
Instructor
Christian, my good man biggrin.gif

Congratulations for a very nice arrangement and interpretation! In my fair opinion - it's still a bit too low for ya smile.gif You can sing higher and it's pretty clear to me, that you would be much closer to your comfort zone. You are not yet that expressive in this range and there were some little missed notes in the guitar playing biggrin.gif See 0:05

Try to pitch up the backing track with 1 half step and then even one whole step and see how your voice feels in that tonality biggrin.gif

Looking forward to hear more songs and your impressions on this one wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 9 2013, 02:46 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks Cosmin!

Yeah, I noticed that missed note when I was done with everything and was too lazy to fix it biggrin.gif

Didn't think I could sing it higher...until you told me, and I tried. And guess what?! Ze Romanian was right!

Now...how do I pitch this thing up in Reaper? I'll try to figure that out.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 9 2013, 03:21 PM
Instructor
Darn technology eh? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 9 2013, 03:27 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 9 2013, 04:21 PM) *
Darn technology eh? biggrin.gif

For real biggrin.gif

now for something completely different, I recorded a take for your Industrial collab! What do you think of it?

https://soundcloud.com/gitarrero/industrial-collab-wbt

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 10 2013, 08:32 AM
Instructor
I think it fits like a glove! biggrin.gif

Efficient and beautifully not delicate - just like German industrial metal, eh? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 10 2013, 08:43 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 10 2013, 09:32 AM) *
I think it fits like a glove! biggrin.gif

Efficient and beautifully not delicate - just like German industrial metal, eh? biggrin.gif

There is such a thing as German industrial metal?
I had no clue that we have bands in that style! tongue.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 10 2013, 09:59 AM
Instructor
There is one called ... Rammstein, if I am not mistaken?

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 10 2013, 10:18 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 10 2013, 10:59 AM) *
There is one called ... Rammstein, if I am not mistaken?

Oh, what a coincidence...they are playing at the Southside Festival, so I'm gonna see them in two weeks :DBut yeah, my take was Rammstein-inspired.
Oomph! is another German industrial band you might wanna check out.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 10 2013, 08:11 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I found out how to pitch tracks in Reaper biggrin.gif luckily it was simple, so ze lazy german recorded a new vocal track right away biggrin.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gitarrero/my-immortal-full-cover-new

And here is the acoustic version:

and another song I am practicing right now, so far away by Staind. I haven't fully memorized it yet, so the vocal melody differs from the original version...but it's a work in progress.

edit: I played this one 1 full tone higher than usual and I think I really pushed my boundaries here...and I realized I should warm-up when singing this high, cause my voice was a little sore afterwards.

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jun 10 2013, 08:14 PM

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 11 2013, 09:44 AM
Instructor
Christian, please set the Youtube links so that I may be allowed to watch biggrin.gif

Mate - I think you should focus on having a little more power when singing longer notes smile.gif A lot of strength will come if you use your back muscles - imagine that you squeeze two oranges under your armpits when having to sustain longer notes, ok? Let me know if you can feel the strength of your back muscles coming to your aid, ok? Once you get this going, learn how to control the level of effort and use it in various degrees, in respect to the intensity of the singing - low intensity + less back support -> high intensity + increasing back support.

Deal?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 11 2013, 07:05 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
The youtube links are watchable now biggrin.gif

Thanks for the advice, I was wondering how to support the long notes, I'm pretty sure your advice will help me! Let me try it a few times, then I'll give you some feedback.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:57 PM