Paul Gilbert 16 Note Runs
Kevin98497
Jan 15 2008, 09:30 PM
GMC:er
His famous runs consisting a collection of notes repeated down the octaves yer?
I just made a great discovery that the idea may have came from Beethoven! I was playing a sonata just now and suddenly realised all the fast runs in it are in sets of 16s! So unless someone even more acient did any of that, Beethoven's THE MAN! !
beethoven sonata op 31 no 1 btw smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Paul Coutts
Jan 15 2008, 11:39 PM
Paul Gilbert plays a variety of things from septuplets to 9 notes per beat and even 11....but, yeah, he is heavily influenced by classical music. Watch his Guitars From Mars DVD's. You'll see. Fantastic DVDs biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 15 2008, 11:54 PM
Instructor
16 notes per beat are 64th,
not so had to count but hard to play at hight tempos biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 16 2008, 12:04 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
You Know with all the Paul Gilbert threads we have, we just should have a general Paul Gilbert Thread.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 16 2008, 12:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 16 2008, 12:04 AM) *
You Know with all the Paul Gilbert threads we have, we just should have a general Paul Gilbert Thread.

Agree biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jan 16 2008, 09:00 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 15 2008, 11:04 PM) *

We should just have a Paul Gilbert forum under the GENERAL GUITAR scribble smile.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 16 2008, 09:23 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Paul Coutts @ Jan 15 2008, 10:39 PM) *
Paul Gilbert plays a variety of things from septuplets to 9 notes per beat and even 11....but, yeah, he is heavily influenced by classical music. Watch his Guitars From Mars DVD's. You'll see. Fantastic DVDs biggrin.gif

Guitars from Mars
kicks ass! biggrin.gif And your right paul takes alot of influence from classical and I love it biggrin.gif

So when do we get our Paul forum ? unsure.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jan 16 2008, 10:45 PM
yeah, man absolutely fantastic DVD's biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 17 2008, 09:52 AM
We should just make a whole sub forum dedicated to this one of a kind shredder. His technique, theory wise, and fun catchy music is enough for me to start working harder on my soloing techniques.

Twelve, Twelve is my favorite song at the moment by the way. Have a nice vibe. I also love the bite tone his guitar makes.

What a great guy he is. I hope to meet him someday.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:36 AM